test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Video] - New Custom Kits Preview!

thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
I found the kits, let's look at how they can be your own custom kits in Season 9

Make sure to watch the whole video, I did find the kits at 12 minutes in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R261mwAMdYg&feature=share&list=UUn4zU6WXABPUvmUOpluwbTw
Post edited by thedoctorbluebox on

Comments

• litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Those new kits look sweet, anything to make ground better.
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Finally i can customize my kits to my personal preferences. EPIC!!
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nice. Thanks for the preview :P
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The time has come at last. Custom kits. And it was glorious.

I wonder if the base kits will give boosts to certain modules :hmm
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hmm custom, maybe, though still just gonna end up with a "best set" rather than a best Kit, also depends how much we have been done over with the non consumables which is what i am worried over.
  • sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lolz thats me shooting at him on ESD.
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Interesting. No matter what kit I choose to go with for the endgame I always have one ability I rarely use, or never even bother to put into my tray. It will be nice to finally have the choice to swap them out for something more useful.
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Damn, I need to use Tribble more often, thanks for the heads up
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • bladewolf5bladewolf5 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Cool... :)
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    The time has come at last. Custom kits. And it was glorious.

I wonder if the base kits will give boosts to certain modules :hmm

I think according to the dev blog, they said something along the lines, that the "Mark" adds extra module slots and Green, Blue and Purple variants will enhance or boost the various modules ... Or something like that ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If non consumables end up taking a slot I'm gonna cut someone...
    edited March 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    I think according to the dev blog, they said something along the lines, that the "Mark" adds extra module slots and Green, Blue and Purple variants will enhance or boost the various modules ... Or something like that ...

Which blog was that? :eek:

I need to reread it.

Or do you mean the release notes. I'll check it.

EDIT: Here it is

Kit Revamp:
    • The Kit system has been overhauled!
      • New Kits now allow you to add Modules to them.
        • Kits and Modules exist from Mark I to Mark XII and in Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Very Rare qualities.
        • Kits can provide skill bonuses to either general Ground skills or career-specific Ground skills:
          • Higher rarity kits provide a larger number of discrete bonuses
          • Higher Mark kits provide a larger magnitude of skill with each bonus
          • Higher Mark kits contain more slots for Kit Modules
      • Kit Modules are a new type of item, consisting of a single power.
        • Each module belongs to a Career (Science, Engineering, or Tactical) and a Specialization.
          • Each Career is made up of two Specializations:
            • Science
              • Research Modules emphasize experimental new science-based control and damage effects
              • Medic Modules focus on healing wounds and supporting teammates
            • Engineering
              • Fabrications Modules allow Engineers to create temporary constructions
              • Mechanic Modules focus on using devices to enhance allies or impair foes
            • Tactical
              • Assault Modules focus on direct damage and explosive effects
              • Strategic Modules emphasize the battlefield planning and control abilities of the user
          • Modules of a given Specialization can only slot into Kits with an open slot of that Specialization type.
            • For example, “Turret Fabrication” is a Fabrication-type Module.
            • It can be slotted into Fabrication slots in any Engineering Kit, but cannot be slotted into Mechanic slots in any Engineering Kit.
      • Basic Common-quality Kits and Modules are available from Ground vendors for Energy Credits
      • All qualities of Kits and Modules drop from ground enemies as reward possibilities.
      • Fleet Holding Kits have been updated to provide a purple-quality Kit with a pre-slotted purple-quality Module of the power that was previously a “Mark IV” power.
        • These are equivalent in power to their previous versions.
      • For testing purposes, the test console on Drozana Station will provide anyone with random assortments of level-appropriate kits and modules as many times as the tester desires.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Dil store has the skills in it.

I found 14 Tactical skills, 7 Assault and 7 strategic. Mk X skills ran for 5025 dil each.

You can slot / un-slot to your hearts desire, it is great fun. Plus the old kit visuals are now in the taylor to play with, so you can custom the look of a kit (mix and match visual parts from all 3 classes to make a mean looking kit). Keep in mind, this is only a visual change and part of your uniform options.
    edited March 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »

I found 14 Tactical skills, 7 Assault and 7 strategic. Mk X skills ran for 5025 dil each.

You can slot / un-slot to your hearts desire, it is great fun. Plus the old kit visuals are not in the taylor to play with, so you can custom the look of a kit (mix and match visual parts from all 3 classes to make a mean looking kit). Keep in mind, this is only a visual change and part of your uniform options.

I forgot all about that. I do have to scope out the kits in the tailor, that's gonna be nice.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If non consumables end up taking a slot I'm gonna cut someone...

The devs mentioned they were thinking about doing this, but decided to leave devices out of the Kit system. I guess they could make it possible to have a universal slot be able to equip devices and modules so you could have 5 device slots instead of just 4, but as far as I know, the universal slot might not even be in the game and this idea is likely to never happen.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I found the kits, let's look at how they can be your own custom kits in Season 9

Make sure to watch the whole video, I did find the kits at 12 minutes in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R261mwAMdYg&feature=share&list=UUn4zU6WXABPUvmUOpluwbTw

No offense doc, but you could have saved some 12mins by reading into the dev's released info that mentioned all prior existing kits would not be able to slot anything, only new kits.

