test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Flanking

aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Just wondering when flanking will makes its way to Romulan Bops.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
Post edited by aldo1raine on

Comments

• twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sarcasm does not travel well on the internet. Might want to keep that in mind.
  • therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I thought it was quite fitting ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    twam wrote: »
    Sarcasm does not travel well on the internet. Might want to keep that in mind.

I'm quite serious, I won't play until Romulan Bop gets flanking!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited March 2014
    aldo1raine wrote: »

Right after starfleet BOPs get flanking! I demand Starfleet equality!

Defiant doesnt even get battlecloak! Equality now!
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Right after starfleet BOPs get flanking! I demand Starfleet equality!

Defiant doesnt even get battlecloak! Equality now!

Defiant is = to a raptor not a bop. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Romulans already have Flanking built into their spacebars...much better than the +8.3% the KDF are getting while actually having to be behind a target. The Romulan in front of you might as well be behind you...and probably is already...look!
  • magniacapramagniacapra Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Idea: Singularity flank = +75% bonus to crit chance when flanking a target from any direction.
  • l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I still don't get how attacking from the rear is flanking. Flanking is an attack from the sides. Attacking from the rear is a rear action !
    Looks like Klinks dont do rear action :D
  • aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Defiant is = to a raptor not a bop. :)

You are right, we need FED Bops!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I REALLY hope this is a joke, because no one can be THIS out of the loop.
    edited March 2014

Indeed TRIBBLE the treaties. Its time for some phasing cloak with flanking lances. Get it done Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited March 2014

And UNIVERSAL seating in my T'varo and D'deridex so they are not gimped unlike other battle cloak Klingon BOP warbirds.

I want to sit Com TAC, Lt.Com TAC, Lt.Com TAC in my D'deridex!

If the Fleet Norgh gets to do that, why not the vastly gimped D'deridex, which doesn't turn fast enough to take advantage of that kind of seating?

Not the Scimitar, though. That shouldn't have universal seats since it's not a real BOP. More like OP, am i right?!
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • bobtheyakbobtheyak Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    These changes to the KDF BoPs are supposed to bring them up to par with Roms but I wouldn't be surprised if the Roms bitched and moaned so much that Cryptic had no choice but to give the upgrade to every raider :rolleyes:
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    seriously, is

- flanking bops with ~8% more damage
    - 10% hitpoints
    - 10% ambush damage only for 5 seconds

on par with romulan

- battle cloak every 12 seconds
    - boff boosted ambush damage
    - base crit at least 15%, normaly over 20% with the right universals and tac consoles
    - at least 15 second long ambush duration
    - a lot more then 10% more hull, infant higher then average hitpoints on all warbirds
    - sing jump post deacloak attack

no, not even remotely lol
    edited March 2014
    seriously, is

- flanking bops with ~8% more damage
    - 10% hitpoints
    - 10% ambush damage only for 5 seconds

on par with romulan

- battle cloak every 12 seconds
    - boff boosted ambush damage
    - base crit at least 15%, normaly over 20% with the right universals and tac consoles
    - at least 15 second long ambush duration
    - a lot more then 10% more hull, infant higher then average hitpoints on all warbirds
    - sing jump post deacloak attack

no, not even remotely lol

Exactly! Nerf BoPs, Buff Scimitars!
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited March 2014
    If you think about it all romulans should come with an innate backstab bonus.
    edited March 2014
    dudes, stop flanking.

I wanna flank Dstahl!!

On another note, when will we reach 75% Base CritH? Im eager to get it. Perhaps with the new "PvP rep' plz?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    therealmt wrote: »
    dudes, stop flanking.

I wanna flank Dstahl!!

On another note, when will we reach 75% Base CritH? Im eager to get it. Perhaps with the new "PvP rep' plz?

New Romulan Doffs could fix things for us.

Energy Weapons officer - 75% chance for all weapon fire to gain +70% CrtH for duration of Cannon Rapid fire.

Cook - Gain +100% Critical Hit for 30s when activating Plasma Shockwave

Entertainer - Gain +100% Critical Hit for 30s when activating Singularity Overload

Diplomat (aggressive negotiator) - When activating Quantum Absorbtion enter Jedi Frenzy - Gain +100% CritH and +200% CritD +50 power to all subsystems for 30s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Damn i j*rk on the thought of doffing on my ipad soon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    I REALLY hope this is a joke, because no one can be THIS out of the loop.

Would it really surprise you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    New Romulan Doffs could fix things for us.

Energy Weapons officer - 75% chance for all weapon fire to gain +70% CrtH for duration of Cannon Rapid fire.

Cook - Gain +100% Critical Hit for 30s when activating Plasma Shockwave

Entertainer - Gain +100% Critical Hit for 30s when activating Singularity Overload

Diplomat (aggressive negotiator) - When activating Quantum Absorbtion enter Jedi Frenzy - Gain +100% CritH and +200% CritD +50 power to all subsystems for 30s.

What about Refugees, Prisoners, and Colonists? They need love too!
    edited March 2014
    What about Refugees, Prisoners, and Colonists? They need love too!

Very true.

Refuge - imbues boarding party shuttles with weapon fire immunity.

Prisoners - Loads Prisoners onto boarding party shuttles. If the shuttles hit a target they instantly transport the targets captain to rura penthe. Where they must sucker punch a large alien in the junk which will be randomly located in random locations on said alien. Once the genderbendershapeshifter boss is kissed or 20 minutes passes which ever comes first the captains crew will beam then back.

