test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If I don't have Mk XII Dyson pieces by anniverary end?

thorlin325thorlin325 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
I am not sure if I am going to get a couple of alts leveled in time to get the Mk XII Dyson items from the Anniversary event. I have the three piece set, but they are Mk IV. Will the event be available after the end just to run for the gear? Thanks!
Post edited by thorlin325 on

Comments

• puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thorlin325 wrote: »
    I am not sure if I am going to get a couple of alts leveled in time to get the Mk XII Dyson items from the Anniversary event. I have the three piece set, but they are Mk IV. Will the event be available after the end just to run for the gear? Thanks!

the gear will always be available.. the ships will only be available once a year from what it looks like.. so yes, you will be able to get your mkxii gear..
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What pieces is he talking about? The items other than the warp core comes from the mission.

The warp core is the only thing that comes from the ships which cost the 1k.

The Dyson weapons and the better items from rep will be available always because it's a permanent reputation system.

So I'm a bit at a loss for what he's talking about.
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hes talking about the 3 pieces you get for completing the mission..
  • paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What pieces is he talking about? The items other than the warp core comes from the mission.

The warp core is the only thing that comes from the ships which cost the 1k.

The Dyson weapons and the better items from rep will be available always because it's a permanent reputation system.

So I'm a bit at a loss for what he's talking about.

He is talking about the mission pieces, which as you say are permanent mission pieces, the only reward that is removed from that is Qmendations for first play
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    hes talking about the 3 pieces you get for completing the mission..

which is technically the "solanae Set" and not the "dyson set" which means thats likely why the other poster was talking about the rep items for some reason.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There a two things that you get with the ship, the core and the secondary deflector.
    These will not be available once the event ends.
    The core is part of the 4 part set with the shields engines and primary deflector that you get repeating the event mission and these can be replaced with the Dyson rep versions or any other you like.
    The Secondary Deflector is the important part that is part of a 4 part set that goes with the C-Store 3-pack 3 console set.
    That is likely to cause a stink when the event is over and the event ship is no longer available, unless they change the rewards after the event to include the secondary deflector and the Warp/Singularity cores, that I think is the only way they could avoid the ragestorm that will come from offering C-Store ships with console sets that can't be completed otherwise.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    There a two things that you get with the ship, the core and the secondary deflector.
    These will not be available once the event ends.
    The core is part of the 4 part set with the shields engines and primary deflector that you get repeating the event mission and these can be replaced with the Dyson rep versions or any other you like.
    The Secondary Deflector is the important part that is part of a 4 part set that goes with the C-Store 3-pack 3 console set.
    That is likely to cause a stink when the event is over and the event ship is no longer available.

I heard from a fleetmate that the secondary deflector has been added to the rewards of a Step between the stars, meaning only the warp core is missing.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the dyson kit can be got any time, but the solanae kit can probably be gotten any time as well through the mission rewards, as long as you have the original sci destroyer from the qmendations, you can also get the secondary deflector and warp core from the dilthium store under the reclaim tab, its probably bop though.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Once the event ends, the Anniversary Dyson ship (and it's special items) will be going into the Lobi Store in March. So as long as you shell out 600 Lobi, you can get it at any time after March 11th, I believe.

The shield, engines and deflector stay as mission rewards for the FE.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Three pieces of the Solanae Hybrid Technologies Set (Impulse, Shield and Deflector) will remain as mission awards for the 8.5 FE after the anniversary is over, the only thing lost will be the Warp(and/or Sing.) core which comes on the Dyson Science Destroyer itself..... this will be available by buying via the Lobi store once the anniversary is over.
  • thorlin325thorlin325 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the information! And I am sorry I incorrectly called them Dyson, and not Solanae....my mistake. I have a Romulan and Klingon alt that I am leveling, and I finished getting the qmendations to get the ships, so I have the ships in my inventory., ..I had a feeling the story mission was going to stick around after the anniversary is over, but wanted to make sure. Thanks again!
    edited February 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    I heard from a fleetmate that the secondary deflector has been added to the rewards of a Step between the stars, meaning only the warp core is missing.

Not correct

the dyson kit can be got any time, but the solanae kit can probably be gotten any time as well through the mission rewards, as long as you have the original sci destroyer from the qmendations, you can also get the secondary deflector and warp core from the dilthium store under the reclaim tab, its probably bop though.

The reclaim is just that, a reclaim, so you have to have the anniversary destroyer already so it wont work.
    johngazman wrote: »
    Once the event ends, the Anniversary Dyson ship (and it's special items) will be going into the Lobi Store in March. So as long as you shell out 600 Lobi, you can get it at any time after March 11th, I believe.

The shield, engines and deflector stay as mission rewards for the FE.

