test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Battles channel (Got Canon?)

Comments

• trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    I have to admit I like this channel too. Very fun, laid back and people don't rage when I become a plasma sponge kill. Happened a few times with Reyan and Trizeo.

Just those times when you get focused by the Tactical cube of the gate and before you can hit 1 button you are zerg killed.

They actually felt bad about it, but I shrugged it off and help them win, no whining, no fussing no nothing. I like it! :D

Well I think what has come out of STB is to have the specific type ships do their roles... so yeah I feel bad if I wasn't able to throw TT and TTS in time as it has created a real "team" environment where in we look out for each other.

It's also apart of my RP to shout... "NOOOO!" hahahah!
  • tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A STB fleet came to my mind too, but i quickly abandoned that idea. It's really hard to make a fleet work. And let's face it: the perks of being in a fleet don't help STB at all. If anything we'd need some -20% damage consoles :D
    Furthermore I think we want to get people jojn it without much responsibility.
    We want to have fun. Making a Fleet membership mandatory, or making a fleet at all to be "in the core of it" contradicts the very idea of that channel.

On the topic of failed optionals: I think we did a KASE, no probe slipped through. But we failed the optional because it took to long. And nobody really noticed it. 'Cause we just didn't care. I remember trizeo saying something like: "wow, that was nice, that was tough! we made it!"
  • william627william627 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sounds interesting id like to join in on the fun :) send me an invite pls @william627
  • caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Had an awesome time tonight!

Went through SB10 with a single team, now that was an adventure. Somehow managed to stay alive with all of the Klingons aggro'ed on my little non-Fleet Cheyenne, and in the end, it seems they were no match for our canon-powered Phaser beams. It was almost as if we were channeling our inner plot armor.

Went and hopped in my Dreadnought after that, and I have to say, fighting off Gorn from the Starbase was a blast. (Even that moment when I full-impulsed to save a certain Admiral William in his zippy corvette, only to have his exploded innards streak against my viewscreen as I flew through said corvette's wreckage. ;-; so close)
    edited March 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    I have to admit I like this channel too. Very fun, laid back and people don't rage when I become a plasma sponge kill. Happened a few times with Reyan and Trizeo.

Just those times when you get focused by the Tactical cube of the gate and before you can hit 1 button you are zerg killed.

They actually felt bad about it, but I shrugged it off and help them win, no whining, no fussing no nothing. I like it! :D

I think what has come out of these teams, or at least for me especially when in a cruiser, is the need to look out for one another. I've been more conscious of my self healing & healing of others just to ensure everybody stays alive.. heck I even throw out heals in my Defiant if I see a fellow team mate in trouble. It also helps in the overall fight as if people keep blowing up especially in elite then that means the timer gets longer in their respawn.

I mentioned this yesterday but yeah if we lose the optional... really who cares.... at least I don't. We are talking about like 15 marks... and I think for the most part we are all done with our daily grind and just use the channel to have fun =)

Mind you my new saying is "My daily grind IS STB"
    edited March 2014
    tyriniusss wrote: »
    A STB fleet came to my mind too, but i quickly abandoned that idea. It's really hard to make a fleet work. And let's face it: the perks of being in a fleet don't help STB at all. If anything we'd need some -20% damage consoles :D
    Furthermore I think we want to get people jojn it without much responsibility.
    We want to have fun. Making a Fleet membership mandatory, or making a fleet at all to be "in the core of it" contradicts the very idea of that channel.

On the topic of failed optionals: I think we did a KASE, no probe slipped through. But we failed the optional because it took to long. And nobody really noticed it. 'Cause we just didn't care. I remember trizeo saying something like: "wow, that was nice, that was tough! we made it!"

Agreed with the fleet thing, as I mentioned before I don't like having to use what little time I have in something like building up a fleet. I'm happy with the way it is.... for now:)

Hahahaha... yeah I do actually feel like we are "working" just to complete an STF sometimes which is where the satisfaction feeling comes from for me.
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi, guys. Sorry I have not been around to share the awesomeness! :) Have been spending my evenings helping my son with a writing assignment or otherwise just collapsing.

I'm ok with not starting another fleet, for me anyways, it's too much grinding and responsibility for what I can handle right now.

Some random thoughts and experiences...

Late a couple of nights ago, I got an itching to play with the blue phasers again, so I reclaimed my T1 Connie, loaded the blues onto my Ambassador, and MAN... I forgot how noisy those things were! I'd really like to use them again but I don't think I can take the sound - maybe Cryptic made the sound for them TOO loud. :eek: I guess I'll just stick with the orange phasers, those were canon since the Constitution Refit anyways.

