test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shipping

waveofthefuturewaveofthefuture Member Posts: 97 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Ten Forward
I am tempted to ship obisek x My captain.

This is bad.
Post edited by waveofthefuture on

Comments

• Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited February 2014

And here I thought we were talking starships...

I'm not a big fan of the "Shipping" (short for "Relationshipping"?)per say, though I've had a few female friend who shipped Data and Picard. :confused::eek:

Careful, though... "shipping" tends to bring out way too much passion in some people...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I ship Obisek/D'tan sometimes.

And I feel that there was a LOT of 7/Janeway subtext in Voyager, although the writers were too chicken to admit it like Xena did.

Yes, I am a Xena fan. Yes, I like the subtext. The subtext is adorable.

Anyway...I don't do much non-canon shipping, unless it's painfully obvious. And I get kind of offended when people ship two characters who canonically hate each others' guts openly.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I could go for a bit of Weasley/Kim.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    waveofthefuturewaveofthefuture Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    I ship Obisek/D'tan sometimes.

And I feel that there was a LOT of 7/Janeway subtext in Voyager, although the writers were too chicken to admit it like Xena did.

Yes, I am a Xena fan. Yes, I like the subtext. The subtext is adorable.

Anyway...I don't do much non-canon shipping, unless it's painfully obvious. And I get kind of offended when people ship two characters who canonically hate each others' guts openly.

I think that I might go try to find some good janeway/seven shipping fiction. That would be cool.
    And yes, it is relationshipping, and I don't think that the player base does it much with this game. :(
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have never shipped anything related to Star Trek. But don't get me started on other franchises. :P

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.