test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Galaxies rise UP!

sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
sanatoba wrote: »
I'm calling for everyone who has a Galaxy (T4 Galaxy, Galaxy-R or Galaxy-X) and that knows how to use them, (and that like the upcoming changes) to use only them and only them for the next week, to both support Cryptic and show these nay-Sayers that they are wrong! Won't you join me in showing that the Galaxies still have a place in STO!?!?! :eek: :D :eek: :D

Take up the call and pass it on!

On the thread for the new changes to the Galaxies (mainly to the Galaxy-X) nay-sayers are claiming that the Galaxies are outdated and not up to the job in STO. They say that without an even greater change in stats and slots, that they are completely useless! But those of us who know how to use them and do so regularly know better! I'm calling for everyone who has a Galaxy and know how to use it to rise up, not just to support Cryptic, but to also show these players up who think the Galaxy sucks. Will you join me?!?!

Let the Galaxies RISE UP!!!!!!!!!
Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
"Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
"To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
"To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
"Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Awww Yeah!

Count me in - The U.S.S. Wailord and her hideous turning circle will join the fight!
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think I'll leave my fleet Galaxy in dry dock. My fleet Sovereign is much more fun to play.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I dusted off my Galaxy Retrofit yesterday and had a great idea: I'll go to the Dyson Sphere and be the oddest player there. Well, about a dozen other players must have had the same idea.

Seriously though, when I transwarped to Tau Dewa sector, I spawned next to at least 3 of these things.

Suddenly these ships were EVERYWHERE. I didn't see many Galaxy Dreadnaughts (unless you can remove the 3rd nacelle at the ship tailor). It was mostly the Exploration Cruiser Retrofit I saw.

I'm guessing a lot of players didn't read the dev blog carefully and are expecting the Retrofit to get a makeover. The only thing being done to it is have the saucer technology upgraded to what the Odyssey uses.

The Dreadnaught is what is getting reworked a bit and finally having a fleet version added.

I use to think this ship sucked and that's why I haven't used it in over a year. But I'm the one that sucked.

Before using it I went to the STOAcademy website skill planner and spent some time to come up with something. I have to say I'm happy with it so far.

Here is what I have planned. Just need Omega Force ship set, fleet ship consoles/warp core, Omega Force ground set, and fleet version of the ship http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=fleetgalaxyretrofit_2164
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I may not be a Galaxy User, but I sure do believe they have a place in STO. I'm glad it's getting updated. My fleet has a few that I run with. Great ships. I also ran a T4 Galaxy before switching to my Nebula, now on my Vesta. So for a while there my old T4 served me well.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Count me in on this. Haven't played any of my Feds in a awhile but when I do, I always try to play something different from the current cookie cutter version of the FotM. I have good memories of the Galaxy class my ENG flew while finishing up the PvE story arcs. Long since decommissioned, but I suppose I can always spring for the Zen to get a new one.

One change I will make this time, however. No female Betazoid Boffs. They seem to be a little rough on the equipment. :D
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Count me in on this. Haven't played any of my Feds in a awhile but when I do, I always try to play something different from the current cookie cutter version of the FotM. I have good memories of the Galaxy class my ENG flew while finishing up the PvE story arcs. Long since decommissioned, but I suppose I can always spring for the Zen to get a new one.

One change I will make this time, however. No female Betazoid Boffs. They seem to be a little rough on the equipment. :D

How did you get your Galaxy ship originally? If you purchased it in the c-store you can claim it for free on all current and future fed characters on your account for the life of the game.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have the Gal-R on one toon from the Va token.

It's basically just a very..er...cruiser-y cruiser.

Doesn't let you be at all tactical or scientific, just cruiser-y.

I can see how it would irk people as the iconic ship was clearly more flexible, but Fed cruisers are fine ships to fly.

