test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Promotion Issues?

damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Academy
Just hit Level 10 with a Klink character and I haven't gotten a Promotion Mission yet. Things get changed up?
A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
"Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
Post edited by damzelltrill on

Comments

• krrjakrrja Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nope, no changes since the missions went in. However the first ship is tied to a specific mission, not at a particular level. Double xp ftw!! You can expect to see level 50 before you're a third of the way through the missions.'
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Long story short:

Only the Feds get a mission at level 10 to get a new ship (and the moment you hit level 10, too, generally, unless you're in battle).

Both the Romulans and Klingons have to reach a specific story point to get their new ship.

During double experience, expect to get it around level 16-19 or so. Yes, it's slightly broken and annoying.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • qeque0001qeque0001 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just started playing last night, never have played STO before. Made a Romulan and it was interesting getting to level 23, which is when I finally got the level 10 ship. I did notice a substantial increase in power :P

Also took a while to find out that the Klingons/Federation do not give that quest to Romulans (even after selecting their faction). I read a few threads which said that's where to go for the promotion.

To anyone else who is new to the game and going Romulan, you can see Admiral Kererek for your goodies.

The double exp is great, thanks for having that bonus up! I got several characters to level 20ish now (still only one with the ship upgrade). It seems like the game hugely jumps power when you hit 21, and in that little level 1 ship it takes a loooong time to finish some of those quests when you are still learning and have no gear and almost no credits.

As a matter of game tuning, it would be good to be able to get the ship upgrade when you hit the level rather than hit the progression point.

Not a complaint, it was fun! Starting another char now, getting a few up through as much of the tutorial as I can until I decide which I like most.
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I got a new science Klingon character to level 1-50 in about 2 days. It generally takes me about a week or two (depending on how much i actually play the character). I got to level 8 by just skipping the tutorial and talking to the Prison Warden. Got 2 levels every single mission and also did a lot of dailies. I am level 50 and am only on the Vigilance mission series.
  • saihung423saihung423 Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    <spoiler of sorts>

Yeah, have to get past the Worf mission with Alexander, then you will get promoted and a new ship.

My buddy was trying to figure this out as well.
  • damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah i remembered the ship thing after I posted.

But I did have a Fed character level to 50 and not get the Promotion to Vice Admiral one trigger.
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.