test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

quick-equip is a bust, please remove immediately.

2»

Comments

• wr3knar21wr3knar21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sorry have to disagree with the OP and several others in this thread. I don't find the quick equip feature at all annoying. Its actually quite handy when switching Sci ships for me.
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    More power to the people that actually like Quick-Equip... but I have to chime in support of those finding it clunky and undesirable.

I'd humbly request to have a toggle in the Gameplay option menu that would allow us to turn it on and off.

Please.

Seriously. I really want this.
  • greuceangreucean Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Personally, I don't want it gone. It needs to be there for the people who use it and it also needs an option to be removed for those who don't use it (or don't plan to use it all the time). I can see why it could be helpful for some, yet at the same time.... I don't want or need to fight it every time I click on a damn item.

Plus... it's bugged. Had it spit out items from my ships to my inventory for NO ******N REASON. It would just equip some other item from my bank or even some other ship with me having absolutely no idea what was happening. I would just click on a different ship and ready it and bang... random items in my inventory. Then I would look at the ships and see other items equipped instead of those that were meant to be there. Warp cores and pets mostly. In some cases it would replace an item with another one from another ship and show it saying "item is equipped on another ship".
    TOTAL TRIBBLE UP.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I love it. While the old equip method might've worked fine for a single character, quick equip lets you swap equipment between characters/ships so much easier. I can't believe it took them this long to implement it. Never going back to the old way, personally.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I can see why some people find it annoying, I've found it handy when I wanted to use it, but it is a nuisance when you don't need it and pops up anyway because you didn't get you're double click timing just right, so having an option to have it bound to an activate key would be a plus.
    Will this happen, I doubt it, for the same reason that no effort is being made to change the idiotic changes they made to the quest tracker. Some numbnuts thought it was a good idea, it's working as intended, not going to waste costly coding time looking at it that can be spent designing some new piece of TRIBBLE to stuff in a lockbox, deal with it, end of story.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Change, a STO player's worst nightmare.
    edited February 2014
    Not all change is bad, after years I'm finally able to enjoy playing on my Klingon characters without suffering afterwards with the new color palettes and I like being able to move and resize elements of the UI, I see these as positive changes. The quick change system definitely has it's merits, but it could use some improvement.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't mind it honestly.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    Nope, Disagree, I often like to switch between my various Fleet ground weapons, And this new quick equip automatically swaps the weapons from me and my BOFFs without me having to open up my inventory and manually drag items between multiple trays,

Before i would have to put my weapon in the inventory, then find the BOFF weapon, drag that to the inventory, then to my inventory, then go back to the inventory to give the original weapon to the Officer whom i'm trading with

Being able to access all the items from inventory and those already equipped on officers in one screen is great

In short its a massive time saver, and makes it far simpler to access weapons and armor on the fly

For me it is too hard to keep track of where anything is going. I like to be more certain as to where the item I am about to trade off will end up so I can find it easily later if need be.

I find the OP's problem to be rather annoying as well. I much prefer being able to just quickly empty slots instead of having to fiddle with the stupid box getting in my way pulling items off of Q knows what to slam into the slot I just want to be EMPTY and then leaving me with that bad feeling of "Where did it find this item and will I be missing it later?".

I too would prefer a way to just turn it off but I do not feel it needs to be gotten rid of entirely like the OP did.
    edited February 2014
    The same thing we have with the action bar, when you click on the top right you get a window of skills and there's a check box to lock or unlock it. All they need to do is put a check box up on the status window next to the label "Quick Equip", nothing fancy, just a check box.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • id0liciousid0licious Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Want to buy a "disable" option...

Any sellers?

Devs, you listening?

Don't scrap the whole thing - like I said before, just make it an option for those who dislike it and find it annoying, as I do.
  • therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think its quite annoying too, i just double click stuff in my inventory usually to quick equip.

Please make a toggle to disable it, Its annoying. Thats it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • greuceangreucean Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No word from the devs on this yet?

Well, keep bumpin and bumpin till the option is there....