Grab a bunch of beams, get a decent RCS console or two, prepare for tankiness.
  • demonwolf1975demonwolf1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How did you get your Galaxy ship originally? If you purchased it in the c-store you can claim it for free on all current and future fed characters on your account for the life of the game.

he might of got it by using the 600 day vet token

has of now the U.S.S. Anubis well be sent to the fleet space dock for upgading to a fleet G-X cant what to get it out but only thing i have a isue with is the boff slot's stell sucks wold of like to see that ens. tec get bumped up to a Lt. com. slot
  • sudonamisudonami Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    oh is this where we are arranging the next galaxy party to celebrate? that was really fun the last time. count me in. U.S.S. Blue Rose and U.S.S. High Sierra standing by. :D
  • gogereavergogereaver Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    heck yea dusting off my galaxie
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    he might of got it by using the 600 day vet token

has of now the U.S.S. Anubis well be sent to the fleet space dock for upgading to a fleet G-X cant what to get it out but only thing i have a isue with is the boff slot's stell sucks wold of like to see that ens. tec get bumped up to a Lt. com. slot

As I said, I hardly play my Feds anymore. I cannot really recall how I acquired the Galaxy for my Fed ENG. But it isn't like they are going to run out of them anytime soon and I find it easy to stockpile Zen or Dil or Marks or whatever they want for it. :D
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2014

On my main character I actually got my Galaxy Retrofit back when you could still earn it by getting to level 50, and using a special requisition token. It also came with the saucer sep console. That was quite a while ago now and was restricted to individual characters, not full accounts. Shortly after that they restricted it to just through the C-Store, but then made the tokens available again for the 600 day subscribers. The way I got it never unlocked it for me in the C-Store (which I always thought was a rip, but I got over it). So now for my other characters I still need to buy it (or achieve 600 subscribed days, which ever may come first.....one of these days).

"To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sudonami wrote: »
    oh is this where we are arranging the next galaxy party to celebrate? that was really fun the last time. count me in. U.S.S. Blue Rose and U.S.S. High Sierra standing by. :D

Guess I missed that party. darn it......

And here is my current Galaxy-X build that I'm currently using:
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=britador1_0

The main problem with it is the Tetryon cannons are actually Piercing, not Polarized and the blank spot on the devices list is filled with the Nimbus pirate Distress Call. With the four RCS consoles, this baby turns like a dream. But I can't wait until Thursday when I can start using saucer sep and dump my RCS Consoles for the other universal consoles I have. Also hoping to soon replace my cannons with the dyson rep proton beam weapon and some fleet plasma heavy cannons.

This is a little more like what I want! Though I'm deciding on changing my eng boffs skills a bit..and my universal ensign with be science, not tactical. Just add the hanger bay with fighters in your head.....
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=britador2_0

• wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lol-thread....
    as i already stated on your comments in the other thread

here

and here...

u almost contribute nothing to the discussion but "yay cryptic, yay" :P... so, only because u r fine with the changes that changes nothing doesn't mean all others had to join the herd...

goodbye, i won't bump this one another time. no support from here...
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My Galaxy(s) will continue to rest in the comfort of the dry dock . Next to my wallet .
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My main eng commands a galaxy, my main sci a nebula, both ships are easily classified as the worst garbage in this game by the majority of the players. I have fun playing them, I score 1st places in both regularily and more importantly, my toons don't switch ships. If I want to play another ship, which I don't, I make a new character. Each character is destined for its endgame ship from the beginning. That means I won't stop using the galaxy or nebula variants no matter what Cryptic does or what other people say :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I enjoyed my T4 galaxy, bad guys could barely scratch her paint. She has long since been scrapped and replaced by an oddy then an excelsior and now an avenger.

Honestly though, in order to entice me to getting a T5 variant it needs the lt commander made universal not the ensign (or both like many c store ships these days) and 4 tac consoles. The avenger is simply too flexible for me to trade down to something that has far fewer options. The tac consoles are not that big of a deal for me. I just want ships that allow me to tinker with a wide range of options.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    My Galaxy(s) will continue to rest in the comfort of the dry dock . Next to my wallet .

