test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

They need to Extend the Mirror event

amaresh1amaresh1 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
Cryptic,

You guys are causing us to spend multiple hours on our Alts for this Mirror Event. I could not go on Friday because the servers were borked. Now I can't go tonight because the servers are borked. I only have a limited window that I can spend the 2.5 hours to get all my alts through the mirror invasion before my wife goes crazy on me. Now 2 of alts will not get done today. Fix it or extend the mirror event. This is getting just stupid at this point.
Post edited by amaresh1 on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nobody is forcing you to grind alts on the mirror event. You are the only person who is causing that to happen.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • tyranthraxisiityranthraxisii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Nobody is forcing you to grind alts on the mirror event. You are the only person who is causing that to happen.

no, but why wouldn't the many players who have been playing this game for years, and have put a lot of time and money into it not want to get the DOFF on all of their alts? please don't post anymore if you don't have anything important to say.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=TREQGl54BU8&feature=endscreen
    I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.:confused:
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ether way they need to extend the event. It is really effing with Australians being able to play. My husband and I only had *just* logged in. We teamed up, queued up, headed in....and boom; disconnect. We can't just drop everything and run to log in later, if and when it comes back up during our play hours. It was down the other day (for my time) from 6am - 2pm. My main playtime is 7 - 11am. I missed an entire day, then, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    um, how about they do not think it is worth it, or just do not want to Doff at all? not that hard to think about. You are not being forced to do this event, or even play this game.
    edited March 2014
    no, but why wouldn't the many players who have been playing this game for years, and have put a lot of time and money into it not want to get the DOFF on all of their alts? please don't post anymore if you don't have anything important to say.

And who deems what is and ins't important?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • bottledhate1bottledhate1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i have to agree :mad:
    edited March 2014
    Sigh I really think that this game/forum has more trolls than any blizzard game at this point....
    I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.:confused:
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Cryptic, for one. It's called a SPECIAL event for a reason.
  • klaazklaaz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They should just give us the doff at this point.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah not going to happen....clearly some of you have short memory of past events where the Servers were worst.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Nobody is forcing anyone to do anyone.

However, when a fairly severely time gated event is ongoing and we get these sort of disconnects, then it would be fair to extend things to make up the difference.

I have lots of toons. My choice.

I'm in a small fleet and one of the major bread winners as it were. Again my choice.

So, because I'm fleet minded and try to do my best, when these events come around i try to run it on as many toons as possible.

So, I made a schedule, so many toons a night, making sure to stagger things in order to ensure all get the reward.

The disconnects (plural) are starting to make that even more difficult.

Surely cryptic could throw us a small bone here?
    edited March 2014
    Nothing is wrong with extending it due to things like an outage.
    edited March 2014
    skurf wrote: »
    Cryptic, for one. It's called a SPECIAL event for a reason.

I was talking about the other poster saying my comment wasn't important. It had nothing to do with Cryptic or the game.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    just make the last day worth 14 thingamajigs; problem solved! :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • rangervegasrangervegas Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Anyone posting with negative comments about people wishing the Mirror Event was being extended due to the downtimes, apparently you don't read much of the forums.

Please refer your brains here, specificly the cut and paste already posted by PWLaughingTrendy DAYS ago.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1058971

Your welcome. :rolleyes:
    edited March 2014
    just make the last day worth 14 thingamajigs; problem solved! :D

LOL accept when the server is down all day on day 14?
  • bignutterbignutter Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've heard that they're going to extend the event a few days ago.

One Problem is that the next event is due to start on or before April 5th, for First Contact Day. (Our KDF warriors have a "Day of Honour", Romulan captains have no known Holiday.)

Cryptic can't move the April 5th date, it's the date mentioned in ST:First Contact.

The last time I checked the Mirror event was would end just before the First Contact Day event starts.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bignutter wrote: »
    I've heard that they're going to extend the event a few days ago.

One Problem is that the next event is due to start on or before April 5th, for First Contact Day. (Our KDF warriors have a "Day of Honour", Romulan captains have no known Holiday.)

Cryptic can't move the April 5th date, it's the date mentioned in ST:First Contact.

The last time I checked the Mirror event was would end just before the First Contact Day event starts.

Yeah, it's an actual issue.

I can see a couple of other solutions, all previously suggested in other threads by other people.

One is to drop the requirement by a small amount. 10 or 12 transthingies instead of fourteen.

The other is for the transthingies to drop two at a time.

But extennding the event, which would usually be preferable, may not be the best course.

I'd favour dropping the requirements to 12.
  • darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Because of the 20 hour cooldown they really do need to extend this another week with these 2 prime time downtimes. They already said there were going to extend it on Facebook but just had not said how long but after tonight's servers meltdown, a week would be fine.
  • nova2284nova2284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Mirror needs to run until at least to April 10 2014 - I don't see what the issue with have 4 weeks to run this when we had 4 weeks to run Crystalline! :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DELTA RISING FIXS THERE NEVER COMING WHY I'M I WASTING MY TIME ASKING FOR THEM ???
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Damn Terrans hacking the servers again . . . do you blame them?!?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • deadhorse1deadhorse1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ever think they can't make the event longer as it would cross over into the next weekend event?
  • chenza98chenza98 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    you all crack me up, you realize they gave us 3 weeks to get 2 weeks worth of farming done from the start, AND they have already said that they are extending it on both Facebook and twitter due to the outages. there is plenty of time to get the rewards still.
  • rangervegasrangervegas Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    chenza98 wrote: »
    you all crack me up, you realize they gave us 3 weeks to get 2 weeks worth of farming done from the start, AND they have already said that they are extending it on both Facebook and twitter due to the outages. there is plenty of time to get the rewards still.

Yea but bignutter did bring up a valid point. Unless the First Contact Day event is so minor of a change from a programing point of view it could cause huge issues trying to have the servers run more than one active special event at the same time.

It DOES seem like the First Contact Day event is fairly minor as in it's only one enabled special mission so it might be doable to have it start while Mirror Event is still live but it may be a tossup as to what it does or dosent affect on the server.
  • sethagornsethagorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Anyone posting with negative comments about people wishing the Mirror Event was being extended due to the downtimes, apparently you don't read much of the forums.

Please refer your brains here, specificly the cut and paste already posted by PWLaughingTrendy DAYS ago.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1058971

Your welcome. :rolleyes:

Where exactly is the cut and paste that states how long they have officially extended it?