test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Battles channel (Got Canon?)

Comments

• trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So basically, this is an RP channel? Or rather, a combat channel with a bit of RP mixed in?

Yes... I suppose it would be.

Some ideas that I would throw around is like an "Attack Pattern Run" which would be something along the lines of APR Cappa... sci ship goes in first with 2 cruisers debuff the target get the aggro then the tacs come in and rain down their payload.

This would require communication prior to going in but all in good STO fun =)
  • ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This sounds like quite a cool idea,

Couple of things tho...

Might be cool if it was just faction specific ships to go along with the faction specific energy type,

I understand wanting to use torpedoes but the idea of using an aft torpedo is just awful IMO.

/\
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm at @talonvx

Question, Are dual beam banks allowed for say an ody? I was planning:
    Front
    X2 beam array
    Dual beam bank
    Quantum torpedo
    Rear:
    X2 beam array
    Quantum mine
    Quantum torp

Or

Front& rear
    X2 Beam array
    Photon torpedo
    Quantum torpedo
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    edited February 2014
    ussboleyn wrote: »
    This sounds like quite a cool idea,

Couple of things tho...

Might be cool if it was just faction specific ships to go along with the faction specific energy type,

I understand wanting to use torpedoes but the idea of using an aft torpedo is just awful IMO.

I think your first point was one of the points I made in the initial post. Fed use phasers and so on.

Having the torpedo in the aft is something that most ships had as they were constantly moving in circles and would fire aft torpedos when they would end a run.
    edited February 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    I'm at @talonvx

Question, Are dual beam banks allowed for say an ody? I was planning:
    Front
    X2 beam array
    Dual beam bank
    Quantum torpedo
    Rear:
    X2 beam array
    Quantum mine
    Quantum torp

Or

Front& rear
    X2 Beam array
    Photon torpedo
    Quantum torpedo

I'd think so... I think ships had mines as well so why not. As we get some runs in we will figure what works with all. I personally would go for 2nd config but that's me. I still want this to be fun for all.

I would like to start running some of these STB's today so we can have a chat to see what everyones feeling.

What I have running on my MVAE is 3 phaser beam array 1 quant in the front with 2 phaser beam array 1 photon in the back.

Ill see you in game, ill send invite when I log on later... a work atm =/
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    trizeo1 wrote: »
    I'd think so... I think ships had mines as well so why not. As we get some runs in we will figure what works with all. I personally would go for 2nd config but that's me. I still want this to be fun for all.

I would like to start running some of these STB's today so we can have a chat to see what everyones feeling.

What I have running on my MVAE is 3 phaser beam array 1 quant in the front with 2 phaser beam array 1 photon in the back.

Ill see you in game, ill send invite when I log on later... a work atm =/

I may not make it in tonight. I have a welding class from 5pm to 10pm EST but I would love to come try this out. And I'll go more with the second build.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Send me an invite as well... @dvsaris

Will spread the word in my fleet, should get 5 or 6 more folks interested at the very least. Pulled out my Fleet Galaxy aggro/heal/support boat last night... she'll do great for this.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Given how the DPSers have pretty much ruined STFs, I'm very much up for this. Username minus the 78.
    edited February 2014
    I may not make it in tonight. I have a welding class from 5pm to 10pm EST but I would love to come try this out. And I'll go more with the second build.

We will see you when we see you in game =)
    dsaris wrote: »
    Send me an invite as well... @dvsaris

Will spread the word in my fleet, should get 5 or 6 more folks interested at the very least. Pulled out my Fleet Galaxy aggro/heal/support boat last night... she'll do great for this.

Awesome! Still love the Galaxy. Anyone is welcome all I ask for is that we do this for fun... I mentioned there will be guidelines/rules but I think everyone that has posted here gets where I'm trying to go with this.
    Given how the DPSers have pretty much ruined STFs, I'm very much up for this. Username minus the 78.

I still do speed runs when I'm short on time but with the quick switch feature it's made it easy to switch from STB to STF's... will send invite later this afternoon.
  • ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So this is faction specific ships only?

No lock box ship?

/\
    edited February 2014
    ussboleyn wrote: »
    So this is faction specific ships only?

No lock box ship?

I think it would be allowed as mentioned tho the MK of the weapon would have to be on par with everyone elses.
    edited February 2014

Hello @talonxv

FYI tried to send the invite but your email box is full

Contact me in game if you'd like

trizeo@trizeo1

thanks
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This could be fun, feel free to invite me @dragonsbrethren.

I assume distruptors + plasma torps will be acceptible on a canon Romulan build? I've got a full set of mk XIs from before I upgraded to Romulan plasma. I mean, getting Mk XI plasma wouldn't be a big deal, but I kinda want to run disruptors for extra authenticity.

What about turrets? We never seen anything like them in the series IIRC. Just beams and cannons. Not sure what to throw on the back of a Mogai without them, they never fired beams in the movie.

