test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What can you do with a Connie?

kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Federation Discussion
Hello STO, I was wondering, what can you guys do with a Connie? I have mine set up nicely, and I need to update some parts. Ill parse it someday, but it feels amazing to fly around an NOT WHINE about "I wanna t5 Connie!" There is a 4000 dps build out there, ill put it on sto academy tomorrow sometime. I had the Breen set with nanite disruptor turrets but need to change to borg. and just tt1, et1/eptX and hazard emmiters, an I fly around and support. I am also opening this up to mirandas, oberths and NX classes. SHOW THAT WE DONT NEED A T5 CONNIE!! And if you are going to come here and B?!:& and whine about handicapping a team, TRIBBLE off and don't bother.
Post edited by kamakaze101 on

Comments

• stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    it feels amazing to fly around an NOT WHINE about "I wanna t5 Connie!"
    Whew! FINALLY, someone in the last 9 months who comes around and doesn't ask for a T5 Connie!

*Faith in forum users restored*
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My DPS connie can do about 4000 DPS in ISE, usually without dying (much, since any incoming damage is usually fatal), and its also very very fast >_>

Cruiser commands dont scale with the tier of ship, so on that little bugger they make it do some insane things, like having 20 resistance to everything without needing a piece of armor (use RCS +allres) and so on.

>=]

Real players fly the TOS connie into battle with the borg.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • sevmragesevmrage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So it's best set up with a turret build?
    Weyland-Yutani Joint Space Venture - Always open to new members!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My name is Rage, and I too support a revised Galaxy family.
    khayuung wrote: »
    Firstly, be proud! You're part of the few, the stubborn, the Federation Dreadnought Captains.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Cruiser commands dont scale with the tier of ship, so on that little bugger they make it do some insane things, like having 20 resistance to everything without needing a piece of armor (use RCS +allres) and so on.
    But what good is having 20 resistance to everything if you still instantly die if hit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dabaddabadabaddaba Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Whatever dps you guys can manage with the Connie please don't bring her to a hive elite. Saw it happen and it wasn't much fun.
  • kesselrunner#0768 kesselrunner Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    You can take up a ship slot with one, that's about it. With limited weapons, consoles, and Boff loadouts, they're not very much fun to play. Nor should they be.

Hey, some people enjoy a bigger challenge. I say good on them if they can make it work even a little bit. The tier one and two ships are some of the more iconic ones in the game, I can see why someone would want to at least try to make them work.
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    4000 DPS in a Connie is quite impressive, Kirk probably couldn't do any better. You'd actually be out-DPSing most PUG players at that level. I had the dubious honor of being in an ISE PUG just a few days ago with a Scimitar that was pumping out a whopping 3k DPS. :picardfacepalm:
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    variant37 wrote: »
    4000 DPS in a Connie is quite impressive, Kirk probably couldn't do any better. You'd actually be out-DPSing most PUG players at that level. I had the dubious honor of being in an ISE PUG just a few days ago with a Scimitar that was pumping out a whopping 3k DPS. :picardfacepalm:

Please. We all know that Kirk founded the 30k DPS channel. With a Connie! :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I sometimes fly the Tier II Connie in Tau Dawa... with Rep gear, of course. :)

Since it flies pretty fast, I outfit with 2x dual beam banks, the rear is torp and a turret. (2x turrets would be best, I think.) I might die once or twice, but that's it.

I tried with the C-Store Connie but it didn't cut it, the last time I tried.

This is more fun than face-rolling content with my Excelsior.

EDIT: Standard all-beam broadsiding should give the best damage. I just like playing around with different configs, like all cannons and turrets on T5 cruisers.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited March 2014

That.... takes some genuine skill.

That player had to work to be that bad, honestly.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That.... takes some genuine skill.

That player had to work to be that bad, honestly.

I think he spent most of the match getting blown up and sitting in the respawn queue. I was too busy trying to save the optional to pay much attention to my idiot teammates.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2014
    The only thing you need is one compentnt cruiser that knows how to tank and you could bring in 4 other T2 ships. they will almost never take a single hit

I ran my T2 every day for over a month only got poped a few times by the Tac cube at infected and was parsed at 2700 dps on the origional parser................not this new parser that gives you double the dps

We fondly call it the feel good parser in our fleet

And like some of you i was putting out more dps than 1 or 2 T5 ships in our matches
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Tier 2 ESTF runs later tonight! So everyone bring your Connies, Mirandas and Oberths!

