test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Horizon

mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Ten Forward
Wow.... watched event horizon at 2 am thinking it was some cheesy remake of voyager or something.... holy....TRIBBLE. I didnt sleep a single hour after that. Anyone else watch it?
[SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
stoutes wrote: »
Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
Post edited by mynameisnom on

Comments

• saihung423saihung423 Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I absolutely love that movie. Have watched it so many times over the years.

Glad you got a chance to see it:)
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Keep in mind if you are a Rommy to keep out of your engineering section after watching that film...

...Yup, your ships are powered by nightmare engines :p
  • mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Gah, what time have you watched it? Have you tried with speakers behind, to the sides and front of you, early in morning when its dark and chilly... god the ending freaked me out so much
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
    edited March 2014
    burstorion wrote: »
    Keep in mind if you are a Rommy to keep out of your engineering section after watching that film...

...Yup, your ships are powered by nightmare engines :p

LOL. It all makes sense now why romulans are green.. ; D
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    Haven't seen it in years. But I saw it when it came out, and it was the scariest/creepiest movie I'd seen up til then. (High School)
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I watched it in the theaters when it came out.

I had disturbing dreams/nighmares for almost a week afterward.

And that's why I have super respect for that flick.
    edited March 2014
    Are all romulan ships eventually going to be posessed...? Was EH the prototype to romulan warbirds..? O.o
  • whatinblueblazeswhatinblueblazes Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, it's an underrated gem of science-fictiony horror films. Apparently, the current version of the film is considerably toned down from the original cut. :eek:
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Haven't watched that in a while...

Definitely a good movie, and freaky too.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow.... watched event horizon at 2 am thinking it was some cheesy remake of voyager or something.... holy....TRIBBLE. I didnt sleep a single hour after that. Anyone else watch it?

definitely up there with alien, i never thought Lawrence Fishburne ever got in on really good things until i saw this film yonks ago.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited March 2014
    Well, while alien might have been a little more suspenseful, EH had a juicier, more mysterious plot. Aliens was just like CRAAAAP RUUUU-argh...
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Event Horizon or better known as "the real Doom movie"^^ :D

That was a great one. I still thing Sam Neil is one of the most under appreciated actors alive.
  • corethlcorethl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is a very good reason why a fair amount of people consider Event Horizon a spiritual prequel to "Warhammer 40K"...!
  • noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would give my Eyes to see a directors cut of Event Horizon....
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    noctusxxx wrote: »
    I would give my Eyes to see a directors cut of Event Horizon....

Eyes? Where we're going, we won't need eyes... /docbrown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    corethl wrote: »
    There is a very good reason why a fair amount of people consider Event Horizon a spiritual prequel to "Warhammer 40K"...!

Being an avid 40Ker, THAT'S why I had my prroblems. :P
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Weird ... I was just thinking about Event Horizon the other day ...

I haven't actually seen it, but I've heard it's terrifying. I don't really do well with horror movies, so it'll probably be a while before I go see it (if I ever do).
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited March 2014
    Weird ... I was just thinking about Event Horizon the other day ...

I haven't actually seen it, but I've heard it's terrifying. I don't really do well with horror movies, so it'll probably be a while before I go see it (if I ever do).

dont be put off by these editors comments on the films or the ratings, its a good film, lots of gore on a spaceship and a good horror aspect. reminds me somewhat of system shock 2. of course its always best to watch this type of film in the dark in the middle of the morning after eating a lot of sugary and salty snacks, make you paranoid and jumpy, plenty of nightmares and pretend fear of being killed while sleeping.

best moment of the day when that happens, ironically makes you feel alive in a way :D.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    *Scribbles this one down on "Films to See" list.*
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Im not a big fan of horror films, but its very good.
    edited March 2014
    i dont like the horror aspect at all, too cheesy most of the time in these films, it's either too timid or over the top. like alien and event horizon, its acceptable enough where its watchable, once long ago i watched some silly film about Frankenstein and his bride and most of it was utter TRIBBLE, like taking a womans head off her body and stitching it to another womans body and see her come back to life for example or it's over the top like these silly chainsaw films. so at least there is that. event horizon hasnt gone over the top when it was made.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Haven't seen it in years. But I saw it when it came out, and it was the scariest/creepiest movie I'd seen up til then. (High School)

Now I feel old. :eek::D;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    GREAT movie. Watched it again just a week or two ago. I really wish sci-fi horror was a more popular genre.

Best part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds2JB0zJ6ks
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    variant37 wrote: »
    GREAT movie. Watched it again just a week or two ago. I really wish sci-fi horror was a more popular genre.

Best part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds2JB0zJ6ks

Actually Event Horizon is the ONLY Sci-Fi horror movie that ever worked for me from the "Horror movie" side.
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Actually Event Horizon is the ONLY Sci-Fi horror movie that ever worked for me from the "Horror movie" side.

What about Alien or The Thing?
  • maelstromvortexmaelstromvortex Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Absolutely love this movie.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I will admit to never having seen it, but I wanted to. After all, it was the only trailer that interested me on the entirety of the Star Trek: First Contact VHS. (Yes, I remember VHS, I'm that old)
    edited March 2014
    icegavel wrote: »
    I will admit to never having seen it, but I wanted to. After all, it was the only trailer that interested me on the entirety of the Star Trek: First Contact VHS. (Yes, I remember VHS, I'm that old)

remember those well. still have a vhs player somewhere in the back and maybe a few vhs videos. quality still isnt bad considering all this HD stuff.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    icegavel wrote: »

Oh please, you don't need to be ancient to remember the '90s. Generation Y isn't even middle aged yet.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ah yes, lets warp ourselves to hell and back to get to a nearby solar system.. No thanks, packing up a generational ship and running....