What tier ships should we be in? I've got a retrofit and fleet Mogai - guessing I should continue using fleet for the extra survivability, since it'll be an issue?
  • minerkminerk Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is a Recluse Carrier with tetryon beams and Elite Mesh Weavers allowed? ;)
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sounds like a great idea. :)

Would you allow upgunned, canon, lower tier ships as well?

Things like the free Tier 3 Galaxy, Intrepid, Akira, etc...?
    edited February 2014
    This could be fun, feel free to invite me @dragonsbrethren.

I assume distruptors + plasma torps will be acceptible on a canon Romulan build? I've got a full set of mk XIs from before I upgraded to Romulan plasma. I mean, getting Mk XI plasma wouldn't be a big deal, but I kinda want to run disruptors for extra authenticity.

What about turrets? We never seen anything like them in the series IIRC. Just beams and cannons. Not sure what to throw on the back of a Mogai without them, they never fired beams in the movie.

What tier ships should we be in? I've got a retrofit and fleet Mogai - guessing I should continue using fleet for the extra survivability, since it'll be an issue?

I think the disruptors and plasma torps will be fine. We would still have to see what your dps is running the MK XI's but last night we had a group of 3 with one running still MX XII's but had NO consoles and had his power levels balanced so I'm sure that decreased his dps. We did SB24 and it WAS FUN!

As a suggestion for your rear, I would put 2 plasma torps and turrets? Not sure what they put in the rear TBH but we can see what works.

Will send you an invite when I'm in game next - thanks

The tier of ship can be ANY of your choice. I'm running the fleet MVAE, all we are changing is the tactics and dps output which I think should be around the 5k mark. I did a tau dewa patrol in Beta Thor and a team mate parsed me at 6k+... we ran it again and I did not use any buffs and clocked in at 2k+. I'm also still using all fleet/rep/consoles for the survivability.
    edited February 2014
    minerk wrote: »
    Is a Recluse Carrier with tetryon beams and Elite Mesh Weavers allowed? ;)

As mentioned anyone can fly what they want we would just have to tweak your dps is all =)

O... it IS fun... well for me anyways.

we would just need again to adjust the dps output which can be done by taking away consoles or managing power levels.

End goal is to work as a team to reach the objective of that particular run, fly your ships (NO PARK N' SHOOT) and most importantly have fun.

If you would like invites leave your @handles here and I will send them when I'm in game next.

thanks
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you would like invites leave your @handles here and I will send them when I'm in game next.

cool. :) that would be @fraghul2000
  • risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm in. Sounds like fun to run my Galaxy-X that way.

It'll have to be Monday, sometime after 1430 MST (-7 GMT).

@risingstar2009 for the invite.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited February 2014

A geared up lower tier ship with a good Captain can perform quite well in STFs. The Sao Paolo in particular is very nasty.
  • inputend21inputend21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I want in,@InputEnd.
    This sounds like a great venture! :D
    edited February 2014
    cool. :) that would be @fraghul2000
    I'm in. Sounds like fun to run my Galaxy-X that way.

It'll have to be Monday, sometime after 1430 MST (-7 GMT).

@risingstar2009 for the invite.
    inputend21 wrote: »
    I want in,@InputEnd.
    This sounds like a great venture! :D

Will be sending invites this evening.

I will be purchasing the Galaxy X & Defiant for this very venture soon as there is a ship sale.

See you all in game
  • madmanmoonmadmanmoon Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is awesome - count me in!

I can drydock my Romulan Plasma Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier for a while and bring out my gorgeous Galaxy X to play!

@madmanmoon is my in-game handle.

Thanks!
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sounds like a blast. I keep a few ships with canon weapons, no fleet and no rep gear for various canon-geared PvP events.

Count me in @sander233
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
    edited February 2014
    sander233 wrote: »
    Sounds like a blast. I keep a few ships with canon weapons, no fleet and no rep gear for various canon-geared PvP events.

Count me in @sander233

Awesome.. will add you when I'm in game next.

See you in game!
  • kthokakthoka Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sounds like fun! Add me to the list: @josephus_daniels
    Qapla' Balth 'je!

K'thoka, House of Kular
    K'Pamoc, United Federation of Planets
    edited February 2014
    kthoka wrote: »
    Sounds like fun! Add me to the list: @josephus_daniels

It will be more fun once we get more involved.

Look for an email from me with further info tonight.

See you in game and I look forward to flying with all of you!
  • kyox626kyox626 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am a new player that just hit 50 last night and this sounds like a great idea to me. Though I still no literally nothing about the game I am hesitant to join in until I could be more useful, in the mean time I am starting a sci toon, as going back and watching DS9 makes me want to be a trill or bajoran
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hmm, this sounds like a good idea, count me in!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Send me an invite?
    @Timelord_Victorious
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg