test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vendor Limit = Stupidity!!

saegiosaegio Member Posts: 19 Arc User
guys, sorry for this but I feel the need to post this finally (if similiar posted before I did not see it).

The vendor limit is set to 100 items at a time. So now please tell me the reason for this, considering we need 80k communication arrays for a starbase upgrade, right now!!!

This is no fun buying 100 at a time and totally the reason for my bad mood right now xD

Please fix this asap, cause I would have just bought the 80k arrays in one go!!
[SIGPIC]2e0slyf.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by saegio on

Comments

• redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What about when you need 200 Doffs for a project.
    1. You go to your starbase doff vendor.
    2. Select the listing for the common doff you need.
    3. Click on the doff
    4. Confirm you want to buy the Doff.
    5. Do this 200 times
    6. open your inventory
    7. click on the boxes with the doffs in them. Do this 200 times
    8. open your starbase project and click on contribute.
    9. now you have to click a check box on each doff individualy. Do this 200 times.
    FUN TIMES!!!!

Cryptic really needs a "Select All" feature. Or just a slider bar to set the abount of Doffs, items you want to buy or contribute.
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    3. Click on the doff
    5. Do this 200 times
    6. open your inventory
    9. now you have to click a check box on each doff individualy. Do this 200 times.
    FUN TIMES!!!!

Cryptic really needs a "Select All" feature. Or just a slider bar to set the abount of Doffs, items you want to buy or contribute.

To be fair, you can skip step 4 if you hold CTRL and double-click the DOFF in step 3 but the rest is suckage on a grand scale, as your post suggests.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2014
    Dont forget the mk=7 torpedos that dont stack at all

Thumbs up for this topic really needs to be looked at
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • saegiosaegio Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    3. Click on the doff
    5. Do this 200 times
    6. open your inventory
    FUN TIMES!!!!

yea, thanks for adding this to my OP
    major pain!
    [SIGPIC]2e0slyf.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • margus3margus3 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    These limits are ridicilus i maybe bought 100k doffs for projects even more anything else yes doff boxes are holding down control you do like 400+ clicks to get 400 doffs fist buy 400 clicks then open boxes 400 clicks then contribute 400 cliks for what it is.

Even im happy commodities bigger limit like 1k and up so you drag as mutch are you like if you have enought ec or inventory space or even fc.
  • tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Agreed .......
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A select all button would be nice...... :(
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This ranks somewhere near the top of the UI problems list with STO.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    To be fair, you can skip step 4 if you hold CTRL and double-click the DOFF in step 3 but the rest is suckage on a grand scale, as your post suggests.

You do know that doesn't really save you anything other than not seeing the confirmation message. You still have to click twice to get past Step 4. Positioning the panels so the OK buttons line up was the quickest way I found to get through it.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sohtoh wrote: »
    You do know that doesn't really save you anything other than not seeing the confirmation message. You still have to click twice to get past Step 4. Positioning the panels so the OK buttons line up was the quickest way I found to get through it.

It's silly, but this is what I do too. :rolleyes:
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well I think that shows more of a problem with just how crazy the cost requirements are for making a fleet more so than it does the ui issues.

However, I do agree with you about the vendor problems, the bloke who talked about buying officers is a problem for me. I try to buy some to post to my fleet occasionally and it is a pain.