yudhistiro wrote: »
    are we there yet?
    Yet, there we are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vonriktorvonriktor Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Per twitter
    Star Trek Online ‏@trekonlinegame · 6m
    @shamrockduck We're looking at what seems like a hardware issue.
  • yudhistiroyudhistiro Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yet, there we are.

yay!!!
    where the hell are we?
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vonriktor wrote: »
    Per twitter

We'll no kidding

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There's always that painful moment between the hope of getting back online for the day, and the inevitable sadness of realizing that night has fallen, and you've been left to wait until at least next morning. :(
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • duxbellorum1duxbellorum1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    devtracker wrote: »
    I do. I can create an account for free, log in for free, and play every single mission in the game for free. Furthermore, I can get any item in the game store I want for free by trading dilithium for zen. So to recap, I can play every single mission in the game and get any item in the game store without spending any of my money. So yeah, I call that free.

With some luck find a lockbox ship now and then..
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I spy with my little eye something beginning with O

it was outage
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • capt123capt123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    :( hope it is back soon life without sto NOOOOOOOOO ya am sad haaa
  • eldritchdrakeeldritchdrake Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yudhistiro wrote: »
    yay!!!
    where the hell are we?

You remind me of the babe
  • therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is what you get if STO hangs on a thin wire, i mean 1 server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mutati0nmutati0n Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Per twitter

An intern spilled coffee on the racks again.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    alanburch wrote: »
    Kirksplat is among the elite content providers in STO. My Indiana Jones federa is off to you sir

Thank you for the compliment. There are lots of better authors out there. Please check out the Purity series. There are so many great authors out there, but unfortunately, you usually have to know what to custom search for since the UI is terrible and the lists are mostly 50% shooting shieldless ships in a barrel for trash ECs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I do. I can create an account for free, log in for free, and play every single mission in the game for free. Furthermore, I can get any item in the game store I want for free by trading dilithium for zen. I can play every mission in the game and get any item in the game store without spending any money. So yeah, I call that free.

Free would engender that *any* item you get in game was not originally purchased with real-world money.

And that of course is not true, when you trade for ZEN it is paid for by design... just because you didn't pay for it does not mean there was not a real world monetary transaction that took place.

If the game was "truly free" it would have gone bust by now because shinnies and boxes are the only thing that keep the game ticking over... it certainly ain't the story content :D

In addition if you're grinding in order to get items you'd end up paying money for all it says for you is that you value the money you earn more than the time it would take grind to get the stuff. For people like me for whom out time is more valuable than money... grinding stuff for free is a waste of a far more important resource than money... you can always make more money but time is a finite resource :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • devtrackerdevtracker Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    With some luck find a lockbox ship now and then..

And if I do find a lockbox, and I am actually interested in what is inside(which I usually am not), I can take some dilithium and trade it for zen, then buy a key to open the lockbox without spending any of my own money. It cant get any more free than that.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2014

What babe?
  • thisisimposiblethisisimposible Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For anyone getting impatient, I'd like to remind you that Cryptic/PW is losing money every second this game is offline. As much as you want to get in game so you can enjoy your Friday night at home playing video games, Cryptic's motivation to get the game up and running is actually far stronger than yours.[/QUO

I agree with this person, and besides the money Cryptic's losing, some ones probably got an angry Japanese company breathing down there neck.

not to offend, as a multitude of colors and tongues, are one of the great joys in life
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    WTH? did they load another season?
    sig.jpg
    edited March 2014
    What babe?

The babe with the power
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So noobish question, how do you gain a rank on the forums :P

Oh post here and there and everywhere... while not ticking off any forum mods. Sounds like rubbing your belly with one hand and TRIBBLE on a lightbulb with the other you say? Try it standing on one leg and typing with 2 fingers while whistling "She'll be coming round three mountains when she comes..." :D
  • hygtkilo98hygtkilo98 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lockbox Server:D
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Per twitter

Well that's it then, we are doomed!!!! Good luck replacing hardware without the need to reinstall new drivers and all other problems that usually comes with it.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The babe with the power

Great Maker! Why are we talking about babes!?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Per twitter

From what it's looking like it's a networking hardware issue and that's confirmed.
    Confirmed. Networking hardware issues
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited March 2014

What babe?
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • thewolfsterthewolfster Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Free would engender that *any* item you get in game was not originally purchased with real-world money.

And that of course is not true, when you trade for ZEN it is paid for by design... just because you didn't pay for it does not mean there was not a real world monetary transaction that took place.

If the game was "truly free" it would have gone bust by now because shinnies and boxes are the only thing that keep the game ticking over... it certainly ain't the story content :D

People equate free to 'not having exchanged currency for' - not considering the exchange of time and effort. So considering something free in this sense means you value your own time at nothing.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    for the inconvenience they should make JH fighter hangars available to all Jemnaught owners, without having to buy a bug
    sig.jpg
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Great Maker! Why are we talking about babes!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvyNOg4jSRg
  • yudhistiroyudhistiro Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The babe with the power

this power?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VauzhTAuoFw
  • anticlonusanticlonus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    People equate free to 'not having exchanged currency for' - not considering the exchange of time and effort. So considering something free in this sense means you value your own time at nothing.

even in this case, SOMEONE at some point in time bought that key. You paid for it in time and effort. PWE gets something out of you.
  • alanburchalanburch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Thank you for the compliment. There are lots of better authors out there. Please check out the Purity series. There are so many great authors out there, but unfortunately, you usually have to know what to custom search for since the UI is terrible and the lists are mostly 50% shooting shieldless ships in a barrel for trash ECs.

Wish there was a way to better communicate the "Authors Pick of the Week" or something like that -- You know?
This discussion has been closed.