test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dyson Color Change

ibreakbonesibreakbones Member Posts: 55 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Klingon Discussion
1. (Very Important): The Dyson Science Destroyer is a nice ship however it is in Federation colors not Klingon or Romulan. Please allow us to Customize the ship and change the exterior like we can with some other ships. We really need to lose the shinny white shoot me billboard and make it a dark green. Also it would be nice if we could add the Klingon and Fleet logo to it.

Or you could just add a dark green Dyson Tactical Destroyer to the c-store and I would be happy to buy it. It would be a money maker for sure and money is good. In fact I am trying to throw money at you now. I have lost count of the ships I have bought in the c-store already. In fact I bought another one last night so yes I would buy this ship at a premium price. However if you find it in your heart to make the price reasonable it will leave me more money to buy other things like lock box keys, (HINT, HINT)

2. (Fairly Important): I find it very annoying when I am doing the quest where we scan the locations and then enter battle, kill the required number of mobs and then return only to reenter and find that I am now back in science mode. Please make tactical mode remain on until we cancel it.

3. (Not as Important but nice): Finish the inside of the Dyson. The only way to leave the bridge is to install another bridge and then the map is not a Dyson map but the map for another ship. Other ship maps work on the Dyson it would be better if the Dyson had its own maps.

Final thoughts. The Dyson Science Destroyer looks and feels like a Federation ship. I really think we the players should have the ability to change these ships to reflect the spirit of the Empire and our individual personalities.

Thanks

Klegg

PS there will be a few typos. I was up until 4:30 last night tweaking my stats and my ship. I bought a new ship and a stat reset. It was serious work to get everything right seeing that you only get one chance with the paid reset.
Post edited by ibreakbones on

Comments

• Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Unlikely to happen.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Unlikely to happen.

I agree with the OP but I'm afraid you may be right. Although I have to admit that my Aves is growing on me. I didn't like it at first and had switched back to my Ar'kif but I switched back to my whitish mini DD last night I really liked how it performed. I'm sure that in a few weeks I will like the colours ;)
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I could've sworn I saw a KDF Dyson in orbit around Ganalda yesterday with a more normal-looking skin. Type 0 maybe. I was glad to see it, looked so much better with a skin other than the default purple/white My Little Pony one.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    variant37 wrote: »
    I could've sworn I saw a KDF Dyson in orbit around Ganalda yesterday with a more normal-looking skin. Type 0 maybe. I was glad to see it, looked so much better with a skin other than the default purple/white My Little Pony one.

HMMM, that would be new.
    Couldn't it have been the lighting combined with a shield skin?:confused:
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    HMMM, that would be new.
    Couldn't it have been the lighting combined with a shield skin?:confused:

Probably that's what it was. They said in their "infinite wisdom" that faction specific skins are restricted from those ships.
    So we have the option to fly toddlers' toys or not buy. I went with option 2.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Slightly off-topic: I think we should get a celebratory Arc skin for all ships.

I do agree that the KDF needs better Dyson skins, but it's very unlikely that the KDF will get more options in terms of that.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Slightly off-topic: I think we should get a celebratory Arc skin for all ships.

I do agree that the KDF needs better Dyson skins, but it's very unlikely that the KDF will get more options in terms of that.

Still trolling I see.

Mods, can we take care of this guy or at least his trolling posts? Bluegeek, Ashkray, Cyberghost......anyone?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Still trolling I see.

Mods, can we take care of this guy or at least his trolling posts? Bluegeek, Ashkray, Cyberghost......anyone?

It's support, not trolling. I am really excited about Arc and what it will add to the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    It's support, not trolling. I am really excited about Arc and what it will add to the game.

Yes ofcourse it's not trolling, cause this thread has so much to do with Arc, right? :rolleyes:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yes ofcourse it's not trolling, cause this thread has so much to do with Arc, right? :rolleyes:

More than half of that post was about Dyson Skins. And all of it was about ship skins.
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1. (Very Important): The Dyson Science Destroyer is a nice ship however it is in Federation colors not Klingon or Romulan. Please allow us to Customize the ship and change the exterior like we can with some other ships. We really need to lose the shinny white shoot me billboard and make it a dark green. Also it would be nice if we could add the Klingon and Fleet logo to it.

PS there will be a few typos. I was up until 4:30 last night tweaking my stats and my ship. I bought a new ship and a stat reset. It was serious work to get everything right seeing that you only get one chance with the paid reset.

This will not happen. Reason is people complained about these same issues and there was a bunch of people who did not like the complaining. So, they became the Dyson cheerleaders.

Now Cryptic is making $$$ off the insanely bad but effective "pushing these half complete lazy made ships to us". Now that people are dumping cash loads to Cryptic.

They have no reason to change anything.
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    More than half of that post was about Dyson Skins. And all of it was about ship skins.

You can put Arc down my toilet. Thank you.

