test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Photonic Science Bridge Officer

flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
Been reading up on the STO:Wiki (I know it's not an absolute truth as source, but it's as good as we've got). Regardless, the Photonic Science Bridge Officer ~ can that still be obtained anywhere, or is it well and truly corrupt?
attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
Post edited by flash525 on

Comments

• samt296samt296 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    Been reading up on the STO:Wiki (I know it's not an absolute truth as source, but it's as good as we've got). Regardless, the Photonic Science Bridge Officer ~ can that still be obtained anywhere, or is it well and truly corrupt?

You can get it on the exchange for a good 40 mil or so I think...
    "When people ask stupid questions I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers."

Keltoi Class... fan design. You KNOW you want one In-game!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    samt296 wrote: »
    You can get it on the exchange for a good 40 mil or so I think...

i think your thinking of the lobi tac officer. from what irememebr, the photonic science officer was one of the "recruit a friend" rewards, which means unless they put it in the C-store like they did the Gal-X, you wont be seeing it again.
  • samt296samt296 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    i think your thinking of the lobi tac officer. from what irememebr, the photonic science officer was one of the "recruit a friend" rewards, which means unless they put it in the C-store like they did the Gal-X, you wont be seeing it again.

You can buy it off of the exchange I just checked... type in "photonic science" that should bring it up... but they are prohibitively expensive.
    "When people ask stupid questions I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers."

Keltoi Class... fan design. You KNOW you want one In-game!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm happy that I have my reclaimable Photonic Science Officer for both Factions that I got for Referring one friend to STO back when the game launched.

You can still find the Photonic Science Officer like mine on the Exchange, they were made available along with the Liberated Borg BOFF just before the game launched its F2P version; however, the Exchange version is Not reclaimable.

The Photonic Science Officer is a Great resource for Hazard Emitters 3 and a few others skills ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sup3rn4psup3rn4p Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    what really bothers me aboput the Photonic Boff is, you can't modify it's appearance, which is rather stupid, since it is an hologram, and should be able to be altered in any way possible
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sup3rn4p wrote: »
    what really bothers me aboput the Photonic Boff is, you can't modify it's appearance, which is rather stupid, since it is an hologram, and should be able to be altered in any way possible

The Doctor on VOY wasn't known to alter his appearance very often. While it may be technically possible, your holo BOFF is quite happy with his looks and being a sapient being, has the right to refuse any alterations to his appearance.

Why your other BOs agree to all the plastic surgery, I don't know.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    He's a member of the crew and should at a minimum wear the appropriate uniform. But I agree he should be the most customizable character in the entire game.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I bought one on the exchange, so I confirm that they are available.

In retrospect, I shouldn't have bothered. The Photonic Bridge Officer Ability? Commander level Science ability. I fly zero ships that offer Cmdr-level Sci seating, so I'm SOL. Should have read more carefully, eh?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, you can still occasionally find them on the exchange, no they are not worth it except for maybe a bragging right for owning something unique.