test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO: Put the "collision" back in "collision detection."

projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
It would be really nice to see ships damaged by impacts with the environment.

It is not as if this feature does not already exist in game (and as I recall the game started out with this active).

Don't get me wrong, bumper-ships is "fun" and all but - isn't it about time people learned how to "stop running into things on accident"?

Discuss.
Post edited by projectfrontier on

Comments

• smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I know this may not be popular, but I have to say yes, it should matter if you fly into things...

Then again an NPC or enemy PVPer shouldn't be able to shoot us through solid objects, and vice versa.

Piloting skills can only get better if we all know that using an asteroid or moon as a brake will bust our boats.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm going to go with no on this one...
    Since the "Torres maneuver" is going head on to the spheres on my warbird, firing singularity, getting in the middle of the spheres, and then getting out of there with singularity jump, collisions would sort of mess it up...
  • logos1326logos1326 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I support this as long as friendly unit collisions don't do damage. Can just imagine people exploiting it for fun. Plus I always seem to have an ally glued to on my backside every time I'm in a fleet.