I flew the T1 Connie in Tau Dawa for a while and it does not seem anywhere close to being survivable compared to the T2 Connie Refit, I guess the extra BOff slots and a little more hull really makes a difference.

If you like the Heavy Cruiser (Cheyenne) you might still find the MU Heavy Cruiser Retrofit on the Exchange. I got mine a few weeks back, loaded the Stargazer (Picard style) saucer on it... now I don't dare change it because they took the saucer skin away. It didn't entirely look like the old Stargazer anyways.

I don't know if it's just me or since the last 2 patches, the cruisers have been harder to turn. I have been flying the Gal-R for several weeks but just within the last week it seems to have more inertia or something. The Ambassador and Excelsior have been ok. I bought 1 decent RCS for the Gal-R, hopefully it helps a little.

Cya around!
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
    edited March 2014
    william627 wrote: »
    sounds interesting id like to join in on the fun :) send me an invite pls @william627

Hello,

Invite was sent this morning as well I did touch base with you.

It has been fun and hopefully you can find it as fun as the people in this channel do.

Just DPS down go to RED ALERT and start pew pewn!
    edited March 2014
    sirokk wrote: »
    Hi, guys. Sorry I have not been around to share the awesomeness! :) Have been spending my evenings helping my son with a writing assignment or otherwise just collapsing.

I'm ok with not starting another fleet, for me anyways, it's too much grinding and responsibility for what I can handle right now.

Some random thoughts and experiences...

Late a couple of nights ago, I got an itching to play with the blue phasers again, so I reclaimed my T1 Connie, loaded the blues onto my Ambassador, and MAN... I forgot how noisy those things were! I'd really like to use them again but I don't think I can take the sound - maybe Cryptic made the sound for them TOO loud. :eek: I guess I'll just stick with the orange phasers, those were canon since the Constitution Refit anyways.

I flew the T1 Connie in Tau Dawa for a while and it does not seem anywhere close to being survivable compared to the T2 Connie Refit, I guess the extra BOff slots and a little more hull really makes a difference.

If you like the Heavy Cruiser (Cheyenne) you might still find the MU Heavy Cruiser Retrofit on the Exchange. I got mine a few weeks back, loaded the Stargazer (Picard style) saucer on it... now I don't dare change it because they took the saucer skin away. It didn't entirely look like the old Stargazer anyways.

I don't know if it's just me or since the last 2 patches, the cruisers have been harder to turn. I have been flying the Gal-R for several weeks but just within the last week it seems to have more inertia or something. The Ambassador and Excelsior have been ok. I bought 1 decent RCS for the Gal-R, hopefully it helps a little.

Cya around!

Hey hey,

As I mentioned before... no need to apologize. Real life comes first!

Your ship held well on it's own even when I called for a regroup... quite the impressive ship you got there Captn.

It certainly feels a bit slower even on my Regent/Sovy but it's all good... you know why I fly:D
    edited March 2014
    trizeo1 wrote: »

It certainly feels a bit slower even on my Regent/Sovy but it's all good... you know why I fly:D

I do like the Gal-R, but I'm likely to bring a mix of different ships, mostly cruisers. But like I said before, if there is a need for something different for any particular mission, I am willing to fly anything.

We be cruisin', mon!
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hehhe, the funny thing is, my new canon build is higher DPS than my old 'max DPS' build. Of course, it's not exactly high, but it's enough to get by in an ESTF without people calling you 'mega failz nub'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Captains Log, Stardate 91804.69

Captain Sirokk reporting:

Head Engineer, Commander Shy'lib Eshydi, found some MK I Phaser Beam Arrays on the Exchange, at a discount rate - he emphasized, to lower our damage potential for some fleet simulations.

We discovered that we couldn't shoot anything...the beams kept reflecting off the navigational shields and hitting our hull.

Logically, I suggested that we just dial down the power levels of our existing MK XI Phaser weapons during the simulations, this way we would be better prepared for an emergency situation without having the delay of swapping-out our weapons.

Fortunately, we found a way of cleaning the outer hull without using the Red Shirts to do it in EV suits! That which we could not accomplish even after dialing power levels of the MK XI weapons to minimum power. (...besides, we need to save the Red Shirts for ground missions.)

In the meantime, as a reward for his ingenuity, I have ordered Commander Eshydi to manually clean the outer hull before re-mounting the MK I Phasers so as to monitor the effectiveness and the frequency needed for the MK I Phaser cleaning sweep maintenance. It's estimated that he will be done in about 3 weeks, during which time, he'll be able to directly witness the fleet simulations first hand.

