test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO: Ship Planning Assistant

yamashiro1yamashiro1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Academy
Hello community.

I originally put this in the Fed shipyard section of the forum but someone suggested that I post it here.

I have a little creation I made up that I want to share with you. I played STO back in the early days in beta and then after it went live. I hit max level and quit after a couple of months. Now 2-3 years later I have returned to find a lot of new stuff in the game and there is a lot to look at especially around managing your ship. So with that in mind and because I found myself in a place where I had a lot of free time but not much ability to actually play (or do anything else) I decided to make up a tool to help me manage my ship(s).

Presenting the: "Star Trek Online Ship Planning Assistant" (intro version)

What it is:

This tool is designed to help you manage your ship and bridge officer assignments as well as help you compare equipment amongst all the space item sets out there. This tool is designed for end game and thus only the highest end game items are included and the tier 5 end game ships.

How it works:

Basically it is a database of in game ships, bridge officer abilities and space item set details. The parts that the user is to fill in are coloured light grey. The rest is automated.

1) You can download it from the links at the bottom or here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5Y4PweG9K0ObmpQLXRPdG5ZUE0&usp=sharing

2) First of all you need to select your faction and then your ship which is found in Section 1. Once this is complete the stats for the ship you selected will appear in the spread sheet. This can help you look at the different ships and their stats as well as serve as the basis for the rest of the planning tool.

3) Once you have selected your ship you then need to input in your bridge officer details which are found in Section 2. This will be a bit of a manual process but there are drop down menus to help you fill in the details.

4) Once this is done then you are able to setup and change your bridge crews. This is done in section 3. There are three bridge crew option sets that allow you to compare different setups against each other or just record down what each setup is for so that you can easily refer back to the settings in the spread sheet and change them in game. This hopefully makes bridge officer management easier.

5) The last section of the planner helps you compare 2 space sets side by side to see that differences. I built this to help me understand the sets in more detail and to be able to compare them.

Future Plans:

Depending on how much time I have I plan to add more to this tool later and improve on it. I plan on looking at DOFFs next and seeing if I can add them in as well. Later I would like to get into the details around weapon and gear setups but that will take time given the vast number of options out there. For now the tool should help with basics at least. Enjoy and feel free to provide any feedback.

Disclaimers:
1) all data from sourced from the Wiki and it was the best that was available.
2) while I have checked this application as much as I can there are bound to be bugs and errors so let me know if you find any.

Enjoy,

Mirei Narumia

Post edited by yamashiro1 on

Comments

• yamashiro1yamashiro1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Apologies for that... not sure what happened.

Try this:

I have also updated the main post as well.
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    using google sheets I will try excel now but in google sheets the only drop down selector I get is faction everything else is appearing as type in so macro's not crossing over.

just checked excel vlookup has no data so all cells are N/A and faction is the only dropdown selector.
    edited February 2014
    It is probably best to download it and use it in your PC. It should work. Let me know if you have any issues.
    edited February 2014
    Anyone having any issues with using this after you download it?

Any feedback?

I hope you are enjoying it.
  • heartsinatlantisheartsinatlantis Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Has anyone seen my BORG CUBE? It's cubical, big and eats federation ships. \
    Anyway the devs said they're planning on introducing them in the near future.
    edited February 2014
    Hello all.

I have amended and fixed up the Ship Planning Assistant over the last few days with the following enhancements:

1) tier 5 cross faction ship data has been added in
    2) duty officer data and types have been added in allowing for you to plan your ship out better.

You can find it here alongside the original so feel free to download it:

Have fun.
  • deianirrahdeianirrah Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Very nice, a few Duty Officers seem to be missing (Gravimetric Scientist and Entertainer) but apart from that, a very nice table. Not sure if adding Skills (and their effects on particular sets) would make it too complex but would be something I look for. The

Skill Effects Table from Amicus might be useful in such an endeavour.

Good work so far! :)

Taskforce 47 Falkenwacht (Federation) / Greifenreiter (KDF)
    (at) deianirrah
    Free Gear and where to get it
  • tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can't seem to make it work.

I was able to choose the faction and a ship, but everything below shows N/A and not sure what would be next step.

Btw, I'm using open office 3.4.1
  • fakefivefakefive Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kudos for doing this OP. i look forward to future updates
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Check out this video on ground medics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C4p9-1Jrjs
  • jarvisbasknightjarvisbasknight Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Great looking layout. Google is unable to open in sheets to edit and downloading and opening in excel has issues, Faction and Ship contains data, the rest are all #NA.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    what program should I be running to make this work after I have downloaded it?
    edited February 2014
    All thanks for the comments here are some answers.

1. It is best to download from Google docs and use it your PC. That is the best way.

2. If you are seeing #N/A after entering in and selecting the bridge and duty officers try to press F9 it will refresh the sheet and calculate everything.

3. Entertainer is there under the "civilian" officer type. Gravimetric scientist is missing though and I will have to add it. Thanks for letting me know.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Has anyone seen my BORG CUBE? It's cubical, big and eats federation ships. \
    Anyway the devs said they're planning on introducing them in the near future.
    Well, this seemingly useless and off-topic post came in handy!!

I was trying to find the threads this guy started today using the search tool. Turns out they've all been DELETED! Rightly so, but the forum search showed that be'd posted in this thread, which I missed completely. I've been recording this kind of stuff by hand recently so that I can tweak while setups while I can't play, so the title caught my eye.

Very nice!!!!

Is it in the plans to be able to enter multiple equipment sets (Dyson Set & Protonic Arsenal for example) or mix-and-match set pieces (MACO Deflector & Engine with Solanae Shield & Warp Core with Protonic Arsenal for example)? A "Summary" field that compiles all the modifiers would be handy, too.

In the meantime, this is great! Thank you for all thd hard work you've put into this!!

And thanks fo heartsinatlantis for leading me here... I guess...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    its still n/a here only dropdown I get is faction everything else is blank

downloaded it and opened it and with excel 2010 professional.

and still n/a

and refreshed it and it doesn't changed.

thanks