This is correct, although if anyone hasnt got the ship yet but has started the project if you can get the lobi now the Qmendation packs will work out cheaper.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Or you could just wait till whatever the next Qmendation-based event is, since they said they'd be reusable in the future. Get 720 now and the project slotted now, next event rolls around, drop in the other 280 and go. No lobi required.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Or you could just wait till whatever the next Qmendation-based event is, since they said they'd be reusable in the future. Get 720 now and the project slotted now, next event rolls around, drop in the other 280 and go. No lobi required.

But with the dyson ship from the 4th anniversary event going into the lobi store, it most likely won't be available next year and next year will probably be a new ship. From the looks of things they don't bring back previous ships for the anniversary event. Instead they go into the game locked behind something such as a fleet holding sometime after the anniversary event ends.
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    But with the dyson ship from the 4th anniversary event going into the lobi store, it most likely won't be available next year and next year will probably be a new ship. From the looks of things they don't bring back previous ships for the anniversary event. Instead they go into the game locked behind something such as a fleet holding sometime after the anniversary event ends.
    While it might be a new ship next year they're going to keep using qmendations for other events in the future. That means you can leave your current event unfinished and then use future qmendations to finish it; as well as get the next event item.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    *snip*
    That is likely to cause a stink when the event is over and the event ship is no longer available, unless they change the rewards after the event to include the secondary deflector and the Warp/Singularity cores, that I think is the only way they could avoid the ragestorm that will come from offering C-Store ships with console sets that can't be completed otherwise.

The C-Store's Dyson Ship Secondary Deflectors are pretty bad. That will only make the scenario more interesting. It has the alternate effects, but absolutely no other bonuses whatsoever.
    tekehd wrote: »
    Three pieces of the Solanae Hybrid Technologies Set (Impulse, Shield and Deflector) will remain as mission awards for the 8.5 FE after the anniversary is over, the only thing lost will be the Warp(and/or Sing.) core which comes on the Dyson Science Destroyer itself..... this will be available by buying via the Lobi store once the anniversary is over.

I had not heard of the Solanae Warp / Singularity Core and Solanae Secondary Deflector being available after the event is over. Only if you had the anniversary ship, and even then, you can reclaim it from the dil store if you owned that ship on that toon, and the C-Store ships don't count.
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited February 2014
    The C-Store's Dyson Ship Secondary Deflectors are pretty bad. That will only make the scenario more interesting. It has the alternate effects, but absolutely no other bonuses whatsoever.

I had not heard of the Solanae Warp / Singularity Core and Solanae Secondary Deflector being available after the event is over. Only if you had the anniversary ship, and even then, you can reclaim it from the dil store if you owned that ship on that toon, and the C-Store ships don't count.

Both available on the then purchasable Anniversary ship costing 600 Lobi.
  • drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    That means you can leave your current event unfinished and then use future qmendations to finish it; as well as get the next event item.

I really hope it works out like this.

I gave up doing the dailies for all my characters, because I have 21 characters. Because I am an idiot. I never thought I would hope that they DON'T make more factions, but there it is.

So I just did the FE (for the 400 Qmendations) with all of them, slotted the project and am now REALLY hoping that I don't want the 5th anniversary ship, whatever it is.

Still, that's a whole year I've got to grind the dil to buy the keys to open the lockboxes to get the lobi to buy the Qmendation packages (see also: 'not doing dailies with all my characters').

Reminds me of the old lady who swallowed the fly.

I just keep telling myself: This way, it's free. Seems to be working well so far. ;)
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I really hope it works out like this.

I gave up doing the dailies for all my characters, because I have 21 characters. Because I am an idiot. I never thought I would hope that they DON'T make more factions, but there it is.

So I just did the FE (for the 400 Qmendations) with all of them, slotted the project and am now REALLY hoping that I don't want the 5th anniversary ship, whatever it is.

Still, that's a whole year I've got to grind the dil to buy the keys to open the lockboxes to get the lobi to buy the Qmendation packages (see also: 'not doing dailies with all my characters').

Reminds me of the old lady who swallowed the fly.

I just keep telling myself: This way, it's free. Seems to be working well so far. ;)
    It's kinda important to keep in mind that you don't need the ship on every character. The dyson science destroyer is primarily a science ship. It's really not all that helpful on most of your characters; especially the free t5 version.

If you find that you must have the new ship on all your characters you'd be far better off to just grind the dilithium and buy the ships so all your characters, and future characters, can use them rather then trying to grind it out for each of your 21 characters.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Wow, I thought I had a lot with 12. lol
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014

The anniversary ships will be made available from the lobi store for 600 lobi once the Anniversary event is over. It should be noted this is more than what qmendation packs will cost you, so effectively the price will go up once the event is over and it is cheaper to queue the event now and buy qmendation packages than wait for the lobi store one to pop.