test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server D/C? [Resolved!]

Comments

• kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Shouldn't a paid Cryptic employee be more sensitive to the trauma inflicted on one of their paid customers?

Considering there's a Volunteer Community Moderator at the end there, we're not joking with a paid employee.
  • zeroangel76zeroangel76 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    These outages aren't very common, although this one comes on the heels of the big one on Friday. I'd say another couple of hours at least, some time tomorrow at worst given that they say it isn't a server hardware issue.
    Thanks. :)
  • ussmonkeyboy12ussmonkeyboy12 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So servers need extra hamsters? wd40? I got nothin' lol :D
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is possible to be an MMO addict while having a social life and not stuck in basement forever, some of you should try it. Only thing is you have to use your limited entertainment time just for MMO and not bother watching TV or movies anymore.

I hardly saw any movies released in the past couple years maybe only 2 or 3 so have no shortage of stuff I can watch in times like this.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • ramsesthegreat1ramsesthegreat1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "D'Tan, we need your Help!!!, There is a disabled and severly damaged Fed vessal and an elachi fleet is comming! It will be here in a few hours!" "How bad is the damage?" "The ships comms are down, weapons and warp offline, minimal power to engines, life supports on full!" WHat vessal are you in?" AN odyssey" "And you cant fix it yourself" "We dont have a full enginering team, we can barley maintain our warp" "YOU LEFT SPACEDOCK WITHOUT A FULL ENGINEERING TEAM????!!??!?" "It wont be assigned till friday" "Face-Desk" -End Hail'-

Obviously STO doesnt have a full team of engineers right now, and they dont have alot of time until the angry mobs come. They have pissed everyone off!
  • rangervegasrangervegas Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Shouldn't a paid Cryptic employee be more sensitive to the trauma inflicted on one of their paid customers? What I am going through right now is comparable to the worst travesties mankind has ever inflicted on another human being. I've been unable to play for over an hour now. This mental trauma will have long-lasting, possibly permanent consequences.

This made me lulz....and is epic. Deserves it's own thread. :D

I am now waiting to see how many people get it. :D
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is all the Leechers who just stayed in their ship and did nothing while the Terran Empire opened rift after rift until the server crashed...

I blame them, so many rifts formed that many more ships came out of them and that is when the servers literally melted down into a puddle that would make a dying founder proud to call it's own.
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • datura80datura80 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~LaughingTrendy
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    These outages aren't very common, although this one comes on the heels of the big one on Friday. I'd say another couple of hours at least, some time tomorrow at worst given that they say it isn't a server hardware issue.

This is the true and not silly answer.

I'd add that they do have a tendency to cluster, which when you think about it makes sense.
  • krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    It is possible to be an MMO addict without staying in your basement forever and not having a social life, some of you should try it. Only thing is you have to use your limited entertainment time just for MMO and not bother watching TV or movies anymore.

I hardly saw any movies released in the past couple years maybe only 2 or 3 so have no shortage of stuff I can watch in times like this.

Or watch movies/TV while you game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • iceraven1977iceraven1977 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lets See If We Can Hit 200 Post Pages
  • bansheedragonbansheedragon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    o0kami87 wrote: »
    and... tribbles down

As I expected, the problem is cascading.
    How long before the whole system is down like last time?
  • intrepid31intrepid31 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So just wondering what the latest news is. Has there been any time frame update?
    edited March 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    Can't We All Just Get Along:d

You mean.....after the Federation takes over the whole universe? :D
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Update everyone: We're attempting to restart the Warp Core right now.
  • rogerishrogerish Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tarsudo wrote: »

Is very rare that it happens... but... all players want STO ON!!!

o.O define very rare.....

while you come up with your answer excuse me while i collect forum thread links from the last 4 "networking issues" in the last 2 months (that I know of) and any more i come across while doing so lol :P

....and again to be sure they get the point, mirror event extension at the VERY LEAST plznty :D ik sh** happens but don't make us pay for it :cool:
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited March 2014

It won't ever repair the damage done by being unable to play for an hour. That's an hour of my life I will never get back. I'm going to go to the grave having not been able to play STO for an hour. I hope you can live with that on your conscience.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    update Everyone: We're Attempting To Restart The Warp Core Right Now.

The Undine Attack Has Failed! Protect The U.S.S. Cryptic Until They Can Get Running Again!
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • jameskirkejameskirke Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is so NOT Going where no man has gone before. Wow is this slow...

LoL..
    "To boldly go where no man has gone before."
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My magic 8-ball says this bodes well.

Mine says 'ask later' so I think I'll defer to yours...
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Twice in 4 days... Maybe Cryptic needs to invest in more/better hardware if they are looking at getting/keeping more players. :(
  • ramsesthegreat1ramsesthegreat1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Try replacing it with a singularity core, so much better and effiecient!
    edited March 2014
    datura80 wrote: »
    major, who do you think you is? You're not working for criptic, so you're just a troll. I make valit educated points. you make laughable carnival hick town verbage that doesn't mean anything. It's like putting dry ice out on a picnic table. USELESS

You mean...not unlike your post slaming the CM for giving us some input about what's going on. Oh yea...that's not the same thing AT ALL..... :rolleyes:
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    :: Link ::

New Password For Servers
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Make sure you get the matter/anti-matter mix right, we don't want to end up spending tomorrow mournfully trying to fruitlessly re-connect to a crater where the data-center used to be....
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Random question....

Are you a fan of Bleach....*looks at avatar...*
  • discordwhoovediscordwhoove Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Janeway: "Commander, set a new course. There's coffee in that nebula."
    princess_luna__animated_signature__by_c3fear-d4xcdac.gif
  • jalaxajalaxa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Hello iconians, due to your traumatic incident due to <insert issue here>, I've gone ahead and forwarded your <insert complaint here> to our <insert random name that means nothing> to investigate the issue. :)

You should hear back from someone in <insert random number> weeks.

Thanks! :)

Obviously this is a joke people so don't take me seriously.

I'm glad you find if funny that a game that represents something a great as the Star Trek franchise is administered by a company as incompetent as Perfect World. To add to that insult you seem to think poor customer service is funny to. You have a bright future in the fast food industry.
This discussion has been closed.