test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hangar pets inheriting various on-hit weapon effects

mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
Noticed a few odd things in my combat log after an STF earlier, so I did some testing with a fleetmate and learned this: many of the various "on-hit" effects we can add to weapons are being applied to our hangar craft.

Effects Observed being used by Advanced Orion Interceptors and Scorpion Fighters (parent craft: Ar'kif Retrofit): Directed Energy Modulation II, Attack Pattern Beta I, Plasmonic Leech (pets gain the drained power), Crippling Fire. Worse, the DEM2 and APB1 effects are permanent until the pet is despawned by death or zone out.

I would like to assume this not WAI.

Edit:
Additionally, after some more testing: Hangar pets are gaining active roster DOff powers from parent craft. Those I was personally able to test where Advanced Delta Shuttles and Advanced Danube Runabouts are able to use the effects of Warp Theorists and Tractor Beam Officers, respectively. I figure it is likely that other hangar pets are gaining doff effects. I do believe it was asked once before if hangar pets were supposed to be able to use them and a Dev responded with "no"; I will do some searching and attempt to locate said post.

Edit2:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13761701&postcount=17

"In general, permanent pets should be Independent - it shouldn't matter what buffs the Captain has when they launch fighters, and it shouldn't matter what equipment the Captain has equipped when the fighters use their powers. -adjudicatorhawk"

Again assuming DOff active roster powers work like gear effects (with the Flight-Deck Officers being the exception). Would appreciated further Dev explanation or response.

Ticket IDs #2,359,899 (on-hit weapon effects), #2,361,417 (active roster DOff powers).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mreeves7a wrote: »
    Noticed a few odd things in my combat log after an STF earlier, so I did some testing with a fleetmate and learned this: many of the various "on-hit" effects we can add to weapons are being applied to our hangar craft.

Effects Observed being used by Advanced Orion Interceptors and Scorpion Fighters (parent craft: Ar'kif Retrofit): Directed Energy Modulation II, Attack Pattern Beta I, Plasmonic Leech (pets gain the drained power), Crippling Fire. Worse, the DEM2 and APB1 effects are permanent until the pet is despawned by death or zone out.

I would like to assume this not WAI.

Ticket ID #2,359,899.

Please don't ruin a good thing.;)
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A funny one, depending on how you look at it, is not a weapon effect but a trait...the AP shots from a Bio-neural Warhead can trigger Intimidating Strikes on things it shoots at...yep, a torp trait being triggered by a torp firing an energy weapon.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Did notice my scorpions were proccing the Omega T4 shield-bypassing thing.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They also grab plasmonic leech and the valdore console's shield heal. This has been happening since the advanced Obelisk was introduced.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Uh oh, cats out of the bag, put it back in, quick.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited March 2014
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    They also grab plasmonic leech and the valdore console's shield heal. This has been happening since the advanced Obelisk was introduced.

I had thought they noticed and fixed it. Did they not fix it or was this more of a typical fixed and broken again thing?
    edited March 2014
    I had thought they noticed and fixed it. Did they not fix it or was this more of a typical fixed and broken again thing?

fixed then broken... Kinda like shield repair units (but that's a completely different topic)

Right now a drone ship can get a huge energy boost, self heals, rep procs, apb and DEM (if the owner ship uses it),..etc... and FAW to spread it around. It kinda makes the advanced obelisk's bonus moot.
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Updated OP with results of further testing showing hangars pets gaining DOff active roster powers as well.
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Also caught my jem hadar fighters with polarons applying plasma procs from my equipped embassy consoles.
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Further updated OP with results of some forum searching; not the post I was seeking, but relays a similar mechanic.
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    But you know, someday, it might be nice to have doffs that directly effect carrier pets by adding/swapping/buffing their individual capabilities/abilities/weapons. [/hobbitvoice]
    edited March 2014
    mreeves7a wrote: »

Edit2:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13761701&postcount=17

"In general, permanent pets should be Independent - it shouldn't matter what buffs the Captain has when they launch fighters, and it shouldn't matter what equipment the Captain has equipped when the fighters use their powers. -adjudicatorhawk"

Again assuming DOff active roster powers work like gear effects (with the Flight-Deck Officers being the exception). Would appreciated further Dev explanation or response.

Ticket IDs #2,359,899 (on-hit weapon effects), #2,361,417 (active roster DOff powers).

So what about swarmers and the BO doff? I'm guessing it will work. I could see that being OP since they also stack APB and DEM.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've been using commander level dispersal patterns with tractor beam mines and a shield drain doff... its fun.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Doffs have always affected your pets, though. That's sort of their point, otherwise they'd be entirely worthless to many classes. Like doffs which affect your mines: You might not have any mines, but your boffs do.

The inheriting of buffs, on the other hand, is broken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Doffs have always affected your pets, though. That's sort of their point, otherwise they'd be entirely worthless to many classes. Like doffs which affect your mines: You might not have any mines, but your boffs do.

The inheriting of buffs, on the other hand, is broken.

They should only affect them, if they are meant to affect them - not necessarily affect what they themselves do. This goes beyond the FDOs to things like targetable weapons - since those are treated as pets. PWO should affect the Bio-neural, Entertainer shouldn't affect the BN's AP shots...sort of thing.
  • mamif3mamif3 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Seems like more of a feature than a bug to me.
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mamif3 wrote: »
    Seems like more of a feature than a bug to me.

And behold, it is good. Leave a good thing be.;)
  • dhalldevdhalldev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yep, what the OP describes is definitely not intended. We've confirmed it internally and bugged it.

OP: thank you for the heads up, and all the details in your post. Very helpful.
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dhalldev wrote: »
    Yep, what the OP describes is definitely not intended. We've confirmed it internally and bugged it.

OP: thank you for the heads up, and all the details in your post. Very helpful.

I'm glad to hear the issue is under investigation. Thanks for looking into it.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Way to go big mouth! No one likes a tattletale!

/smacks with a wet noodle :P