Also I noticed when you hovered over two of the mk ix basic sci kits for EC's, they had the top two with a different icon, but both has a 2/2 making them if not differing in appearance a waste of 2 kits when 1 could do either job equally.

Otherwise always a welcome for the work you put into providing us quality information. TY
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No offense doc, but you could have saved some 12mins by reading into the dev's released info that mentioned all prior existing kits would not be able to slot anything, only new kits.

I might argue, my confusion will be typical confusion from players when this goes live on Holodeck. I think we will see a lot of this at first, people will be asking how do they put the module on their kits.

Perhaps through showing my confusion it will help others through the process and not feel so dumb when they try to slot modules on the "classic kits" :D

Maybe it will also help the devs create some sort of instruction method, or documentation of what is required to make it work so it is more easily understood, as well.

I like doing these videos blind, without testing it first, that way it's as real-world as it gets and represents what other players may encounter.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I sincerly hope UNiversal slots will allow Sci and Tac to use things like Turrets and Generators.

That Sci's couldn't create AT LEAST medical generators always annoyed me.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    foundrelic wrote: »
    I sincerly hope UNiversal slots will allow Sci and Tac to use things like Turrets and Generators.

Sorry to burst your bubble friend, but I don't think you can mix n' match skills from different careers - this is in the patch notes:
    Modules of a given Specialization can only slot into Kits with an open slot of that Specialization type.
    For example, “Turret Fabrication” is a Fabrication-type Module.
    It can be slotted into Fabrication slots in any Engineering Kit, but cannot be slotted into Mechanic slots in any Engineering Kit.

I agree it would be awesome to have skills from each career since we can do it in space no problem, so never say never.
    jockey1979 wrote: »

You can slot / un-slot to your hearts desire, it is great fun. Plus the old kit visuals are now in the taylor to play with, so you can custom the look of a kit (mix and match visual parts from all 3 classes to make a mean looking kit). Keep in mind, this is only a visual change and part of your uniform options.

Is that just for Feds, or are all 3 factions getting this option?
  • onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I believe it's for everyone, i stopped by Tribble on my KDF Rom and was able to mess around with the new kits quite easily

the KDF are also getting kit visuals for themselves in the tailor, just as Feds are getting those visuals moved to the tailor

i'm NOT sure if Romulan kit visuals are in the works or not, or if the KDF kit visuals in the tailor are different looking than the Federation ones.
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2014

coupaholic wrote: »
    Sorry to burst your bubble friend, but I don't think you can mix n' match skills from different careers - this is in the patch notes:

I agree it would be awesome to have skills from each career since we can do it in space no problem, so never say never.

The devs have spoken about this becoming a possibility, and if it does, just look for the next lockbox near you.. ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited March 2014
    1 to 4 slots, what about the current 5 power kits then, tough luck ?

And I am still very confused over the fact there are two 2/2 kits I mean arent they identical ?
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    paspinall wrote: »

And I am still very confused over the fact there are two 2/2 kits I mean arent they identical ?

I'm thinking not everything is there yet when this is all finished and goes to Holodeck ;) All still Beta.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The last tribble patch took away kits from the drozana test console ( it was an accident ), so next patch they will be putting them back, also I can possibly see them putting tac/sci/eni kits with one universal module in as a premium lockbox reward ( please don't cryptic ). Oh and doc it was me who mentioned the kits on your channel.
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    coupaholic wrote: »

Is that just for Feds, or are all 3 factions getting this option?

I only played with my Fed on ESD - but others have posted it is the same for KDF & Rom
    edited March 2014

Also I noticed when you hovered over two of the mk ix basic sci kits for EC's, they had the top two with a different icon, but both has a 2/2 making them if not differing in appearance a waste of 2 kits when 1 could do either job equally.

Otherwise always a welcome for the work you put into providing us quality information. TY
    I'm thinking that that is a placeholder for something. Or someone one was tired when they programmed it.

That is counter-intuitive as all heck ain't it?
    paspinall wrote: »

The 5 power fleet kits are actually going to come slotted with an advanced module with the power that was the Mk IV power according to the notes.
    edited March 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    I'm thinking that that is a placeholder for something. Or someone one was tired when they programmed it.

That is counter-intuitive as all heck ain't it?

The 5 power fleet kits are actually going to come slotted with an advanced module with the power that was the Mk IV power according to the notes.

Yeah just wasnt sure if it was staying 5 slot or if we were just going to get a 4 slot like the others and a power in it (for that matter of course also depends how it restricts the power choices in the 5 as we wont be able to choose the build ourselves if it changes our current ones.

or of course we do but we will have to buy it again costing a lot more resources overall on top of what we have spent for what may well be a lesser kit then.
  • zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited March 2014
    It will take months with a lot of qq and nerfs until some kind of balance will be restored to ground pvp with this kit revamp.
    This is Crypticverse... :mad: