test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Massive DOFF reward in Dyson Sphere

roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
I was in the sphere a couple of days ago and a "provide leave" development mission came up. I took it and since I had a ton of purple doffs not doing anything at the time I loaded it up hoping to hit a nice crit bonus.

I was more than a little amazed when I did crit on is and my reward was 22,000 Dev points. Yep, 22,000. It took me from 103,000, to 125,000. Unfortunately I was so stunned by the payout I completely vapor locked on documenting which DOFFs I had queued to it or exactly what the misision title was.

Needless to say that for the past few days I've been loading up my doff tasks with all the sphere missions I can find. Has anyone else had massive hits in the sphere? Is there a list anywhere of which missions give out the best crit bonus' in the sphere?
Post edited by roadghost on

Comments

• Options
    captainpirkocaptainpirko Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i dunno about a list, but to view what Doff mission gave you so much, you can go into your assignment log (its a button underneath the completed and in-progress tabs on the side).

the log lets you see which Doffs you sent, what rewards were, the name of the mission, and basically everything you'd see if it had just completed.

and yes, the dyson sphere has some of the best Doff missions for rewards. they arent always there, but when they are, they're fantastic.
    [SIGPIC]Timelords Fleet [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    It was a few days ago, the log only goes back a short time, It had cycled through before I thought about checking the log.
  • Options
    mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    roadghost wrote: »
    Needless to say that for the past few days I've been loading up my doff tasks with all the sphere missions I can find. Has anyone else had massive hits in the sphere? Is there a list anywhere of which missions give out the best crit bonus' in the sphere?

The other one that seems to have a huge payout is 'Send Recruitment Mission' (I forget the exact title). 12 hours, 3k Recruitment CXP normally, and lots on a crit. It doesn't seem to pop as reliably as some of the others though.
  • Options
    snowpig74snowpig74 Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    roadghost wrote: »
    Unfortunately I was so stunned by the payout I completely vapor locked on documenting which DOFFs I had queued to it or exactly what the misision title was.

This is the mission you are looking for.
  • Options
    abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Doh, there's just have to be one ... (hmmm) ... person... every 3 months which will go out and post on forums about dyson sphere doff missions.

I just wonder do you all want to do bartender chain for 30+ days to get dev cxp to T4?
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited March 2014
    The whole doff system needs a rework with rewards more in line with the Dyson ones. Recruitment is extremely hard to get normally. That said I just got a critical on the massive Dyson recruitment one: "send recruitment squad to alpha quadrant on behalf of Dyson joint command'

10,875 recruitment cxp - not a misprint - ten thousand!

I did not critical the development one but it paid 5509 non crit

Edit: on another toon I just crit the dev one for over 23k - now if they gave better rewards all throughout the game maybe more people would get into doffing - instead of giving up taking months to level a toon out to max.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Doh, there's just have to be one ... (hmmm) ... person... every 3 months which will go out and post on forums about dyson sphere doff missions.

I just wonder do you all want to do bartender chain for 30+ days to get dev cxp to T4?

Some of us spend more time playing the game than cruising the forums looking for posts to make snarky replies.

Did a search before posting, didn't find any posts about dyson cxp's.

Even if so, 3 months old would be a necropost and adding any comment to it would be in violation of forum rules.

Explanation enough?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The whole doff system needs a rework with rewards more in line with the Dyson ones. Recruitment is extremely hard to get normally. That said I just got a critical on the massive Dyson recruitment one: "send recruitment squad to alpha quadrant on behalf of Dyson joint command'

10,875 recruitment cxp - not a misprint - ten thousand!

I did not critical the development one but it paid 5509 non crit

Edit: on another toon I just crit the dev one for over 23k - now if they gave better rewards all throughout the game maybe more people would get into doffing - instead of giving up taking months to level a toon out to max.
    Crit Hamlet... you know you want to... :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    You all do know you get extra rewards for using purple doffs on top of the crit. Just putting that detail out there for the benefit of the people that don't know.

In the case of that assignment, you crit it with 5 purple doffs and you get 100% bonus off the crit and 100% bonus off the "doff quality".

And yes, Hamlet uses so many doffs that throwing a bunch of purples there just keeps hiking up the reward.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Honestly, I always found Development to be one of the easiest to max out. Even before the Dyson sphere was added in.

Exploration always has tended to be the one I have troubles getting grinded out.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Honestly, I always found Development to be one of the easiest to max out. Even before the Dyson sphere was added in.

Exploration always has tended to be the one I have troubles getting grinded out.

I maxed exploration doing data samples. My two remaining tier III's are medical and colonial, just because always hated carrying around colonists and completely ignored medical missions that just gave 50 CXP's in favor of higher paying in other career fields.
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited March 2014
    Crit Hamlet... you know you want to... :D

Developement is one of the easiest to get. The 3 that are low paying and a pain are:

Recruitment - if you don't hang around ds9s 3 blocks you are ever going anywhere with that - even then it's ton's of low paying turnouts( yes there are lotss of refugee turn ins around earth, but that is also a pain)

Trading - also lots of low paying short missions.

