test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 Dev Blog #53

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Lead Content Designer Charles Gray shares details about the eighth and final Spire Featured Project in this entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Here are some before and after images that I took for this specific project*:

Image 1 - Before

Image 1 - After

Image 2 - Before
    Image 2 - After

*Note: Visuals from some of the past unlocks may be present in these screens, but they would be present in both the 'before' and 'after' photos.

~CaptainSmirk
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    400 "bad request" for me from your nginx server.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nice work! I've been waiting for that one since I've seen the spire for the first time.
    edited February 2014
    syberghost wrote: »

Who shot who in the what now?

Try Ctrl+F5 to refresh+clear your cache

What link was taking you to that?
  • crash490rcrash490r Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Got the same thing here.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a picture of a 400 page that smirk uploaded.

lol.
    LTS Since 2012
    do1ao9.jpg
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Who shot who in the what now?

Try Ctrl+F5 to refresh+clear your cache

What link was taking you to that?

Did. All four.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So what does it do? Does it bear fruit? Does it serve Vaal?
    edited February 2014
    Did. All four.

Are you using Chrome? We can't reproduce this issue, they are all coming through on our end. Try viewing the webpage in Firefox. If it comes through, then it is your cache in Chrome causing the prob.
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    crash490r wrote: »
    Got the same thing here.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a picture of a 400 page that smirk uploaded.

lol.

I typically have to clear my browsing data about once a month in order to keep the Error 400's away.

On Chrome, go to Tools -> Clear Browsing Data -> check the boxes for "Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data" and "Empty the cache", and click "Clear Browsing Data".

It only seems to work if I do both of those, one or the other doesn't quite pull it off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • kingsporekingspore Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I always have trouble with the images giving me 400 messages all over the site always. I use chrome but I'll try clearing my cache later.
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Are you using Chrome? We can't reproduce this issue, they are all coming through on our end. Try viewing the webpage in Firefox. If it comes through, then it is your cache in Chrome causing the prob.

Seriously, PWE's web people need to really work on this, because your servers are the only ones I have issues with loading images in chrome. And while you can tell me 'oh clear your cache and that should resolve the issue.' I should NOT have to do this all the bloody time just to view content on your site. This is primarily an issue on your end so I submit that they really need to step up and make the site work for everyone all the time, especially if you are going to be transitioning to this arcgames stuff (whole other can of worms, not included)
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I knew that this cosmetic improvement would be available today.

Is this the last Spire Limited Featured Project and the next new Limited Featured Project will be introduced in Season 9?
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So, I'm guessing that, since this is the final one, we're on our way to Season 9 by March 6th?
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This seems like the kind of thing, once again, that should've been unlocked with normal progression.

This fleet holding is the embodiment with what's wrong with the current state of the game. It's barren, every detail that something like the dilithium mine would've just come with via prgression is considered an extra unlock, and it's supposed to be OK because it's shiny and poops out uber dps consoles and wtfbowdowntokingcrit pets. There's no repeatable officer of the watch missions, and without at least 600k dilithium, a fleet has one dark windowless room for a holding, even at tier 3.

The embassy and mine were fabulous, intricate, fun environments to explore, and even at least feigned a modest attempt at adding some small level of single-player replayability daily options. The spire is reused asset that's not even as nice as the public one. There wasn't a single optional project that the first two needed to have, they instead actually enhanced the environment. The spire without the optionals is practically unfinished content. For god's sake, we paid 200k to get a bar, didn't even get a bartender.
    edited February 2014
    I typically have to clear my browsing data about once a month in order to keep the Error 400's away.

On Chrome, go to Tools -> Clear Browsing Data -> check the boxes for "Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data" and "Empty the cache", and click "Clear Browsing Data".

It only seems to work if I do both of those, one or the other doesn't quite pull it off.

I'm not using Chrome however.
    LTS Since 2012
    do1ao9.jpg
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    crash490r wrote: »
    I'm not using Chrome however.

That's an easy fix:

Go to https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Click on 'Download Chrome'...

j/k, but the methods to clear your browsing data should be pretty similar in most browsers...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
    edited February 2014
    That's an easy fix:

Go to https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Click on 'Download Chrome'...

j/k, but the methods to clear your browsing data should be pretty similar in most browsers...

Chrome is so mainstream. Opera for the win.
    LTS Since 2012
    do1ao9.jpg
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Lead Content Designer Charles Gray shares details about the eighth and final Spire Featured Project in this entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

Thanks a lot for Arc. Thank you so very very much for integrating the forums into it. :mad:

When I click your 'Link to Blog', I get the blog page with a window on top of it that says 'Star Trek Online has moved. -You will be redirected in 7 seconds', after the timer reaches 0 it redirects me to http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online. It's the same for all your blogs.

Screenshot of what I'm talking about http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/MonkeyGuts69/Devblogredirect_zpsbbc296ba.jpg~original
  • torleiktorleik Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So, I'm guessing that, since this is the final one, we're on our way to Season 9 by March 6th?

There is usually a re-run of all the previous limited time projects before the new holding becomes available.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Looks way cool! Will never get there... :-) Not in my mini fleet, lol... Not unless there's a x2000 dilithium weekend someday :-)

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Same here with a mini Fleet. At least they should make these always available so if we ever get Dilithium rich.

LOL I saw the latest episode of Star Trek Continues where the drama is an Orion slave girl. I thought to myself, "Why don't they just buy her with Dilithium?"

LOL see what Cryptic has done to me.