test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For Sale - Tier 1 Starbase and Dilithium Mine

chivalrybeanchivalrybean Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Earth Spacedock
The Dilithium Mining Consortium built a fully armed and operational tier 1 starbase and dilithium mine.

All projects for tier 1 have been completed and upgrades unlocked.

Upon sale, full control of the fleet will be passed onto the buyer. The current members of the DMC can be allowed to stay or booted as per the order of the new leader. They will be compensated for their efforts in building the starbase as predetermined by the fleet before they joined.

Energy credits and lockbox keys are accepted for payment. A combination of the two is allowed. Current key price on the exchange is 1.8 million, but at the time of the sale of the starbase, the key price at the current time will be the value used.

The starting bid is 325,000,000 energy credits

Bidding will be open until 8pm PST March 10th. Any bids placed after that will be invalid.

At the time of sale, the transfer will be recorded and streamed live over Twitch.tv (or Google Hangout) to discourage fraud and give confidence to the buyer.

Place bids below in the comments!
Chewson Pwan - VA
S.S. Doff Lundgren
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by chivalrybean on

Comments

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i hope ToS regulation 15.j isnt an issue here.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • chivalrybeanchivalrybean Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I asked BranFlakes, and trading in-game items (starbase) for in-game items (EC or keys) is not a violation.
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i hope ToS regulation 15.j isnt an issue here.

I suspect since it's being traded for in-game currency, it probably won't be.

I'd say there's a moral issue at stake however, since the OP says that the current fleet members "can be allowed to stay or be booted", which to me suggests that they're either unaware or have not been consulted on this "sale", otherwise i'm pretty sure they'd be of the opinion that if the OP is leaving the fleet, control should pass to one of them instead.

I could be wrong, of course.

Also, the Dilithium Mining Consortium? Why not the Andorian Mining Consortium?

They run from no-one.

So I hear.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    I'd say there's a moral issue at stake however, since the OP says that the current fleet members "can be allowed to stay or be booted", which to me suggests that they're either unaware or have not been consulted on this "sale", otherwise i'm pretty sure they'd be of the opinion that if the OP is leaving the fleet, control should pass to one of them instead.

thats part of the reason i brought it up, are the fleet members aware of the sale? have they already been compensated and know whats coming? or have they been sold down the river by a fleet leader who is looking to cash in on 300m EC to switch control to someone else and their hard work was undone when the new leader wants them kicked out?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited February 2014
    thats part of the reason i brought it up, are the fleet members aware of the sale? have they already been compensated and know whats coming? or have they been sold down the river by a fleet leader who is looking to cash in on 300m EC to switch control to someone else and their hard work was undone when the new leader wants them kicked out?

Everyone who joined the fleet did so to build then sell, and as stated, they will be paid their share of the sale (based on the leaderboards).
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Everyone who joined the fleet did so to build then sell, and as stated, they will be paid their share of the sale (based on the leaderboards).

Ah right, I see.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited February 2014

you can pay me 100,000,000 to make me take it from you :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'll buy it for 1,000,000,000,000,000,000... EC! :P
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Dilithium Mining Consortium built a fully armed and operational tier 1 starbase and dilithium mine.

All projects for tier 1 have been completed and upgrades unlocked.

Upon sale, full control of the fleet will be passed onto the buyer. The current members of the DMC can be allowed to stay or booted as per the order of the new leader. They will be compensated for their efforts in building the starbase as predetermined by the fleet before they joined.

Energy credits and lockbox keys are accepted for payment. A combination of the two is allowed. Current key price on the exchange is 1.8 million, but at the time of the sale of the starbase, the key price at the current time will be the value used.

Bidding will be open until 8pm PST March 10th. Any bids placed after that will be invalid.

At the time of sale, the transfer will be recorded and streamed live over Twitch.tv (or Google Hangout) to discourage fraud and give confidence to the buyer.

Place bids below in the comments!
    I don't wish to burst your bubble here, but Tier 2 fleets go for a lot less than that.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
    edited February 2014
    I'll buy it for 1,000,000,000,000,000,000... EC! :P

First bid accepted.

The proper way to do that joke is

Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    I don't wish to burst your bubble here, but Tier 2 fleets go for a lot less than that.

But they they have a full dilithium mine?

I used the cost of all the input items as a base price.

What do tier 2 starbases go for?
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I want to point out that just unlocking the upgrades does not make a SB Tx, in this case T1. Finishing the upgrade makes it T1. What you really are selling is a T0 SB with the potential of being T1 very soon.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
    edited February 2014
    All upgrades on the Starbase and the Mine are completed. There are no upgrades available to slot at this time.
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can you take a screenshot of each holding like other people do that sell them? I'd like to see what it looks like.
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jumpingjs wrote: »

Can you show me a site or where people are selling those kinds of fleets?