Pretty much this..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    My main eng commands a galaxy, my main sci a nebula, both ships are easily classified as the worst garbage in this game by the majority of the players. I have fun playing them, I score 1st places in both regularily and more importantly, my toons don't switch ships. If I want to play another ship, which I don't, I make a new character. Each character is destined for its endgame ship from the beginning. That means I won't stop using the galaxy or nebula variants no matter what Cryptic does or what other people say :D

lol :D Believe it or not, I'm the same. That's the reason I have multiple chars, my Captains command only one ship. :)
    Like I said in other threads before, the U.S.S. Roddenberry is going down only when the game is going down. Even if she's the only Galaxy Class ship left by then, I don't care. :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    blank spot on the devices list is filled with the Nimbus pirate Distress Call.

The NPDC doesn't need to be in a device slot, it works when in the inventory, it still appears on the power tray.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm rather disappointed that the Galaxies are not getting a hanger slot like the dreadnought is. Rather odd, considering the similarities between the ships....don't see where the Galaxy Dreadnought is hiding that extra slot....thought the galaxy and Galaxy Dreadnought were supposed to have identical hangers.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Will you join me?!?!
    No, I believe that the Galaxy is an iconic ship, a really beautiful ship and I want that ship to be useful. Not overpower like the Scimatar, not even close. All federation cruisers are far better than the Galaxy (even with the new "reboot") in all the aspects. All Lobi and lockbox cruisers are far better than all the federation cruisers, so there is the problem.

If you support half made jobs, good for you. I dont
    , and I want to use my Galaxy and dont be a burden on PVE or PVP. Because all that the Galaxy can do, all other cruisers can do it and much much better.

Sorry for bad English.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I applaud the OP's idea since I never see any galaxies in STF's anymore. It's a bit sad, actually. However, I do see the odd Gal-X every now and then which is a welcome site because it adds more variety to the usual bugs, galors, Jemmienaughts, and scimitars I see. You guys need to create a galaxy channel in game so that you can coordinate with other galaxy users much like the vo'quvs channel I'm a member of.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    I applaud the OP's idea since I never see any galaxies in STF's anymore. It's a bit sad, actually. However, I do see the odd Gal-X every now and then which is a welcome site because it adds more variety to the usual bugs, galors, Jemmienaughts, and scimitars I see. You guys need to create a galaxy channel in game so that you can coordinate with other galaxy users much like the vo'quvs channel I'm a member of.

But the OP idea is to leave the Galaxy as it is, useless and that is beacose no one use it.

So, you support that idea?

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thanks to the SRS fleet, there already is a Galaxy Class channel in the game. Can't remember off the top of my head atm, but I think it's called SRS Galaxy Wing and Galaxy fans indeed organize there for Galaxy run events.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    On the thread for the new changes to the Galaxies (mainly to the Galaxy-X) nay-sayers are claiming that the Galaxies are outdated and not up to the job in STO. They say that without an even greater change in stats and slots, that they are completely useless! But those of us who know how to use them and do so regularly know better! I'm calling for everyone who has a Galaxy and know how to use it to rise up, not just to support Cryptic, but to also show these players up who think the Galaxy sucks. Will you join me?!?!

Let the Galaxies RISE UP!!!!!!!!!

Who will want to support cryptic about this?? im really curious. :eek:

I love Galaxy class, i loved since time ago, but if they ships are worst than any other of the same tier, there is no point in keep trying people to buy them, for god sake.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I've seen a few too, always makes me smile.

There are players in STO who play for the fun of it, and not just gravitate to the biggest and best ships.

Every ship in the game is capable, the problem is players cannot be bothered to work toward getting the best out of them.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The way I see it, there's no need for anyone to "rise up". Cryptic has already done their part to revamp one of the most outdated ships in the game. Give them a break and be thankful they finally listened to us.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wast33 wrote: »
    lol-thread....
    as i already stated on your comments in the other thread

here

and here...

u almost contribute nothing to the discussion but "yay cryptic, yay" :P... so, only because u r fine with the changes that changes nothing doesn't mean all others had to join the herd...

goodbye, i won't bump this one another time. no support from here...

I love my galaxy, I got it for free from a va token and never used any other ship on the toon it is on now, I am kinda sad tho that the upgrades are mostly for the Galaxy X, I hate that version of that ship
    ogew7.jpg