test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

romulan toon question

tareruntaliontareruntalion Member Posts: 87 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Academy
i made yesterday a romulan toon, my first one, and i just finished the tutorial before i stopped so i haven't progressed that much, my question is do the romulans have teir own pve queues or do they use the ones of the faction they are aligned to ? if i choose fed for example will i have the fed queues or do the romulans have their own because i know you join the fleets of the faction you aligned yourself with.

because i made a week ago a kdf toon for farming dil and they are fun and i like flying bops but i have reached 36 level and every new mission wants you to be one level above the previous and each mission doesn't give you that much xp to gain one level per mission and the queues are dead.

with my main, my fed toon i was happy because i leveled to 50 by doing queues only and it was fun and then i did the story missions (i had done very few missions)

don't get me wrong i like the missions but doing them again and again to level to progress with the story line doesn't appeal to me that much.
so do the romulans have their own queues and do people play in them or is everything dead like in the kdf ?
Post edited by tareruntalion on

Comments

• Options
    spoondogglespoondoggle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think you share the queues of your allied faction... not completely sure, but I think you do. Romulans are pretty easy to level anyway - I was 45 by the time I started the Spectres episode.
    I'm not a Romulan doctor, but I play one on STO.
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i made yesterday a romulan toon, my first one, and i just finished the tutorial before i stopped so i haven't progressed that much, my question is do the romulans have teir own pve queues or do they use the ones of the faction they are aligned to ? if i choose fed for example will i have the fed queues or do the romulans have their own because i know you join the fleets of the faction you aligned yourself with.

because i made a week ago a kdf toon for farming dil and they are fun and i like flying bops but i have reached 36 level and every new mission wants you to be one level above the previous and each mission doesn't give you that much xp to gain one level per mission and the queues are dead.

with my main, my fed toon i was happy because i leveled to 50 by doing queues only and it was fun and then i did the story missions (i had done very few missions)

don't get me wrong i like the missions but doing them again and again to level to progress with the story line doesn't appeal to me that much.
    so do the romulans have their own queues and do people play in them or is everything dead like in the kdf ?

You share the queues with the faction you choose. As in if you choose fed you queue on fed side.

But one way for you to get xp to advance in the story is to replay some of the older missions. Sure they will provide much less xp then when you did first time, but you wont have to wait and rely on queues. The one with the suliban helix was rather easy and fast to replay if I remember right, but dunno how much xp it will provide for you at lvl 36. Just pick another mission if you find the xp to be too low and replay it 1-2 times till you get the lvl to advance to a new mission.

I know it may be borring but since now the mirror invasion was taken out, wich was the best way to lvl up, there arent much faster ways.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hmmm ... With 3 Fed toons, 4 KDF toons and now 3 Rom toons, the game has never once told me I couldn't do a mission because my rank was to low, so I'm not sure what your problem is there ...

As far as queue's go, well unfortunately KDF and consequently KDF aligned Romulans, have the short straw here, as there isn't a large population of players for "PuG's (automatic 5 player teams) but then again, you can only do a very small number of 'normal' STF's before level 50, and they give SFA XP in comparison to Episode Missions, so why would you?

My advice, if your going KDF aligned, is to get into a good Fleet, and hopefully they can help you with private teams ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    tareruntaliontareruntalion Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    well then i guess i will go with the feds, i asked because i don't want to replay to death the missions to gain some xp, that's why i have stopped leveling my kdf toon, i don't know what kind of xp each mission gives but i leveled my fed by doing pugs as you call them and i had only played about 5 missions from the klingon storyline then when i reached 50 i decided to do the rest, i know a good fleet and i will probably join them but you see i have about 10 hours difference with the majority of the us players so i don't want to wait all day for a premade
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Roms have their own main mission line. It is the same regardless of which faction you choose.

STF qs are shared with the faction you join.

You can do some missions from the faction you joined that are not the main series, such as KDF
    defend the empire daily or FED explore new worlds type stuff.

Additionally your DO missions are *mostly* shared with your faction. That is, you can go to qonos and get a DO mission to hire a naussician bridge officer. However, you can also hire rom BOs that regular KDF cannot, and other similar missions off new rom that kdf cannot get such as romulan diplomacy themed tasks.

You cannot do the faction missions until you selected a side, which comes fairly early in the process, by level 10 I think?

-- I have zero problems with finding pugs for most content during prime time hours (USA after work, 5 eastern to midnight western are fairly active). A few of the less popular missions are hard to fill, including the large group fleet action and a couple of the ground ones. Trying to get a group before going in to work is hit or miss (7-8 am eastern).

-feds may have more people and active Qs, but KDF can farm dil and contra more easily, and there is less crowd-lag at major hubs and less nonsense/troll chat at bases.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    noroblad wrote: »
    but KDF can farm dil and contra more easily, and there is less crowd-lag at major hubs and less nonsense/troll chat at bases.

And Qo'nos gets Orion girls running around everywhere ... :D

And Klingon Fleet Starbases are just AWESOME! :cool:

Dancing Girls, A gorgeous huge Firepit with comfy chairs around it, Dragon Skull wall trophies ... Dancing girls ... Yeti throw rugs, cute little Targ Pups and Targ beds all over the place ... Dancing Girls ...

Though the smell of Targ droppings can be a little overwhelming ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png