test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can hear the cries of thousands of alt's who are missing their Daily Mirror Event grind.

I got on for a minute or two just now, flew the entire length of PV and saw 3 other players. 2 in Reg then got dumped heading to Sirius.

Got Server Not Responding for about 50+ seconds then kicked out to login screen.

Guess I'll watch First Contact.
  • luke9769luke9769 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    When I click play star trek on ARC, it goes to the left corner of my screen and says trying to update launcher. please be patient. and then it attemps to connect 5 times, then it just stops. Never opens. Can I get some help please?
  • greuceangreucean Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can't even connect to the launcher. I open up STO from Steam and it says "connecting to patch server, trying 1 time... 2 times... 3 times," etc until it gives up and tells me it can't connect

same, at

http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online

says patch server down
  • shenadrenshenadren Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Also, for everyone who is posting detailed information regarding issues you were having regarding the servers, thank you. I'm doing my best to keep everyone aware of the situation and this data helps us. I can use constructive information regarding any instabilities to potentially help the situation. :)

If you need more ductape to hold the log-in servers together, I'd be happy to donate.:D
  • roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So is this happening to other people too?

I tried to launch the client but it wouldn't connect to the patch server. So I rebooted and tried again, same result. then I tried Arc (ugh) and could log in to Arc but not launch the game (got the same error.

Don't see any announcements from Cryptic about outages....anyone else have any info?
  • snarfgazoosnarfgazoo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Same thing here auto update tries 5 times and shuts down
  • mtschoenhutmtschoenhut Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm also not able to launch the patch server. I'm having the same problem on 2 separate computers in my house, so I know it's not just isolated to mine.
  • artemida82artemida82 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Maybe Cryptic just testing our patience ... (They probably have no idea that the cup of patience overflowed soon ... )
    tumblr_inline_oomvjpBt8H1qjixz5_500.gif

Writer and Author: victoriakanakaredes.webnode.cz

"On the world is only one good, and it's knowledge. And is only one evil, and that is ignorance."
    (Socrates)
  • akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shenadren wrote: »
    and disconnected again right before i finished the mission. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I strongly advise anyone not to attempt any quests, STFS, or anything serious in the game right now as it's very unstable and you will get kicked out every 5 minutes.

PWE & Cryptic are two names I'm avoiding the next time I'm looking for an online game.
  • kreenklopskreenklops Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zanirorily wrote: »
    It seems there are still login problems at cryptic side. I cannot start the launcher and just very seldom get the chance to connect - to be disconnected after a short time.

Any idea whats going on?

Now that you mention it, I got DCed an hours ago out of the blue as well, but could log back in at that time.. and I had laaag just before this thing..
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    greucean wrote: »

Same here.
  • shadolokshadolok Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i hope mirror incursion event gets extended because of multiple day connection and lag issues.
    :(
  • neoskull62neoskull62 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    When i click play the launch screen is giving me problems not connecting. Are the servers down?
  • spd669spd669 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Mods actually only have the same tools every other players do to diagnose issues. We have no backend access so yes, when we can see the game works for us and we can only go as far as saying "do this to try and fix it" that's all we can do.

Like it or not, we aren't super beings :P

That was some apology.
  • startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    same problem here, dont have a clue.
  • rbeventhorizonrbeventhorizon Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Also, for everyone who is posting detailed information regarding issues you were having regarding the servers, thank you. I'm doing my best to keep everyone aware of the situation and this data helps us. I can use constructive information regarding any instabilities to potentially help the situation. :)

Thank you! Please do keep us updated. I want to know when I can get on with my friends :)
  • diabolicaltroopdiabolicaltroop Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Evansville, IN Server Down Scotty hurry up or we are all going to die!!!!
    KDF Ancient House of Seplch
    Dahar Master "Epitai" Kelrok son of Pok Seplch House Leader Tactical
    General Babd Grace O'Malley House Seplch Science Officer
    Fleet Admiral Quintus Savat House Seplch Tactical Officer
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Well that page isn't exactly reliable... Been there half a dozen times when the game was up, and it still said that it was down.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Let's see...
    I was doing a mission when I noticed unusual choppiness. It progressively got worse. This was about 40ish minutes before I DCed.
    I was using the US proxy option.
    I'm in the Washington DC area with Verizon ISP.
    Hmm...
    That's all I can think of atm.
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Should try that little used forum.. Gameplay Bugs. There is some stuff there that was happening an hour before the server actually went down for all.
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Apology accepted Captain Needa :D
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As usual: they posted something on FACEBOOK, but don't say anything on their own Forums....
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    akanaro wrote: »
    PWE & Cryptic are two names I'm avoiding the next time I'm looking for an online game.

Because no other MMO ever has any unscheduled downtime?
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Now that's a handy link to bookmark.. Ta
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    akanaro wrote: »

Akanaro is stating an opinion

also can I have your zen?
  • kreenklopskreenklops Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This says all is DOWN..
  • rbeventhorizonrbeventhorizon Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's down. Use this resource to keep updated on when it goes back online:

http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online
  • xgorillapxxgorillapx Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm having the same problem. I downloaded the latest launcher as recommended if running into these types of issues, from the following thread...
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=505501

This didn't help. I got the following errors.log...

140321 20:20:54 1 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The connection was idle for too long
  • mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Evansville, IN Server Down Scotty hurry up or we are all going to die!!!!

"I canna change the laws of physics!" --Scotty
    "Change the gravitational constant of the universe!" --Q
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • turbosmiglowiecturbosmiglowiec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    http://stostatus.com/ now power. Hackers??
This discussion has been closed.