What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited March 2014
    And disconnected again...remembering from past days i expect a total server down for two hours shortly.
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • Options
    mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not just the launcher; game client is repeatedly disconnecting from the server. Waiting on login server (again).
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thoksta wrote: »
    Launcher is down and also when i open the sto client it wont connect to account server. Lets all drink some beers and wait for it!

Same here, "Connection Timed Out" :mad:
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sorry to report that we are experiencing some issues with the Launcher.

We are investigating what is causing this issue, and we will update the thread as we receive more info from our team.

Sorry for the trouble everyone.

Thanks for your patience!

~CaptainSmirk

There is more going on than that - I was kicked out of an STF just now ("kicked out = losing connection to the server"), and I joined one that was already running, so I think someone else was kicked out before me.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    iceraven1977iceraven1977 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I Am Takeing Over The Computers As We Speak
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I do not believe that Sto crashed at all. Smirk may claim the team is investigateing but Smirk is also going on shore leave.

He may be going to a beach like place but really what does one need to on vacation other then play sto. If there is no internet on the beach he would still need to connect to the servers to play.

I think Smirk disconnected the servers to take them with him on vacation.
  • Options
    njsjedinjsjedi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    its down for me too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Fleet builds the fleet

join date Feb 10
    twitter us at sccfleet.
  • Options
    borgus1122borgus1122 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Told ya before in thread "Server down". After loging in again, i could play for few minutes and than game chrashed, and again and again. But who would listen to me. :(
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    it crashed right at the end of spin the wheel for me, not helpful when i'm leveling a toon
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      maoguinmaoguin Member Posts: 40 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      launcher was showing server was offline, was able to log in, almost comical seeing friend after friend dc/log back in. Chat was online, then offline.. search the databanks, look for something to do with an Iconian Probe and Picard's Enterprise..
    • Options
      akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 72 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      askray wrote: »
      I have no problems and if it was a widespread issue, there would be dozens of posts about it today. The only way anyone can help is if you follow the troubleshooting guide http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=919211

And give a traceroute so that everyone else can help you. Also you can try going into the options once the launcher loads and changing the proxy settings.

It's a wide spread issue. Just coz you're not effected does not mean everyone else in this threat is talking nonsense. Typical Cryptic mentality of shrugging shoulders and going "ah well, that's life!"

I would tell you what you can do with the troubleshooting guide but I'm sure you can figure it out. :mad:
    • Options
      varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      robdmc wrote: »
      I do not believe that Sto crashed at all. Smirk may claim the team is investigateing but Smirk is also going on shore leave.

He may be going to a beach like place but really what does one need to on vacation other then play sto. If there is no internet on the beach he would still need to connect to the servers to play.

I think Smirk disconnected the servers to take them with him on vacation.

The tricksie hobbit! :D
    • Options
      nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Now not even the launcher is launching. Those disconnects really go well with the mirror event, just got kicked out of that again.
    • Options
      samuraipumpkinsamuraipumpkin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Just got DC'd. Can't connect to update server.
    • Options
      omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      I was able to login, but once I launch the Mirror event PvE it counted down to 5 second then booted me. Now I cannot login.
      AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
      Windows 10 Pro
      Intel Core i7-5700
      RAM 32 GB
      2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
    • Options
      thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Mine shows it's down NOW ... was on got "GS shutting down before getting to ready state" trying to do foundry mission "Alpha Flight" and now it's "Fatal Error: Unable to iniialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long"
    • Options
      groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      "Attempted re-entry procedure captain"
      Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
      "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
    • Options
      anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Yes and as long as I don't close the client that works fine because it was launched by the launcher originally. If I close the client and reopen it, it will never connect for me. The reason I asked about shutting your machine down is this would remove any external variables.

Games back up for a moment now :p Hopefully long enough to turn in 4 more characters.

Well then you are doing it wrong... Grats... You're the first I've ever met who can not log in using only the client.
      Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
      Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
      Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    • Options
      matrixbobmatrixbob Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      yea same here can't even log back in
    • Options
      cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Experiencing numerous outages as well. Trying to play different characters. Usually 1 out of 3 can complete the MIE before kaput happens. Annoying, but not life threatening.
    • Options
      erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Yep,

This is hella Frustrating when your trying to run time gated grinds on Ten Characters :(

The severs just seem to kick me out at random and then they seems to go right back up and after I bit they go down again :mad:

Oh well I've got a college algebra placement test I should be studying for :P
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      napster8784napster8784 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      I'm not able to login to server and the same for some of my fleet mates
    • Options
      remianenremianen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Might be a good time to upgrade the Commodore Vic-20 you have running the server to something more current but not prohibitively expensive. A Pentium 3, perhaps? Just for events, you understand. This kinda thing seems to happen (to varying degrees) with almost every 'event' at some point during the event period. Just a suggestion :)
    • Options
      mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Game client still up here, but not connected; repeated time-outs attempting to connect to login server.
      Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
      OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
    • Options
      groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      "Re-entry failed captain,re-entry failed...."
      Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
      "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
    • Options
      psychocouakpsychocouak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Server is down.
    • Options
      varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Might be a good idea to stop connecting to the game when you get booted, no?
      :rolleyes:
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      well might as well go onto some rome total war
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • Options
        akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 72 Arc User
        edited March 2014
        According to a certain moderator we're all imagining the issues and now the complaint threads are starting to vanish. I wonder if they think we're stupid?
      This discussion has been closed.