test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please allow us to store refined dilithium in account bank

monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
It's so tedious when I want to transfer dilithium from 10 characters to 1 using the dilithium exchange. It would be nice if we could store refined dil in the account bank like energy credits. The refinement cap will still be there and it shouldn't affect the dilithium exchange at all. This would allow us to keep track of just how much dil we have and be able to use it for characters that need it.

Currently the way I do it is I place an offer to buy zen for 25 dil each. Switch characters then cancel the offer and withdraw the dil to combine it. Then place a new offer with the dil and keep doing that for each character. You can only have 5 offers at most at one time so once I get the the 6th character, I'm gonna have to cancel and withdraw the dil anyway. (Sadly I've never once got lucky that some fool accidentally sold his zen for 25 dil each LOL.)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tribblequeentribblequeen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That would actually be nice to have access too. I only have 3 50's but it's still a pain if I want to transfer some dilithium over to another character. Kinda like the currency box but also adding a Dil box as well to the account bank. :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    STO Member Since November 2010 | Tribbles are Friends NOT Food!
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Actually the Dil Exchange 'account bank' is more convenient in that you can access it anywhere! :D

You don't have to worry about the 5 posts. On each toon, post offer and then have that posting toon cancel offer. Dil goes into the Dil Exchange's 'bank'. Just do that for every toon and the last one just withdraws the Dil.

And yes, I too have Dil sitting in the Exchange waiting for some noob to post Zen way too cheap. ;)
  • Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree, that would make things a lot easier/less annoying.

After all the devs doesn't need to touch the refinement cap, just allow to share the dilithium between your own characters. Sure, the workaround is pretty well known, but its annoying, so adding dilithium to the account bank could count as a "quality of live" improvement.

Maybe the devs would want to add a cap of how nuch refined dilithium can be stored on the bank or something like that, but it would still be an improvement.
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And yes, I too have Dil sitting in the Exchange waiting for some noob to post Zen way too cheap. ;)
    I'm going to break your heart, but I think you simply can't. I made several low lvl toon with the only purpose of making a single player fleet (I was bored by all the PM "join my fleet" in ESD).
    With them I did a single foundry mission to have enough dil to buy zen, which is necessary to lift the restrictions to make a fleet.

The few zen I had, I was unable to share them with my main account, so I wanted to sell them very very cheap, so at least someone was happy (since they were lost anyway). But STO disagreed, and my zen was sold to the best price the game could find, and not the very cheap price.

Avoid a lots of drama I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    watsterwatster Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    I'm going to break your heart, but I think you simply can't. I made several low lvl toon with the only purpose of making a single player fleet (I was bored by all the PM "join my fleet" in ESD).
    With them I did a single foundry mission to have enough dil to buy zen, which is necessary to lift the restrictions to make a fleet.

The few zen I had, I was unable to share them with my main account, so I wanted to sell them very very cheap, so at least someone was happy (since they were lost anyway). But STO disagreed, and my zen was sold to the best price the game could find, and not the very cheap price.

coudn't you set your own price?
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    watster wrote: »

Yup, I use the dil exchange to post dil at 25 per zen then cancel on my last toon, just in case some muppet takes it... You can't go lower than 25 though.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    watster wrote: »
    You can. But if you check the sale afterward, you'll see it was sold at the highest price possible.
    You think you sold them that cheap, when in the end, you didn't.

Only works for selling zen for dil. The other way around is not affected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What we really need is to be able to use unrefined dil for SB tasks
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    Yup, I use the dil exchange to post dil at 25 per zen then cancel on my last toon, just in case some muppet takes it... You can't go lower than 25 though.

If some "muppet" does then you can sell the zen at a higher amount and get more dil back.

Though on the zen front I try to be more careful. If I accidentally with draw them, and I have done that, then I put them back up at 500 dil so that no one buys them then cancel and then leave the zen in the exchange "bank". Though if someone takes them at that price then I end up the gainer again anyway.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Actually the Dil Exchange 'account bank' is more convenient in that you can access it anywhere! :D

You don't have to worry about the 5 posts. On each toon, post offer and then have that posting toon cancel offer. Dil goes into the Dil Exchange's 'bank'. Just do that for every toon and the last one just withdraws the Dil.

actually you can access the account bank from just about anywhere though not quite as easy as the dil exchange.
    just select visit bridge from the menu and find the appropriate console.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2014

what i would do is list dil for 25 for 1 zen with one of my mains then buy the dil with these others to get the zen into my main account.
    after that if these others are in your fleet you can dump the dil into a project.

alternatly just sell the zen for the best rate you can get then dump the dil into the next available project.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014

When selling zen it goes by the highest price players are offering. And when buying zen it gives you the lowest price it's being sold for. Or something. This is probably to avoid problems that may arise because a player accidentally listed their zen too low or accidentally payed too much for it.

Personally I think the dilithium exchange is great the way it is (except when prices go up due to a c-store sale lol).

But this thread is getting off topic. This was about letting us store refined dilithium in our account banks.