test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet projects with Dilithium Costs: Why is EC being ignored?

projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Fleet System and Holdings
EC, in spite of being the primary game currency, has no substantial value. Sure you have the ability to perform a few arbitrary P2P transactions for fleet modules and special ships (or other equally utilitarian content) but beyond that what does it really get you?

A runabout?

I propose the following: replace dilithium costs in fleet reputation projects with EC costs. If dilithium serves any purpose in that system, at best, it would be to keep a starbase running. Since there is no reason to doubt that that idea has come up and is in the works we may as well get it over with now and just use dilithium to fuel our starbases, ships, weapons, bridge officers, and non-combat pets.

yee ha. *facepalm*

Discuss.
Post edited by projectfrontier on

Comments

• cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh wow.

Dil costs for fleet projects serves as both carrot and stick to get people to cough up cash money for Zen. Unless your suggesting EC start taking on aspects of Dil, such being able to easily buying it with Zen Dil Exchange style for example...
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    EC, in spite of being the primary game currency, has no substantial value. Sure you have the ability to perform a few arbitrary P2P transactions for fleet modules and special ships (or other equally utilitarian content) but beyond that what does it really get you?

The Commodities that you need to feed to the base?
    DOffs off the exchange to feed to the base?

Just to name a couple... ;)
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Those commodity costs are not an inconsiderable expense, and most of it has to be bought with EC from vendors. Doffs from Exchange don't count, that's PvP still, as the EC isn't consumed by the process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I do wish that commodities were a bit more...unified on how much FC you got relative to how much they cost in EC to get (without extra discounts, like from a Ferengi).
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The nearly one billion credits necessary to complete all the holdings is enough for me.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=620201

Perhaps you need a smaller fleet where you can contribute more EC?
  • projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I highlighted the part that none of you bothered reading, let alone responding too. Good luck being snarky in round two.
  • notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Discussion? What discussion, your answer is here:
    cyckath wrote: »
    Dil costs for fleet projects serves as both carrot and stick to get people to cough up cash money for Zen. Unless your suggesting EC start taking on aspects of Dil, such being able to easily buying it with Zen Dil Exchange style for example...

This means that dil costs override any need for ec costs, since its dil costs that actually serves any purpose in fleet holdings system. All other costs are just icing on the cake.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"