End Log.
    edited March 2014
    sirokk wrote: »
    Captains Log, Stardate 91804.69

Captain Sirokk reporting:

Head Engineer, Commander Shy'lib Eshydi, found some MK I Phaser Beam Arrays on the Exchange, at a discount rate - he emphasized, to lower our damage potential for some fleet simulations.

We discovered that we couldn't shoot anything...the beams kept reflecting off the navigational shields and hitting our hull.

Logically, I suggested that we just dial down the power levels of our existing MK XI Phaser weapons during the simulations, this way we would be better prepared for an emergency situation without having the delay of swapping-out our weapons.

Fortunately, we found a way of cleaning the outer hull without using the Red Shirts to do it in EV suits! That which we could not accomplish even after dialing power levels of the MK XI weapons to minimum power. (...besides, we need to save the Red Shirts for ground missions.)

In the meantime, as a reward for his ingenuity, I have ordered Commander Eshydi to manually clean the outer hull before re-mounting the MK I Phasers so as to monitor the effectiveness and the frequency needed for the MK I Phaser cleaning sweep maintenance. It's estimated that he will be done in about 3 weeks, during which time, he'll be able to directly witness the fleet simulations first hand.

End Log.

Very interesting Captain. I will also have to make a report someday for you to read:)
  • risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey Everyone,

I finally got a server and channel for STB up and running.

If you wish to join it, contact either Trizeo or myself to receive a copy of the information needed to access it (instructions included).

I have two sub-channels on the main channel. One is for my Fleet. And unless you wish to join, it will be off-limits.

The Second (actually first sub-channel you'll see) is STRICTLY for Star Trek Battles. Please direct anyone who wishes to join the STB and Channel to either Trizeo or myself.

A few more Mods may be added in the future.

-risingstar2009

Saving the Galaxy one STF at a time.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • dizz78dizz78 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Looking for an invite to join in on the fun.

@dizz78
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok, I've added a link to here in my sig :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Hey Everyone,

I finally got a server and channel for STB up and running.

If you wish to join it, contact either Trizeo or myself to receive a copy of the information needed to access it (instructions included).

I have two sub-channels on the main channel. One is for my Fleet. And unless you wish to join, it will be off-limits.

The Second (actually first sub-channel you'll see) is STRICTLY for Star Trek Battles. Please direct anyone who wishes to join the STB and Channel to either Trizeo or myself.

A few more Mods may be added in the future.

-risingstar2009

Saving the Galaxy one STF at a time.

Thank you risingstar2009,

Now there are 2 people of have offered up their comms for STB.

I really do appreciate the effort all is putting in to try and make STO/STB fun!
  • jupiter1122jupiter1122 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Looking to join, looks like some fun, actually, level 50 captain with multiple ships, mainly using a beam boat for this sort of thing, an invite would be appreciated. @jupiter1122

Cheers!
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't suppose anyone would be interested in posting some sample builds? I admit I find this entire idea rather intriguing.
  • risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    red01999 wrote: »
    I don't suppose anyone would be interested in posting some sample builds? I admit I find this entire idea rather intriguing.

I have to update this at some point when the Fleet Gal-X is added in to the Planner.

But, here is my build for it, and it's still fairly tanky for what I need.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15332471&postcount=74

Just remember that weapons have to be Faction/Ship (in the case of Lobi/Lock box) specific at some point.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
    edited March 2014
    red01999 wrote: »

Hello and thanks for the interest.

All one would have to do is change out the weapon loadout.

I will take my MVAE for example.

FORE
    3 or 2 Phaser MK X Blues
    2 or 1 Quantum Mk X Blues

AFT
    2 Phaser MK X Blues
    1 Quantum MK X Blues

As for the Shields, Engine, Warp core & Deflector I use the complete Dyson Set or switch to my Borg 2pc and Fleet shields.

Tac consoles I use 3 Phaser MK X Blues and 2 Quantum Zero point chambers.

for the other consoles you can use what ever like I fleet RCS + Hull etc.

I've been able to net anywhere from 3 - 6 DPS which I think is just right.

I can answer anymore questions you may have if you'd like you can contact me in game

@trizeo1

Look forward to speaking to you more about STB!
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nice to see this still going!

I did show some interest ages ago but I never got an invite, I think perhaps I never gave my handle so it was probably a derp on my part.

I'd love to fly some stuff with you guys in the future though, so if you could chuck an invite my way I would appreciate it.

Handle is @coupaholic.

