test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Mail

commanderkhancommanderkhan Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Fleet System and Holdings
So i just got an error message when i went to send out another fleet mail today. Only one fleet letter per day allowed????!!! That is absolute nonsense! Its mail, thats all. Its not a special privilege or some amazing ability. Every game has mail. Why only one fleet letter per day? We need that to be the normal unlimited like every other game on the planet. We also need more then just fleet mail. We need to be able to mail particular sections of our fleet, members only, the various officers, recruits as well. I use things like that on every other game i played to keep people in the loop of what concerns them and things i can help them with. Please restructure the mail to be more useful.
Post edited by commanderkhan on

Comments

• daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I guess it's supposed to prevent spam...or something. But the mail system has been almost the same since BETA (minus the 100 attachment limit thingy) and the UI itself is NEVER going to chamge. As long as it "works," it's gonna stay.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh it gets better. It's one fleet mail per day period, not one fleet mail per fleet member per day. So if someone else in your fleet sends a fleet mail to everyone to remember to attend an event, then nobody else in the fleet can send a fleet mail that day for any reason. It's idiotic.

And I agree, you should be able to send mail to fleet ranks only, in addition to the entire fleet.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its been this way for like ever

its very very very very very very ANNOYING
    JtaDmwW.png
  • commanderkhancommanderkhan Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am pretty sure that cavemen could send out more then one letter a day on stone tablets and here we are way in the future with the restriction of one mail a day. Seems a bit off.... Because I honestly have no idea, does this stuff get read by anybody who can make the changes we request or is there somewhere else this belongs? It is really a massive limitation for me with the way I run guilds. I just dont know a whole lot about forums, how they work, some of the terms, or if anybody important reads them. I see words like trolling and seriously have no idea what that means. Bump is another one, no clue what that is.