test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starship Electro-Plasma Systems and EPtX and You

sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Academy
As we all know, Starship Electro-Plasma Systems affects the Power Transfer Rate and EPtX abilities. I found methods for determining how Power Transfer Rate is calculated, and aside from a mention on the Skill Point Effects chart (found here: http://home.comcast.net/~amicus/Skill%20Point%20Effects.htm), I could not find any detail on it.

I am not knocking the Skill Point Effects chart, it is a very handy reference which I use quite often, but I found that in dealing with EPtX it was too vague. He rounded to whole numbers, some up and some down. Now that is not a bad thing for a quick reference, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I decided that I wanted more details

I went to Tribble with a toon that had a bunch of Respec tokens (Skills and Traits) and went through every skill point and every piece of equipment that provided a bonus to Starship Electro-Plasma Systems. I took a lot of notes of how much EPtX 1-3 changed with every skill point invested and the various equipment combinations.

Equipment and Traits used and bonus to Starship Electro-Plasma Systems:
Fleet Axion Deflector: +8.8
Warp Theorist trait: +10
2pc Romulan Singularity Harness set: +15.2
Voth Proton Particle Stabilizer console: +17.3
Fleet Reinforced Warp Core (w/ [EPS]): +17.5
2pc Breen Absolute Zero set: +32.5

The values listed for the equipment and the Warp Theorist trait are added to your base skill level, if applicable.

The Formula: (1 + (Skill Level / 200)) * EPtX = Actual Power Granted

Note: The value for EPtX depends on the ability level (EPtX1=15, EPtX2=20, and EPtX3=25)

Disclaimer: The above formula is NOT 100% accurate. While I found that rounding the Actual Power Granted to the nearest tenth decimal point to be more accurate, there was still a +/-0.1 difference between what was shown ingame and the results from the formula in some cases.

If someone were to go nuts and equip all the equipment listed and possess the Warp Theorist trait, they could boost their Starship Electro-Plasma System skill to 200 and thereby increasing EPtX1 to 30, EPtX2 to 40, and EPtX3 to 50.

I hope some find this useful. Comments and questions welcomed.
"I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
Post edited by sohtoh on

Comments

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's a good formula to know, thanks for the effort/info Sohtoh!

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • asraschaalasraschaal Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Good info. Formula seems to be on point
  • frenktheskillerfrenktheskiller Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I belive you forgot the

- Adapted Honor Guard (Space) [Deflector]
    or the
    - Marco set [Deflector]
    with
    + 8.8 Starship Electro-Plasma System
    and the 2set bonus
    +5% Power Recharge Speed (Magnetoplasma Relays)

Frenk
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Unfortunately, although the information is vague, he's probably using the best information that he has. The in-game displays round, and so far as I know can't be forced to show anything other than integers. These are also pretty much the only way we have of evaluating just what the power levels actually are.

That said, thanks for doing some number crunching on this!
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I belive you forgot the

- Adapted Honor Guard (Space) [Deflector]
    or the
    - Marco set [Deflector]
    with
    + 8.8 Starship Electro-Plasma System
    and the 2set bonus
    +5% Power Recharge Speed (Magnetoplasma Relays)

Frenk

Not really. The Adapted Honor Guard Deflector and the M.A.C.O. Deflector provide the same +8.8 to Starship Electro-Plasma System as the Fleet Axion Delfector does and the set bonus doesn't affect it at all. The results would have been the same from using any of those three deflectors.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • fcsp1910fcsp1910 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nice one sothoh...cheers :)