test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New races to join the Republic

vorin187vorin187 Member Posts: 0
edited February 2014 in Romulan Discussion
I love playing my reman. but the romulan republic is very limited in its playable races. I would ove to see sulubon or Cardasians join the republic. they would add a much needed divercity and new interesting reactions to the federation or the empire. new ship options and clothing options for the new races would be interesting aswell.

I would also like to see more romulan ship layouts. a more reman interier would be fun.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• serenitysalanderserenitysalander Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How about Nero's Modified Mining vessel?
    That was a badass ship in JJ's Trek.
    tumblr_inline_nqn574h3sb1qhuwtq_540.jpg
    Name: Meaghan

Fleets: Tal'Diann, Imperial Romulan Fleet, Axanar Marines, LGBT of Starfleet, House of Ta'al

Characters: Dhivael i'Ratleihfi t'Kamemor (Rom-KDF), Empress Sela(Rom-Fed), V'alkris Morath(Fed), Kara Thrace(Fed), Jaeih Piccolo(Rom-Fed), Ellaria(KDF), Zylim Dukat(Fed)
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    vorin187 wrote: »
    I love playing my reman. but the romulan republic is very limited in its playable races. I would ove to see sulubon or Cardasians join the republic. they would add a much needed divercity and new interesting reactions to the federation or the empire. new ship options and clothing options for the new races would be interesting aswell.

I would also like to see more romulan ship layouts. a more reman interier would be fun.

The Suliban are the most likely since they play a part in the early missions.

Cardassia seems to have been a Federation protectorate since the end of the Dominion War so it's unlikely unless the introduce them as a playable race for all three factions like the Joined Trill. (There's more basis for a multi-faction Cardassian playable species than a Joined Trill given the sample size of one for the Trill.)

More ship interiors and body customization would be nice, but I'm willing to bet that a high degree of customization hasn't been a selling point for Cryptic since Champions Online went zombie and that's why you haven't seen it too often.
    <3
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yriddians (sp?) and Suliban ?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • galr25galr25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cardassians are the 4th faction if they make it to the game , don't expect it in 2014 though.
    When it comes it will be same format as Romulan faction no doubt.

Still even though it might be only a demi faction I can't wait to be a true Cardassian not an alien one.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Corvallens are mercenaries and traders

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Corvallen

that have worked for the Romulans, maybe a few of them would be interested in dealing with independent Romulan colonies and the Republic.;)
    They could be what the Nausicaans are for the Klingons.

In the "Countdown" Comics the Remans had smaller destroyer-like ships

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120827144520/startrek/images/7/78/Reman_warbirds.jpg

http://6.mshcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/star-trek-countdown.jpg

http://www.sith.co.uk/images/stcd01a.jpg

that would certainly need to be drastically reworked to look presentable but hey, everything in those comics looked kinda ugly.

And we know it's possible to convert stuff from those comics into something presentable from another example.

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090204065254/startrek/images/a/a1/Countdown_Online_comparison.jpg
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Cardassian space is way too far from the Romulan Republic to be a good option. And I want to play a Cardy at some point. My main Fed is a Cardassina (Alien).
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited February 2014

technically its already in game. cant use the exact model and origin, since the ship never appeared in anything in its borgified form as the narada in ST 09. the tal shiar adated ships are basically the same ship, just a different base form.
  • mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2014

The only weapons that it appeared to use were the shrapnel torpedoes, it also took all the weapons fire thrown at it, no evidence of any shields. A mining ship is no different from a freighter, the drill unit could have been an add-on.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would very much like to see the Corvallens, Yiridians, and Suliban added to the Republic. Then there would be 5 base species much like how the KDF had 5 species at launch.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would love to be able to play as a Suliban.

I also want Acamarians. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2014
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    Cardassian space is way too far from the Romulan Republic to be a good option.
    Yeah I was gonna point this out.

As for Suliban, thatd be kinda cool, Yridians... well Im meh on them as a race in general but I cant see where itd hurt the game much.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would love to be able to play as a Suliban.

I also want Acamarians. :D

Since Suliban and Acamarian personnel can be obtained as DOffs by Romulans through Recruitment assignments, they would seem to be the logical first choice for additional playable races in the Romulan faction.

As far as the Cardassians, that's already been addressed with reference to the fact of distance and their being under Federation wings as some sort of protectorate, but I would like to add that I hope the Romulan Gameplay doesn't become cluttered up with more efforts to promote the idea of a Cardassian faction.
  • vorin187vorin187 Member Posts: 0
    edited February 2014
    I think it would be itneresting if the Xindi also made an apearence.. all of the varried races would make up many of the lacking races of the republic.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wardcalis wrote: »
    adding all 5 xindi races to the romulans wouldn't work. at least not for the aquatics, insectoids 50/50 on that, but the other 3 would be good. I'd love to make a reptilian

Reptilian could be a varient of the Gorn. Humanoid and Aboreal would be easy to create as one species. Yes, insectoids would be neat, but would require being a separate species.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How about the Garidians, Chalchaj'qmey, Watraii, V'gelnians, etc. (?)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
    edited February 2014
    bltrrn wrote: »
    How about the Garidians, Chalchaj'qmey, Watraii, V'gelnians, etc. (?)

Garidians are from another game so they're impossible.
    V'gelnians are from a 30 year old FASA RPG so they're probably also impossible.
    The Watraii are basically inbred Vulcanoids wo hate the Romulans not sure if they'd be interested in joining the Repblic.
    Also just like the Chalchaj'qmey they're from the novels and I'm not so sure Cryptic can get the rights to them. The Chalchaj'qmey might be even trickier than the Watraii because the novels by Shatner are set in their own little universe (called Shatnerverse) and are not even considered canon to the other Pocket Book novels.

Yeah I know it's confusing and it stinks.
    Canon races are our best bet at this point.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's just a proposal, some of these suggestions seem very inappropriate for Romulans or Remans.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
    edited February 2014
    bltrrn wrote: »
    It's just a proposal, some of these suggestions seem very inappropriate for Romulans or Remans.

No offense was meant.
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Romulans already have access to the alien generator. Join one of the primary factions, if you don't think that's diluting enough. I can't even recruit Romulan DOFFs in the command center, since you got Xeno that invite themselves over. The choices are limited for a reason. And they went too far already. IMHO of course. Obviously there can be zero agreement here. :P

---