Have a nice day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Dyson ships have the most un-Klingon like color. I'm using customization decals to cover it in as much red and brown as I can but the color is just not a good look for a Klingon ship.
    Ah well, it doesn't matter much since I suspect once the novelty wears off I will be moving on to a different ship anyway, the stupid thing doesn't even have a battle cloak.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It would be nice to get a more Klingon colour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    age03 wrote: »
    It would be nice to get a more Klingon colour.

to be fair, klingons got a new skin option in the last patch.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    One of many reason's why I didn't buy the ship nor why I don;t use the grind one. It's a terrible ship, barely looks Klingon/Romulan and is so totally not trek (yeah it will take the Empire, Federation etc, a few months to reverse engineer technology thousands of years ahead of them :rolleyes:).
    jmaster29 wrote: »
    You can put Arc down my toilet. Thank you.

Have a nice day

Best idea I heard in a long time. This guy is going on my ignore list as I am sick of seeing his post about that load of TRIBBLE called Arc.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    hosanin#8084 hosanin Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If I found a good use for ARC besides free stuff I may be for it, the fact that I have to disable run time elements in my browsers doesn't make me very happy :mad:

But to the topic at hand, the DSD will most likely never see a new skin or visual upgrade (a midst various other fixes) to make it look anything like current KDF ships. Yeah it looks like a D'deridex on a diet for the Roms, but the KDF have some sort of hideous monster that reminds me of that guy from the movie 300 who betrayed the Spartans (Ephialtes of Trachis I think). That guy is almost cute compared to the monster called the KDF DSD :eek:
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    baudl wrote: »
    Not for the Dyson ship, all the c-store ships are just variations on pasty white, the only way to change it is to put a set on that has a shield effect that changes the color.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    kolbrandrkolbrandr Member Posts: 266
    edited March 2014
    shadzsword wrote: »
    If I found a good use for ARC besides free stuff I may be for it, the fact that I have to disable run time elements in my browsers doesn't make me very happy :mad:

But to the topic at hand, the DSD will most likely never see a new skin or visual upgrade (a midst various other fixes) to make it look anything like current KDF ships. Yeah it looks like a D'deridex on a diet for the Roms, but the KDF have some sort of hideous monster that reminds me of that guy from the movie 300 who betrayed the Spartans (Ephialtes of Trachis I think). That guy is almost cute compared to the monster called the KDF DSD :eek:

The KDF DSD fuselage looks like a big white spacepenis.
  • Options
    quistraquistra Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No matter what colour they are, the DSDs will still be ungodly hideous abominations of ship design.
    The artist formerly known as PlanetofHats.
    Actual join date: Open beta, 2009ish.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    quistra wrote: »
    No matter what colour they are, the DSDs will still be ungodly hideous abominations of ship design.

True that.

Although I must say - the KDF DSD looks most apropriate design wise. (it looks nothing like a Klingon ship due to Cryptic's ingenious leaders that make marvelous executive decisions without having a clue about Star Trek, like restricting faction hull materials)
    The Romulan DSD is just a squeezed D'Deridex with holes in the hull (ornaments ship) and the impulse engine on the tail is just.....all shades of wrong.
    But the Fed one....lol :D I seriously want to know what was going through the head of whoever designed it and how could they possibly think it's a good idea. The thing looks like the result of a mating ritual between a clam and a snail.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    baudl wrote: »

And it's quite a nice one too. The Bortasqu' and the Peghqu' look particularly good with it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    variant37 wrote: »
    And it's quite a nice one too. The Bortasqu' and the Peghqu' look particularly good with it.

As does the Mogh. Really, the Mogh looks marvelous with that material - it shows the full quality of the skin and looks and feels so very Klingon.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    But the Fed one....lol :D I seriously want to know what was going through the head of whoever designed it and how could they possibly think it's a good idea. The thing looks like the result of a mating ritual between a clam and a snail.

For a moment there, I thought you were talking about Star Cruisers ... the original trilobite/space whales.
  • Options
    ibreakbonesibreakbones Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    When I made the original post the Advanced Dysons were not out. So I bought the tactical one. It is really just a regular Dyson with a little more black thrown in so it did not look so lame. Well it is better looking than the original Dyson but only just.

Like the Original Dyson it has the necelle (spelling) flaw. It still kicks out out of tactical mode every chance it gets. It still has that lame cool down before you can go back to tactical mode. The main difference is that it does have a neat console and it sucked $25.00 out of your bank account.

Still it seems like the best ship (unless you can get the fleet heavy destroyer), for my play style. But getting the fleet destroyer has turned out the be very frustrating as I joined a fleet that is no where near ready for fleet ship, (but I can fix that). Even then it will be ages before i can get a fleet ship because no one will let you buy one if you are new to the ship. So I am stuck with this ugly Dyson for Krom knows how long.

I wished there was a decent option for Tier 5 DPS that was not a flimsy BoP or Raptor or fleet ship. You would think the powers that be would want to make more money and sell a Dyson that would stay in tactical mode and came in faction colors. That thing would sell like crack... oops I mean meth... no sorry I should have said candy. Yeah candy. Sugar is as addicting as any other drug. :eek:

Some people say Klingons don't complain they kill people. First I am not a Klingon this is a game and second killing is wrong and should be illegal.