Thanks!
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Invite sent - will be good to have you along :)

Thanks. I was in-game earlier today and I noticed the channel in my options.

My MU Negh'Var has been kitted out and ready to rock :D
    edited March 2014
    coupaholic wrote: »
    Nice to see this still going!

I did show some interest ages ago but I never got an invite, I think perhaps I never gave my handle so it was probably a derp on my part.

I'd love to fly some stuff with you guys in the future though, so if you could chuck an invite my way I would appreciate it.

Handle is @coupaholic.

Thanks!

Hey Coupaholic,

My apologies for not sending the invite, I looked thru the first pages of the thread and saw your interest and it seems I didn't send the invite as I had no handle. That being said I didn't use your forum name either as some have different forum and in game names.
    Invite sent - will be good to have you along :)

Thanks Reyan for doing that, much appreciated!.... now STAY in your NOVA! hahaha! JK. Fly what you want my friend.
    coupaholic wrote: »
    Thanks. I was in-game earlier today and I noticed the channel in my options.

My MU Negh'Var has been kitted out and ready to rock :D

Awesome! I also in the future might be getting a Negh'Var as well as a Vorcha for my Klink.

I have been flying my newly minted lvl 50 Klink in the last free ship I got from in game, I chose the BOP. and I have been having some good fun playing him. The play style of the BOP suites my playstyle and maybe that's why I like to default to my Defiant.

Anyways I look forward to flyn with you... see you in game!
  • urbane23urbane23 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm game! @urban.e23
    edited March 2014
    urbane23 wrote: »
    I'm game! @urban.e23

Hey,

Thanks for the interest.

I will send the invite when I get in game after work.

Look forward to flyn with you Captain!
  • micadog5micadog5 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey, this seems like it'd be quite fun, especially seeing how my DPS is meager at best :rolleyes:

In game handle is @micadog5
  • intrepid74656intrepid74656 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd love to try this out. My handle is @intrepid74656.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Heh - yeah, I do seem a LOT more effective in my Nova than anything else.
    I was using my Vesta due to the Fleet Rhode Island (the Velox) getting pasted in the Elite Mirror event, but a few tweaks to the Velox's consoles have helped with that a little*

Don't think I am too bad in the Vesta, though the Fleet Rhode Island is the ship that those who know me associate with me, and it is VERY rare that I swap out of it.

* Still get pasted on occasion, although now it only tends to be when come under fire from numerous mirror ships whilst trying to close rifts singlehandedly and the rest of the team fly around cluelessly, trying to be heros - and achieving this through the 'heroic' explosion of their ship :rolleyes:

Anyway - I continue to enjoy the channel and especially love that no-one takes it too seriously. I've said this before, but it's no less true: We've all played PuG STF's where one or two people have 'exploded' when the optional failed. I really do love it that, IF the optional fails, everyone is like "meh - carry on". :D

Has it been in a full STB group your runs in your any of your ships or PUGs?

I've been fortunate the last couple of nights to have been running MU with STB members and I've played the role of escort to the Sci ships which I find has helped in closing the portals in a good time frame. We need to run one together so that I'll be able to escort the Velox.

I do hope that you stick around in STB. I know it's rare our team ups as we have different time zones but I hope that the channel is also busy on your time frames. Looking at the numbers it seems we have 75 users. I am starting to see some more of those 75 users become more active but I do know that everyone is busy with their thing and that's TOTALLY ok.

I do hope in the near future we start seeing 10 - 20 team ups which would be EPIC and brings me back to the night where we had 10 or so all take a tour around ESD.

Also throwing this out there to you Reyan as well as others. There was a suggestion regarding throwing ground stuff into the mix. I wouldn't be opposed to that, though I would be using my eng a lot more. I think it would be cool if we paired the borg ground and space back to back to make it feel like a mission you know?... just thowing it out there.

To all that have yet to try out STB, do so and see if this is for you. We have fun with STO and don't take things to seriously. We try to get the ST feel and create team of players who just want to play Star Trek.
  • makarn1makarn1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Count me in! @makarn1

I myself play the game trying to use a "canon" build (my fleet mates do it as well), but make it the more effective pvp-wise as possible! (not always too effective but nevertheless)

but this is interesting!
    Commander Khaiell ei-Helev tr'Khellian - R.R.W. Rhienn (Mogai Class)
    Captain Hans Rainer Steiner - U.S.S. Enforcer (Steamrunner Class)
    Captain Kharn son of Theral - I.K.S. Hurgh'a (Vor'cha Class)
    Join Star Trek Battles!