Colonists - Enhance Aceton beam with Genesis energy. (All crew is reverse aged) UI lag is increased 200% as your crew can not reach the controls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    l30p4rd wrote: »
    I still don't get how attacking from the rear is flanking. Flanking is an attack from the sides. Attacking from the rear is a rear action !
    Looks like Klinks dont do rear action :D
    Prisoners - Loads Prisoners onto boarding party shuttles. If the shuttles hit a target they instantly transport the targets captain to rura penthe. Where they must sucker punch a large alien in the junk which will be randomly located in random locations on said alien. Once the genderbendershapeshifter boss is kissed or 20 minutes passes which ever comes first the captains crew will beam then back.

Colonists - Enhance Aceton beam with Genesis energy. (All crew is reverse aged) UI lag is increased 200% as your crew can not reach the controls.

LOL! These two comments made my night.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • wolverine595959wolverine595959 Member Posts: 726
    edited March 2014
    Very true.

Refuge - imbues boarding party shuttles with weapon fire immunity.

With what you propose I would be less likely to BOL a BP shuttle. I would not mind being beamed to Rura Pente, of course knowing our luck it will be filled with alien versions of the devs.
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Romulans already have Flanking built into their spacebars...much better than the +8.3% the KDF are getting while actually having to be behind a target. The Romulan in front of you might as well be behind you...and probably is already...look!

I'm going to step into this thread just to handle this one nugget.

Comparing Warbirds vs. BoPs is not going to be an easy comparison - there is no direct 1 to 1.

However, BoPs will have the highest possible Decloak Ambush + Flanking bonus in the game.

Aside from the 8.3%, BoPs can also take advantage of Embassy BOFFs that will push the Ambush up to +30% (flat) vs. Warbird cap at +25% (again, flat).

So on top of that, will also be a flanking bonus and:

> All Tier 2 and above Klingon Raiders will receive a 10% boost to their base hull hit points.
    > This should help off-set the risk of using cloak to ambush your enemies. (Just take a moment to LOL at this one.) - Ulti
    > Raider Flanking: Attacking enemies from their rear arc will grant the attacker a 25% bonus damage boost.
    > This bonus is significantly reduced (+25% down to +8.3%) when attacking a player's rear arc.)
    > Improved Ambush Damage: The bonus damage awarded from existing cloak has been increased on any Klingon Raider that also has Raider Flanking.
    > Raiders receive an additional +10% bonus damage while flanking.

The last two notes in red are a bit concerning, this means that a Raider Flanking Ambush could be around 40% Flat, 48.3% flat if flanking is a flat boost.

If Flanking & the added +10% boost are not flat, it would be +30% +2/3rds of a MK XII Tac console, which is at least a bit more reasonable.

So while they might have less Tac consoles and 1 less rear weapon, no one doing decloak alphas is inflating their e-peen by posting turret crits.

It's all about the DBB, Torps, and Itemized P2W clicky powers.

My opinion is that they don't need both Ambush Boost AND Flanking bonus AND Embassy BOFF Bonus.

Some things need to be shaved down there, and then shave Romulans down to be beneath that if the goal is to allow BoPs a higher reward for this playstyle.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Romulan flanking should be restricted to engagements with Epohhs...that's what the 'E' PvE stands for right?:P
    edited March 2014
    Work through the math on the +23.8% Flankbush vs. the +7.5% CrtH/+18.8% CrtD the Rom would have...not requiring any Flanking maneuver. Yes, the Flankbush will still do up to what...1200-1300 more damage...but it will have that 7.5% less chance to do it while also requiring a Flanking attack.

edit: That 1200-1300 damage is before resists/reductions...mind you.
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Work through the math on the +23.8% Flankbush vs. the +7.5% CrtH/+18.8% CrtD the Rom would have...not requiring any Flanking maneuver. Yes, the Flankbush will still do up to what...1200-1300 more damage...but it will have that 7.5% less chance to do it while also requiring a Flanking attack.

edit: That 1200-1300 damage is before resists/reductions...mind you.

Flankbush, lol.

Sorry, what is 23.8%?

KDF/Fed Ambush with Embassy BOFFs is +30% flat.

You'd add the +18.3% (+10 & +8.3) on top of that for Flanking as a Raider vs. a Player, the only question is if some or all of that is flat damage boost (or a final multiplier, whatever we want to call it).

So that's either

A) +48.3% flat

or

B) +30% flat & +18.3% (Tac console-like boost)

If it's A, that's problematic. That's basically APA without the crit bonus or nearly double RomBush.
    edited March 2014
    Flankbush, lol.

Sorry, what is 23.8%?

KDF/Fed Ambush with Embassy BOFFs is +30% flat.

You'd add the +18.3% (+10 & +8.3) on top of that for Flanking as a Raider vs. a Player, the only question is if some or all of that is flat damage boost (or a final multiplier, whatever we want to call it).

So that's either

A) +48.3% flat

or

B) +30% flat & +18.3% (Tac console-like boost)

If it's A, that's problematic. That's basically APA without the crit bonus or nearly double RomBush.

48.3% - 25% = 23.3%...not sure why I had .8% instead of .3%. Probably from editing that from an eyebleed post down to what I posted instead - where I had numbers swimming all over the place.

Also, I wanted to ask - I never bothered with my Embassy - but Roms can't take the Embassy BOFFs? Cause then they could match the +30% from the +15%, while still having an additional +5.5% CrtH and 13.8% CrtD vs. the +18.3% Flanking (which again would require the Flanking while the Rombush doesn't care).

BoPs are still 4 BOFFs vs. 5 BOFFs and 6 Weapons vs. 7 Weapons. That extra weapon doesn't have to be a turret. The Experimental Proton weapon can be placed aft - run the console and the Grav torp fore; you've got the 3pc bonus going now for the +10% CrtH on the Grav torp and +10% CrtD overall....basically using that 7th weapon as an 11th console.

edit: Course, in PvE where it's the larger boost and mobs grab their ankles for us...it's a bit of fun alright.