Diplomacy - again outside of the ds9 sections there are lots of tiny paying missions that will take either 20 years or 20 hours a day doffing.

Those 3 really need a balance pass.

Some say exploration - but if you have 15 plus good research labs then you can run 5 of the 450 cxp+ 20hr missions every day.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Recruitment is extremely hard to get normally.

I always found recruitment to be one of the easiest to level by far.

Tons of assignments that are rewarding to run and are commonly in my assignments logs reward it: asylum on X, gamma officer exchange, Academy recruitment, Dominion prisoner exchange, Relocate colonists, Supports, the up- and downgrinder, etc...

You can just buy cheap rares on the exchange, grind them into commons and earn both EC and recruitment xp at the same time if you have a few empty doff slots.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • Options
    onyxmonolithonyxmonolith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've routine gotten about 24,000 on a crit for the Provide Shore Leave to Dyson blah mission. I'm not sure if it's working as intended or not, but it functioned the same way for both my Fed character, whose commendations are mostly maxxed out and my Romulan, who was sitting at about 80,000 Development experience before the critical and reached tier 4 on that mission alone.

And I've found recruitment and trading to be the 2 that have taken the longest to reach tier 4. Everything else has been tier 4 for quite some time and I'm just now going over 90,000 experience in those 2. I suppose recruitment could be relatively easy, but it requires the player to spend a lot of time engaging in behavior that is outside the norm for running doff missions and gaining doff experience such as doing what is suggested above.
  • Options
    liberator68liberator68 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    You all do know you get extra rewards for using purple doffs on top of the crit. Just putting that detail out there for the benefit of the people that don't know.

In the case of that assignment, you crit it with 5 purple doffs and you get 100% bonus off the crit and 100% bonus off the "doff quality".

And yes, Hamlet uses so many doffs that throwing a bunch of purples there just keeps hiking up the reward.

Can you tell me which purple doffs ie what skill they have for doing these .
  • Options
    onyxmonolithonyxmonolith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can you tell me which purple doffs ie what skill they have for doing these .

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Support_Colonization_Efforts

They are all listed here for the Federation side. The Klingon side has a different list.

Be warned in advance though that these missions are either very rare or they do not come up nearly as often as the developers intended because it's been months since I completed the end of the chains on almost all of these star clusters and I think I've seen the Support Colonization Mission that is supposed to unlock when you finish the colonization chain on the cluster twice, once for Delta Volanus and once for another in the Romulan sectors. I've never seen one in the Deep Space Nine sectors or any of the others.
  • Options
    watsterwatster Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Trading - also lots of low paying short missions.

dil mine missions. 5k on crit for trade and development
  • Options
    liberator68liberator68 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    finally finished B'Tran cluster chain and got a blue duty officer,guess i will have to buy a heap of purple doffs to get critical on every mission,funny thing is on last mission you do not get the option to slot a doff,so i'm guessing it takes into account the previous 6 missions in chain and how much critical you got in total.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The last chain mission (which you just did) *always* rewards a blue 'renown' doff. It also unlocks the 'Support Colonization Efforts in (sector)" mission - *that* is the mission that rewards the purples on crit.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    For colony chain you always get blue doff at 7/7 mission, then you run supports for purples. Supports got somewhat 24 - 28 cd if memory serves me which is tad annoying.

The beautiful thing about supports is that you can run them with doffs from other supports. So

Good Support doffs for FEd Side, all 2 traiters:

Delta Volanis (10 of them is a good number)
    Eridan Belt
    Zenas Expanse

Good Support doffs kdf side:

D'Kel (Laura - 3 traits, but department is toxic, so I take 1 Laura + 4 2-traiters, usually rolor)
    Rolor
    Khazan
    Delta Volanis (currently bugged for kdf)
  • Options
    eatsmarteatsmart Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    [System] [NumericReceived] You received 24,107 Development XP
    [System] [NumericReceived] You received 5,798 Development XP

24,107 From a crit. Non crit with exactly the same doffs was 5,798. Mission lists the crit bonus as +100%. Math and the mission appear to be having a lovers' tiff.
  • Options
    xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok, just crit on the dyson shore leave mission, over 36k development cxp from it.

[11:44] You received 980 Energy Credits

[11:44] You received 21,218 Expertise

[11:44] You received 18,526 Expertise

[11:44] You received 36,160 Development XP

[11:44] You received 125 Dilithium Ore

[11:44] Collected rewards for assignment "Provide Shore Leave Services to Dyson Joint Command Personnel".

:D
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    eatsmart wrote: »
    [System] [NumericReceived] You received 24,107 Development XP
    [System] [NumericReceived] You received 5,798 Development XP

24,107 From a crit. Non crit with exactly the same doffs was 5,798. Mission lists the crit bonus as +100%. Math and the mission appear to be having a lovers' tiff.

Not true - the 100% bonus is from using 5x purple doffs for that mission - 20% each - if you had used 5 blues it would have shown 50% bonus. or 10% each

The crit reward is calculated differently then the bonus.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Added a couple of assignments at the end and, more importantly, updated the assignment pickup location maps. They're still not perfect but they're better than they were before.

p.s. Sphere + CXP weekend = <3

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.