OOOOOOO to tha !%!%% Berths yo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This should be a friday night thing...
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I used to take my tier 3 Akira and K'tinga into elites all the time. I haven't tried the connie yet though because I couldn't even get it through a patrol mission. That was on a tac though so maybe I could give it an engie try.

I bet torp boats are great, you can usually count on others to get shields down at least.
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ...I had the dubious honor of being in an ISE PUG just a few days ago with a Scimitar that was pumping out a whopping 3k DPS. :picardfacepalm:

... O.O??????

Um... I'm with Rylan on this one. That takes... that takes quite a LOT of skill... I didn't even think that was possible without either spending the whole match cloaked or not firing... Just... wow...

And what can I do with a Connie? I can get hauled away as garbage. :D
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ... O.O??????

Um... I'm with Rylan on this one. That takes... that takes quite a LOT of skill... I didn't even think that was possible without either spending the whole match cloaked or not firing... Just... wow...

Believe it dude it's most definitely possible! :O

There was one guy in my fleet who did sub 500 dps in a scimitar in ise. All weapons blazing and not a single moment spent in cloak. Thankfully, that chump hasn't been on in several weeks.
    I need a beer.

• captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    it could be fun to try an stf with an conni with borg rep set, 2 piece secodary rep borg spacial warfare the console and the the cutting beam and the anti proton wide angle beam and the rom torpedo.

also it could e fun to try it could be fun to try an stf with an conni with borg rep set, 3 piece secodary rep borg spacial warfare the console and the the cutting beam adn the omega torpedo and 2 piece rom rep with the converter console and the rom hyper torpedo
  • kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I pulled the Connie out yesterday, and just flying it around was a blast. I use it as a support ship, loaded with turrets and the Borg 3 set, assimilated module, disrupor induction coils, neutronium, Sheild thingie for the sci slot. I was using it Borg themed and had nanite disruptor turrets on it. Nice warp core, and eptS tt1 and hazard emitters. The ePTS is for when it gets hit, rarely if ever, and the other 2 for other players, plus my innate engi abilities, like the eps thingie and such. It's amazing to fly by and watch them wonder were the hazard emitters came from.
  • spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are there any threads out there with build info for the Connie, T2 Cruiser, or T2 Cruiser Refit?

Been having fun in Sphere Space running around in my Cruiser Refit - Tac Captain.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
    edited March 2014
    :cool:ill make a build later today for you I you like. And not to my knowledge are there any threads. And Do you want a torp, and can you post your skill tree?
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My write up on my character Captain Tiberius James:

The year is 2287, Starfleet launches the last of it's refit Constitution class starships. Aboard is Captain Tiberius James and crew. They begin to experience cosmic forces beyond their comprehension. In a freak mishap, life-support systems were frozen by temperatures beyond imagination. USS Constellation was blown out of it's intended trajectory and into an orbit one thousand times more vast, an orbit that returns the Constellation to Starfleet in the year 2409. With a multi sided conflict spreading Starfleet thin Captain Tiberius and crew were put to use and their ship refitted with modern technology. Their mission: To bold go where no one has gone before.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    :cool:ill make a build later today for you I you like. And not to my knowledge are there any threads. And Do you want a torp, and can you post your skill tree?

Been running with MK XII purple photon torps fore and aft, MK XII purple phaser banks fore, and MK XI purple phaser turret aft. Have the Aegis set, MK XI purple overcharged warp core, phaser relay, shield capacitor, shield emitter, neutronium, and emergency force fields.

Boff Powers - HYT1, ET1, EPTS2, EPTS1, RSP1, HE1.

Sorry, a little rusty with all the equipment names. I'd like to stick to the canon weapons but was wondering if there are other things I can do to bump up firepower, survivability, or science-type powers.

Looking for a fun build that can survive pve and if possible deal some respectable damage. This one is pretty good seemingly. I swapped in the turret in place of the aft array for overall coverage and better forward fire.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nearly a year ago I got called in to a PVP match for fun with some folks randomly selecting people. I was in my connie at the time outfitted in borg, etc... and I actually managed to kill one or two people. It's a great ship and I would be up for Friday night get together's for PVP matches or even STF's with like minded folks interested in giving these T1 and T2 ships their just desserts. ;)
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
    edited March 2014
    K, ill make a set with the agies and one with slightly better gear, and one that's cannon, and one for pure firepower etc.