test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Reputation Tier 2 broken

xynoxxxynoxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hit Tier 2 Romulan repuutation today and decided to go with the extra critical hit chance for space combat.

1. Went into space and checked my current level, it was 5.5%
2. Chose the "Precision" Tier 2 Romulan passive, which gives 3%
3. Checked my level again expecting to see 8.5% It wasn't.

In the real world, 5.5 + 3 = 8.5.
They teach this in 1st Grade; 6 year old kids understand the difference between adding and subtracting.

Cryptic Devs apparently don't, since my new critical hit chance in space is now 2.5%

Yes, that's right, in Cryptic math, 5.5 + 3 = 2.5
Post edited by xynoxx on

Comments

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just to make sure, but are you looking at your ship stats while in space? If you look at them on the ground it doesn't give you the proper values. Same thing if you look at ground stats while in space.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    xynoxxxynoxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Just to make sure, but are you looking at your ship stats while in space? If you look at them on the ground it doesn't give you the proper values. Same thing if you look at ground stats while in space.

What was #1 in my original post?

I didn't land again before choosing precision and checking again, it was all done one after the other; check, choose, check again.
    In fact I'm still in space.
    I know that stats for ground/space give the wrong values when you're in the wrong half of the game, that's why I went to space as step 1.

After exiting the game and restarting, it's still showing as 2.5%.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Sorry, were you in system space? Because sector space will show the wrong values too. In sector space my crit chance is 2.5% regardless of what my skills/gear is. After going into system space my crit reads as 7%. So it all looks fine to me.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    mightyleptonmightylepton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Didnt he just say his CritH stuck on 5.5%? In that case why do you ask if he's really in Sector space? Otherwise his CritH mustve been on 2.5%.
    Read the book of the Rihannsu.
  • Options
    lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xynoxx wrote: »
    They teach this in 1st Grade; 6 year old kids understand the difference between adding and subtracting.

Cryptic Devs apparently don't, since my new critical hit chance in space is now 2.5%

Well, in fairness to the Devs, fractions are hard, and decimal arithmetic isn't taught until 3rd or 4th grade...

;)

I checked on my character, and the +3% from the New Romulus Tier 2 ability seems to be working as it should for her. I didn't waste a respec token to re-slot it, of course.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Didnt he just say his CritH stuck on 5.5%? In that case why do you ask if he's really in Sector space? Otherwise his CritH mustve been on 2.5%.

No. He said that he started with 5.5% and added 3%, but it is now showing 2.5%. So it's possible he checked his starting crit in system space and then checked it again afterward in sector space, which would give him the 2.5% value.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Base crit chance is 2.5%. Adding the Rom T2 is 3% so 2.5+3=5.5%

There are no skills to increase crit that will show under stats/attack. Starship energy weapon specialization as an example won't show as it don't effect torps and mines. Playing as a romulan gets you Rom operative as do romulan boffs with the operative trait. Other then that only consoles like the Assimilated mod or Tachyokinetic etc will show crit under ship/attack. If you don't have any of the above then you're fine and it is working correctly. Works fine here btw.

Ensure you have chosen the space T2 and not the ground T2. Check your passives to ensure it's showing there. Maybe try swapping ships. Swap to a shuttle then back. I've had to swap to a different big ship then back to fix other issues i had before as swapping to shuttle and back didn't help. Is your ship injured and needs repairing. Hey i'd try anything at this stage.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • Options
    kenthendkenthend Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hit Tier 2 Romulan repuutation today and decided to go with the extra critical hit chance for space combat.

So as OP stated his crit showed 5.5% Before he chose t2 rep. So i would have to agree with OP something is may be wrong with the t2 rep
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014

After an initial test pass, I haven't been able to reproduce this in general. That leads me to believe that some Space Crit Chance increase on your character is not interacting properly with the Romulan Reputation increase.

What else do you have on this character that increases the Space Combat Critical Hit chance?

Alternatively, just let me know your character's name@handle and we can pull a copy of the character. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.
    STO QA Team