test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Avenger feedback request

tubbydorftubbydorf Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Hello Everyone, this may well by my first post so I will try to keep it succinct. I am here soliciting suggestions for my Fleet Avenger. I recently parsed my dps and was pulling 10k in Infected Space Elite. But, I am thinking that I may possibly have left some more dps on the table.

This is an A2B build, PvE. I got lucky with the Galor Cruiser when I first came back to the game 6 months ago, so I leaned that direction (Spiral Wave Disruptors) before fully understanding all the new changes to the game.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=spiraldisa2bavenger_0

Queries:

I've got a Cutting Beam and a Torp. Should I drop one or the other for another Beam Array?
I have the assimilated Subtrans Engine that I could put back on; I added the MACO Engine for the +25% torp bonus and what looked like better stats.

I'm on the fence with the VATA console. I'd appreciate suggestions on what to replace it with, if anything.

My DOFFs are posted in the notes section, I would also appreciate suggestions on DOFFS for improved damage output.

Thank you all in advance.
Post edited by tubbydorf on

Comments

• baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    what you need is a marion doff and DEM2 or 3
    possibly also a TBR1 with the voth doff or (even without) since TBR does even without high aux power considerable kinetic dmg.

aux2sif in combo with aux2batt is worthless...replace it with RSP, or follow my advice above.

consoles you may wanna aquire: tachyokinetic and nukara console.
    Go pro or go home
  • corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi,

If getting one of the two consoles aren't high on your priority I would move one of the engineering consoles down to science and add another fleet level nuet console for survivability. I have the Tack and nukara console and though I am sure it makes a difference in the long run I think your just as well off with what you have. The Vata console is fine in PVE but PVP (including Ker'rat its pretty worthless. Furthermore, depending on your choice of game play (PVE or PVP) you may wanna ditch the torps altogether and add another beam array.

As for doffs three tech (cool down) doffs and one marion works wonders.
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yay for loading out builds fast with their new system!

For PVE: swap out VATA for either Tachkyokinetic or Nukara Particle Converter console

How are your Critical Hits & Critical Severity looking along with your accuracy in space?

For PVP: Ditch VATA and use Nukara console and ditch the torp to get another beam or maybe a Dual Beam Bank.

I'd also get some PH or TBR to counteract tractor beams in PVP.

Here's my Fleet Avenger build for AntiProtons for ideas: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=fedjoinedtrillengfleetavenger_99

DOFFs are all purple and I have 6 slotted when I run this:
    1 Conn Officer for TT cooldown
    1 Projectile Officer for torp cooldown
    1 Energy Weapon Officer for beams cooldown
    2 Damage Control Engineers for Emergency Power cooldown
    1 Warp Core Engineer for chance to add +25 to all power systems when using emergency power abilities

The trick to this build is having at least 100 in all power systems at any given time but mostly to weapons and shields. So sci BOFF slots are just for plasma burn and tractor beam counterpoint.
  • tubbydorftubbydorf Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank you for the suggestions. I will give them a try. And just for clarification; TBR - Tractor Beam Repulsors... or was it something else?

Crit rate in Combat Space is showing as 15.9% in the ship status window
    Accuracy is 25%
    Crit Dam is 60%
  • coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    TBR is that: Tractor Beam Repulsors

If your fleet has a high enough Romulan embassy, get the Rom BOFFs for tac for this: Superior Romulan Operative.
  • tubbydorftubbydorf Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Excellent advice, thank you again!
  • amaresh1amaresh1 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    One thing that I found new is cruiser commands. The cool down these abilities is very short so I am experimenting running the weapons command all the time since it dramatically reduces your weapons drain. The Aux to Battery build is pretty well understood at this point. Here is the summary as I know it.

Weapons: Cutting beam and either 6x Fleet Antiprotons XII 1x 360 antiproton dyson beam. or 7x Romulan Plasma Hybrids XII. Can also run other stuff if they are beams.

Warp Core: Fleet with AMP or The one that comes with the Spire mission.

Set: Most Traditional is Borg x 2 with the Fleet Elite Shield. (You have flexibility, I run Omega with the Romulan engine.)

Consoles: Plasmonic Leach (Must have) , Nukara, Borg, Zero Point, 2x Flow Caps from Embassy that increase plasmas damage and adds proc, and 4 x Spire tac consoles

Boffs Traits: 2x Superior Romulan Operatives Tactical (From Embassey) 1 x Pirate Science (Get from Being an Ambassador), 2 x Efficient Engineers.

Doffs: 3 x Technicians 1 Marion 1 Whatever you you want. I run a con officer that increases accuracy when tact team is enables.

BOFF Skills; BFAW, APB or APO, TT, Aux to Battx2, DEM, Polorize hull, HE, Emergency power to Shields, Emergency Power to Weapons.