test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bringing Down The House - Root of the Problem

nihilathonnihilathon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This part keeps bugging up on me where it keeps telling me to "Talk to Farmers" despite talking to the ones that responded with the "I've seen that Romulan!" response, but the next part doesn't trigger. I've tried to ticket a GM about it, but only got an oblivious response on figuring out mission objectives as if I wasn't reading them correctly. It's very frustrating that I can't progress in this mission.
Post edited by nihilathon on

Comments

• oscartgrouchoscartgrouch Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I too am having this issue.

I am guessing that the 2/20 patch bugged it up. Can't be sure because I have not played it since until tonite.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1027551

"The Farmers on the Ketha Lowlands now have voices that match their gender."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spd669spd669 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Having this issue, in 2014, this thread was originally created in 2010.

I waited 15mins changed instances, deleted and remade the character.

What am i supposed to do to pass this mission? I am completely stuck.
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am having this problem as well.
  • nihilathonnihilathon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I too am having this issue.

I am guessing that the 2/20 patch bugged it up. Can't be sure because I have not played it since until tonite.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1027551

"The Farmers on the Ketha Lowlands now have voices that match their gender."

The irony that they fixes the voices of the farmers to then break their mechanic. Because I also noticed in my attempts to progress the missions that even the NPCs east of the farmers respond with their same scripted lines.
    edited February 2014
    spd669 wrote: »
    Having this issue, in 2014, this thread was originally created in 2010.

I waited 15mins changed instances, deleted and remade the character.

What am i supposed to do to pass this mission? I am completely stuck.

Since I've done this mission what seems like hundreds of times in the past before they updated it, the base progression seems the same where you talk to the farmers till one tells you go go to the nearby hills, but it now seems to be bugged where that event doesn't trigger. Thus, leaving us in limbo.
  • elloise88elloise88 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nihilathon wrote: »
    Since I've done this mission what seems like hundreds of times in the past before they updated it, the base progression seems the same where you talk to the farmers till one tells you go go to the nearby hills, but it now seems to be bugged where that event doesn't trigger. Thus, leaving us in limbo.

The mission has been changed, I was running into this issue, myself. It's different from the past. What I had to do now, was after talking to the farmers, I sought out the "Porters" in the SE. After talking to a few of them, one checked off my "Talk to farmers" objective, activating the "Investigate Surveyor Location" objective. The items spawned just fine for me, and I continued on my way. :) Hope that helps!
  • velhymstovelhymsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Confirmed. Talking to Farmers does *not* progress anything, but running down the hill and speaking to Porters does.
  • hosanin#8084 hosanin Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is anyone really surprised here? Why would PWE/Cryptic make sure that something actually worked correctly for the Klingons? All they care about is the Feds, and that is noted in their own bug fixes, updates, the fact klingons have issues from years ago, etc, etc. Don't be surprised if this isn't fixed with the next big patch, if it is then I will be completely surprised :P
    edited February 2014
    velhymsto wrote: »
    Confirmed. Talking to Farmers does *not* progress anything, but running down the hill and speaking to Porters does.

I've even tried talking to them, and it refuses to work for me.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    shadzsword wrote: »
    Is anyone really surprised here? Why would PWE/Cryptic make sure that something actually worked correctly for the Klingons? All they care about is the Feds, and that is noted in their own bug fixes, updates, the fact klingons have issues from years ago, etc, etc. Don't be surprised if this isn't fixed with the next big patch, if it is then I will be completely surprised :P

Sorry but i disagree. I am still waiting a lot of bugs fixed for my 2 feds. And im still waiting for 4 episodes to be fixed so i can play em with my feds. And im still waiting..

I mean, i could go on.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for your reports.

I've confirmed the issue and reported it to the appropriate people. I do not have an E.T.A. for a fix.

I have also confirmed that talking to the three Porters to the South East (located at the platform with all the crates on it) will complete the Talk to the Farmers mission step as a workaround until a fix can be implemented. For those who've played the mission before, the Porters are at the same place where "Talk to the Foreman" occurs.
    STO QA Team
  • ehgatoehgato Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sry for mi english

Hii play this mision yesterday and find something it hope hlp yuo all

when yuo finish talk to lady sirella most go down a lader and see 1 road and 2 field LEFT and Right side , in the mini map is maked the left one with 4 farmers yuo talk to them nothing happens ...

so here i move to the other field and find can talk to the farmers there , at first nothing but then they star to say "i see the romulan" or some thing like that (no minimap update or in the journal)

until i talk to all of them back to the left side and talk there again (nothing change) go to the buildns with lots of crates and also talk there (here not sure with wich one talk) and the minimap and the journal update and the mision continue.

Hope it hlp
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for your reports.

I've confirmed the issue and reported it to the appropriate people. I do not have an E.T.A. for a fix.

I have also confirmed that talking to the three Porters to the South East (located at the platform with all the crates on it) will complete the Talk to the Farmers mission step as a workaround until a fix can be implemented. For those who've played the mission before, the Porters are at the same place where "Talk to the Foreman" occurs.

Part of me wants to go "What devilry is this??" in amusement and curiosity. Because earlier a player suggested the same thing, I tried it with all of them, and it didn't work. But now that you suggested it, I tried it again with all of them, it worked, and I was able to move on w. the mission all the way to the end without another hassle.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    nihilathon wrote: »
    Part of me wants to go "What devilry is this??" in amusement and curiosity. Because earlier a player suggested the same thing, I tried it with all of them, and it didn't work. But now that you suggested it, I tried it again with all of them, it worked, and I was able to move on w. the mission all the way to the end without another hassle.

Good to hear.
    STO QA Team
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This mission runs fine until you get to the point of "Talk to Farmers". Normally, you would get this message from a farmer and then move on to the next step...

I remember seeing the Romulan. He said he was a surveyor hired to architect a new irrigation system...

Look for the Surveyor.

However, after you click Continue, the mission does not update. Talk to Farmers remains in white and the "Investigate Surveyor Location" mission requisite does not apear in the mission log.

This issue has been repeated several times.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • johnbdajohnbda Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All the farmers told me to find the surveyor, the green circle on the map showed the location, but i had to go around the other side of the residence and talk to two more farmers before the mission moved on ...wasted SO much time, grrrr...
  • tjratlifftjratliff Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ok got it to work talk to one of the porters till it progresses......funny the porters respond like farmers till you get the right one....wish they would fix this.
  • jowolf18jowolf18 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I got it to work by going to the farmers on the other side of the building where Lady Sirella is standing and it progressed me to find the surveyor. I didn't have to talk to any "Porters".
  • lexintonlexinton Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thank you those of you that mentioned the porters. I would've completely given up on this stupid mission if not for you. though after wasting an hour due to this bug... I almost wish I did. anyway, someone needs to add the extremely useful information about the porters too the wiki. actually I think I will myself.
  • neillbneillb Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    For me, the game glitches at "Investigate Surveyor Location." I can hear the sound of the equipment on the hill, but there's a tree where it should be. I can't talk to any of the porters.