test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Request] On-and-Off toggle for Quick-Equip, please

umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
Quick-Equip is one major feature introduced with Season 8.5 - some people like it, some don't. I'm in the latter group; I find it undesirable, clunky... and kind of see it (much like the loss of hourly events) as the game getting worse, rather than it getting better.

So, I would like to appeal to have at our disposal the ability of being able to toggle it On and Off... perhaps via the Gameplay Options menu window.

Please. I really want this. I'm sure others do. And I'm certain those whom are indifferent to it, don't see "what the big deal is", or actually enjoy it would not begrudge others being able to turn it off if it'd translate into (what they think would give them) a better experience.

Thank you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like the idea, but it really gets in the way when I'm trying to do other things.

Quick-Equip needs a modifier like alt-click or something. I don't want to disable it completely. I just want it to stop popping up every time I click on something.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's especially annoying when you're trying to UN-EQUIP something, and having it pop up, because, well, you can't doubleclick to remove an item without first single-clicking it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • id0liciousid0licious Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    umaeko wrote: »
    Please. I really want this. I'm sure others do.

And you'd be correct.

Please, for the love of Q - create a disable option for this monstrosity. :rolleyes:
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm adding my voice to this.

The quick-equip option is nice and I'm sure a lot of people do and will enjoy it, but I'm so used to the old system that having it pop-up on me every single time I want to move my equipment off of a ship is, quite frankly, annoying.
  • greuceangreucean Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    id0licious wrote: »
    And you'd be correct.

Please, for the love of Q - create a disable option for this monstrosity. :rolleyes:

YES YES YES

DISABLE option for quick equip NOW!!! or soon :)
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like the idea, but it really gets in the way when I'm trying to do other things.

Quick-Equip needs a modifier like alt-click or something. I don't want to disable it completely. I just want it to stop popping up every time I click on something.

Agreed entirely. It needs a modifier key, or a on/off toggle in the game settings, or it just needs to be smart and have a single/double click milliseconds timer like any good piece of software that has different contextual actions for a single or double click.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This feature makes me want to throw things. Please make this optional. I don't use, don't want it, and it gets in my way.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