test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Colony Invasion Diplomat glitch...

tinnydancertinnydancer Member Posts: 1
Okay, fix it already. They get tagged, the beam somewhere but we don't get credit for it.

It doesn't matter if I am being shot at or the Diplomat is being shot at or if neither of us are being shot at or taking damage. By my best estimate roughly 40% of the time when you tag a Diplomat for beam up on the Fed or KDF side you don't get credit for it.

I have been in several "conversations" with know it all's that say oh you can't tag them and get credit if they are being shot at. I know for a fact you can. I've done it. Other know it all's have said you can't tag the diplomat and get credit if the Diplomat is being attacked and I have in fact tagged diplomats who were being attacked, surrounded by enemies and it was credited. Sure occasionally on the KDF side there are a bunch of nimrods that actually kill the Diplomat before it can be tagged but that is a different issue.

However, there have been several frustrating, infuriating times when neither I nor the Diplomat are being attacked at all, I tag them, they beam out. Nothing.

On the Fed side I just did CI and I tagged all 3 diplomats, watched them get beamed up and we got no credit for it.

Fix it. No seriously FIX THIS.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Okay, fix it already. They get tagged, the beam somewhere but we don't get credit for it.

It doesn't matter if I am being shot at or the Diplomat is being shot at or if neither of us are being shot at or taking damage. By my best estimate roughly 40% of the time when you tag a Diplomat for beam up on the Fed or KDF side you don't get credit for it.

I have been in several "conversations" with know it all's that say oh you can't tag them and get credit if they are being shot at. I know for a fact you can. I've done it. Other know it all's have said you can't tag the diplomat and get credit if the Diplomat is being attacked and I have in fact tagged diplomats who were being attacked, surrounded by enemies and it was credited. Sure occasionally on the KDF side there are a bunch of nimrods that actually kill the Diplomat before it can be tagged but that is a different issue.

However, there have been several frustrating, infuriating times when neither I nor the Diplomat are being attacked at all, I tag them, they beam out. Nothing.

On the Fed side I just did CI and I tagged all 3 diplomats, watched them get beamed up and we got no credit for it.

Fix it. No seriously FIX THIS.

Agreed. It's completely random.

One instance it will beam out the diplomat and you'll get credit.

next run it will be the same circumstances and no credit.

This is annoying.
  • ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    Agreed. It's completely random.

One instance it will beam out the diplomat and you'll get credit.

next run it will be the same circumstances and no credit.

This is annoying.

I don't know if its totally random. In my experience the bug seems to happen if the diplomat's animation gets interrupted while the interact bar is filling up (i.e., if the diplomat gets shot at or decides to move around).
  • tinnydancertinnydancer Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    ashtaku wrote: »
    I don't know if its totally random. In my experience the bug seems to happen if the diplomat's animation gets interrupted while the interact bar is filling up (i.e., if the diplomat gets shot at or decides to move around).

Did I not make myself clear. It doesn't f_cking matter. I have 7 toons 4 Fed and 3 KDF, I have done CI probably 500 times and it just doesn't f_cking matter.

40% of the time, when you tag a Diplomat you don't get credit.! It doesn't matter if you are being attacked, or the diplomat is being attacked or if you or the Diplomat are not being attacked.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I been pointing this out for a year now. Yes, it is annoying. :(

Also be nice if they fix the other bugs and exploits in the other Fleet Alerts as well.
  • commanderkhancommanderkhan Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have been sending bug reports in about it as well. Recently I gave the devs a fair warning that i will flood them with bug reports until they get it fixed. I do the colony invasion several times a day so i send in a bug report every single time i see it happen. I have been sending in at least 3 or 4 on a daily basis and as of today, i requested all the members of my fleet do the same. Hopefully they will get so overwhelmed by bug reports, they will get annoyed to the point of fixing it. I encourage every single player in the game to do the same. Several hundred bug reports about the same thing should get their attention. It is so frustrating to lose marks that my fleet needs due to a well known bug. Fix it already!
  • lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just want to add two things. 1, the diplomats are idiots for running away when they are getting tagged. Can we please shoot them and blame it on the (invader of the session)? Note I run 4 Fed toons through the CI regularly.

And 2: On ultra rare occasion we get credit for rescuing 4 out of 3 diplomats. I think it has to do with the dumb %&@#* running away all the time. That and the random nature of them being tagged.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It needs to be fixed.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • commanderkhancommanderkhan Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Shooting the diplomats if they run away? Hmmm... I like the idea! If they refuse to fix the bug, might as well be able to shoot the diplomats and get some satisfaction out of it. Could make a game out that in itself.
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Necrothread...
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I didn't even notice. Oops.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • rexnebular51rexnebular51 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You can't do anything in this game while in RED ALERT mode except combat. You can't open a crate, you can't use a console and you can't heal a colonist while getting shot at. What makes you people think you can tag a diplomat while in combat? You can't. Just wait until your RED ALERT is cleared from the top of the screen and you can tag them. They should also be standing still and waving arms [or prone for KDF]. If I get to the diplomats before the others, I can get a perfect score everytime.

EDIT:
    Threads over 30 days old should be left alone to die :P

~Askray
This discussion has been closed.