test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devs: Please add Elite versions of Romulan Mark-earning space missions.

senselockesenselocke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Please.

I left the game in March last year in large part due to everyone saying "Wait for May!". Well, I waited, and I hopped back in last month (barely hours too late to get a free Obelisk carrier, d'oh!).

Lo and behold, the new Dyson system is amazing! Ground combat is fun and engaging, smaller-but-instant rewards, stuff to do everywhere!

Excitedly, I loaded up the PvE queues, and... still only three Romulan events, none of which earn much in the way of Marks, none of them higher than Normal difficulty.

Just... can we have Elite versions? Please? Yes, I know I can chase rabbits, but that's really more WoW fetch-and-grind than Star Trek. Alternatives are always nice.

So, that's my request.

ps--Oh, and please see fit to retro-reward a once-and-current subscriber that free Obelisk everyone else got? I missed it by hours, man!
Post edited by senselocke on

Comments

• Options
    hosanin#8084 hosanin Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Have to say that I fully agree with you, got sick of the grinding for marks and have been browsing the forums for the last 2 hours when I came across this lol. Yes, I know that there are several of you who would like to say that it is a waste of my time, but it's my time.

Back to the topic at hand. Running through these with my fleet for which ever mark we need at the time, we have often talked about having an increase to the number of marks (5-20%), or an elite version that gives more like with Omega Rep.

Yes, there are other ways to get the marks, but for those who don't have much time to play, THIS would make life a lot easier on them and they could get their rep gear just as fast as everyone else.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You can get the freebie Obelisk for FCs and a FSM if your fleet's spire is high enough tier. As for the rommie marks, yeah, that is annoying, but if you run Mine Trap and do the Tau Dewa Sector Daily, just once a day, you'll get at least 120 RMs, which is more than enough for rep, and by the time you hit Tier V, it will be enough that have built up to get you whatever you need.

But I agree. Elite versions of those TRIBBLE easy missions would be nice.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited February 2014
    +1, we really need elite versions of the Romulan STFs... especially space. As it stands, the best STF to earn rommie marks in is Mine Trap, and nobody plays it. I'm gearing up to grind Romulan rep here soon after putting it off for so long... I hit tier 2, get the Zero-Point, and quit out of boredom.

You might want to wait until this weekend, for the Bonus marks weekend. Serious grinding could net you a TON of rommie marks. I plan on rotating Azure Nebula and Mine Trap, along with all the New Romulus Ground quests once per day.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Need to update this:

Bonus Marks apparently don't affect Eppoh turnins. So, again, Romulan Marks are made even more disproportionate to earn compared to everything else.

UPDATE: Sorry, I was wrong! They do reward 600, but the price in Eppoh Lady Store and in the popup still said 400. But you actually do get 600. Sorry for forgetting to update this thread with my correction!

WE NEED ELITE ROMULAN MARK MISSIONS.
  • Options
    abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Actually they did. I strategically rased 2+ epohs on all toons without rommi rep and sold those for 600 marks right to the hands of epoh lady.

It did leave all my vice admirals sort of dissapointed of the fact that they should strategically think about small rodent breeding for at least 10 days... They're still grumpy, but i guess they'll get over it. Eventually.

And ever since they killed the real epoh lady and replaced it with hologram (I know!) she's got a weird sense of humour of always giving you 3 epoh research only when you got 4 of those already.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Sorry, missed that one. I realized I was wrong later that day and went through editing an update into every message I'd made.

Again, I missed that one. You are indeed correct--the actual reward that pops up above the chat box (and in System Chat) is 600 Marks for a turnin--but the tooltip, and the price in the Store listed, and the popup asking you to confirm, all said 400. And I didn't want to waste the three I'd saved.

Thankfully, for my main, I'm done with the miserable Romulan grind. It's truly pathetic. Not so thankfully, my KDF alt is just starting it. Ugh...
  • Options
    gloomyghostgloomyghost Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    +1

i started educating myself as to what ways there are how to earn Romulan Marks. This is just insane. I do 4 to 5 STFs and got hunderts of Marks. I spend the same time running around on New Romulus and doing boring stuff nobody needs and got about 40 Marks. After HOURS of playing.

Pls. add Elite Rom Space Missions! I checked my calendar and i got a free weekend at the end of march. Would be nice if you had added at least one or two by then. ;)
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Azure seems to be capped at 24 marks anyway which is pathetic.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We need STFs for Romulan marks. We do not have any actual "STFs" for them atm.

The fleet actions are not STFs.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Make New Romulus into a compelling place to go, rather than the awful assignments it currently has. We should have more than one ground area worth going to for marks. It's a beautiful planet, but none of the missions are worth the time it takes to run them. :(
  • Options
    abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Something tells me we're going to have choice of rommi marks and fleet marks from the new mirror event redux. Which wud be nice, cause chasing small mammals for 10 days breaks my immersion. REALLY!

Paying a visit to the dreamland there for a second: wudn't it be nice if "rep sponsorship token" would also open a choice of marks reward on all space missions...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Make New Romulus into a compelling place to go, rather than the awful assignments it currently has. We should have more than one ground area worth going to for marks. It's a beautiful planet, but none of the missions are worth the time it takes to run them. :(

It is beautiful, and the music is simply stunning! But for all the ramp up, the lead in, and the story... it's hollow. Nothing you do there is worth the time, and nothing for Romulan rep even comes close to the reward/time of Omega or Dyson rep.

Sure, there are Rabbits. But I had enough "do the same thing every 20 hours" during the Rep grind to not want to do them in perpetuity.

Hourly Elite Fleet Actions, and bring back the Elachi stuff.