test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FED Tutorial Ship Interior Hallways

eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
edited March 2014 in Federation Discussion
I wonder if any developer has ever gotten an inquiry about this: Now since those neat hallways and bent corridors exist, also the new transporter room, engineering and sickbay ... could those be made the standard interior set for the Origin bridgeset? Simple question. ^^

~ Shy greetings, Eris.
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Post edited by eristhevorta on

Comments

• Options
    trekbob5trekbob5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    a lot of ppl have been asking about this...they look great.
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I hope that even more people will ask about it, so it will eventually get changed, I think it would be just a minor switch to trigger and the interiors could change to those from the tutorial. :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Would be awesome to fully customise the interior of our ships, or at least have some different styles available (not just "small", "medium" and "large"), like the special Defiant and Connie bridges do
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I really hope we get them. The current interiors are horrid.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    rtb321rtb321 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I Love my Defiant(Belfast) interrior, was pricey though
  • Options
    miri2miri2 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I really hope we get them. The current interiors are horrid.
    "Horrid" might be a bit of an overstatement, but I do agree they could use a lot of tightening up. The curret interiors just feel way too big and open. I know, I know, the Klingons are right when they say that Federation starships are basically luxury liners, but now that the devs have a much tighter interior ready, I'd love to see it employed on the rest of our ships.
    Like ltdata said, it would be great if we could pick an interior style or something. Like having the choice between the Standard and Origin interiors in Small, Medium, and Large or something like that.
    Eh, call me a dreamer. This isn't exactly the highest priority for the Devs to work on, but like a lot of posters have already said, it would be nice.
    “True success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.”
    -- Winston Churchill
  • Options
    firestorm10491firestorm10491 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I support the origin interior going in it is a very well done interior and I for one haven't been leaving the interior subject alone. It comes up often and Cryptic needs to stop putting its head in the sand on it. Horrid is no overstatement with the interiors below the bridge they really are an eyesore.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Point the first:

It's funny, the original interiors were designed for "shipboard combat", yet, to this day, not a single encounter takes place aboard the player's ship. Every shipboard fight takes place on "someone else's ship" that has a different interior layout than the "stock" starship bridge.

Wait a second, the "new" Federation tutorial has a fight on that Origin bridge (specifically designed for that combat, then repurposed/recycled into the "stock" ship interior) aboard the ship that the player's been thrust into command of...

Yet my original statement stands. Not a single "original" bridge, or any of the "original" hallways has a single phaser fired on them.

Point the second:

Therefore, the interiors now suffer from "KDF syndrome" - since nobody uses their full interiors (outside of Belfast / Connie / Freighter), it's cost-ineffective to revamp the interiors. Of course, the general consensus is that until the interiors are given a revamp, nobody wants/needs to use them.
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dareau wrote: »
    Point the first:

It's funny, the original interiors were designed for "shipboard combat", yet, to this day, not a single encounter takes place aboard the player's ship. Every shipboard fight takes place on "someone else's ship" that has a different interior layout than the "stock" starship bridge.

Wait a second, the "new" Federation tutorial has a fight on that Origin bridge (specifically designed for that combat, then repurposed/recycled into the "stock" ship interior) aboard the ship that the player's been thrust into command of...

Yet my original statement stands. Not a single "original" bridge, or any of the "original" hallways has a single phaser fired on them.

Point the second:

Therefore, the interiors now suffer from "KDF syndrome" - since nobody uses their full interiors (outside of Belfast / Connie / Freighter), it's cost-ineffective to revamp the interiors. Of course, the general consensus is that until the interiors are given a revamp, nobody wants/needs to use them.

They call that "The Self-fulfilling Prophecy."

I don't want to loose access to the default interiors as they have grown on me. I do want to see more interior options.
  • Options
    neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Origin corridors where the only thing that made me want season 8, I sooo wanted nice corridors on my ship. Please give us the option :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And please can they be added to the foundry....
  • Options
    rtb321rtb321 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I didn't like the Show enterprise, but I did like the ship lay out. I would like to see that, I love my "belfast"defiant interior. Too bad there is no enterprise-D interior or Voyager (for mid sized ships).

Did anyone do step between the stars in a Defiant class?

"Really Tama? you evacuated deck ten? On a Defiant class!? Some one get the operations manual for First Officer Tama, because I think she forgot how many decks this ship has!"
  • Options
    grace58grace58 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I wish they would let you customize your interior to a further extent than what you are currently allowed. I would love to be able to customize the captian's chair! lol :cool:
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I want the Son'a captain's 'loveseat' from Insurrection. It was incredible.

http://imgur.com/u6W5nz7.jpg
    Greenbird