test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank you, re: Resolved an issue which was causing some KDF captains to (...)

tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Fixed, according to the March 6, 2014 release notes:

* Resolved an issue which was causing some KDF captains to not be able to switch to all costumes slots.

Qapla!! :)
Post edited by tucana66 on

Comments

• Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    feel lucky, nothing fixed for my 2 klingon characters. still can't switch...though now i can create new outfits, that i can't switch to.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    baudl wrote: »
    feel lucky, nothing fixed for my 2 klingon characters. still can't switch...though now i can create new outfits, that i can't switch to.

If it helps, what I did to reclaim those "lost slots" was I went to "Modify" them first. Then, I select one of the pre-made costumes (Academy, Combat, Stealth, Scarlet, etc). Then I purchase it for the small change of EC. The thumbnail would still be unchanged, so I would exit the tailor and go back in. The thumbnail would be updated and then I can modify/rename that costume slot as well as switch to it.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nope, I tried yoru method... still the same.
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Same here, no fix for me either and I only have three slots!
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I have three slots that are editable but two that are not. All five slots are free ones not purchased if that makes a difference.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    monkeyknigmonkeyknig Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Despite what the patch notes say, I'm not seeing anything fixed, either. I still have one costume slot that can't be worn or renamed (invalid parts) but also ignores any changes I make to it at the tailor. Two other slots likewise cannot be edited, renamed, or worn, but don't return any error message at all.
  • Options
    catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited March 2014
    Tailor behaves the same for me, mostly.

No other outfits. Only the 1st outfit works.

Also, Marauder BOFF all messed up. Instead of saying "invalid parts", though, it says, "You cannot change race" or something like that.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think the issue is actually thus: You are only suppose to have 3 Free costume slots. At least, that's the case for my Fed.

So If you notice, your KDF would actually have a total of 5 Free costume slots.. So if we ignore the two that does not work, you still have 3, and I can confirm that my first slot as a newly created costume does work.
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Two of my Klingon characters costumes are working as they should. My third Klingon has two additional slots and costumes that they should not have. They cannot change into them or change them. Hopefully these get deleted next patch.
  • Options
    fransiscosfransiscos Member Posts: 54
    edited March 2014
    Ya I still got 4 outfit slots I can't edit or del. I hope next patch will del them.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This works for me click on the costume slot that u cant use then click create then change something n buy the new costume. If ur a f2p u should have 3 costume slots if ur in a fleet unless u unlocked more in the c-store.
    Now my kdf chars show more slots then ive unlocked n every 6 weeks or so i have do as above its a pain n takes up time i would be using to do missions.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited March 2014
    jestersage wrote: »
    I think the issue is actually thus: You are only suppose to have 3 Free costume slots. At least, that's the case for my Fed.

So If you notice, your KDF would actually have a total of 5 Free costume slots.. So if we ignore the two that does not work, you still have 3, and I can confirm that my first slot as a newly created costume does work.

I have 1 costume slot that works (except for the times when it failboats totally). Maybe the fleet slot also works, but I usually don't touch that.

I guess there's a Starfleet vs. KDF joke in there somewhere...
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Actually they only fixed the problem that came up when the episode 'Sphere of Influence' was first added to the game
    OK, the fix QA was able to verify was for KDF costumes that became unuseable after playing "Sphere of Influence". To date, this has been the only KDF costume issue we have been able to reproduce, and I could only get it to happen on one character. That character gave the programmers something to look at, and as a result the cause seems to have been fixed as has the unuseable costume for the test character. This obviously has not fixed every KDF costume issue, but we'll keep working on it.

From reading this thread, it seems like some of you now have more costumes than available slots. Is that correct?

Additionally, it sounds like some of you have costumes that still cannot be used even though you have enough slots to accommodate them. Is that correct?

Is there anything else that I'm missing as far as understanding the problem(s) is concerned?