Hello STO community!
This channel is based on my original post herehttp://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1014301&highlight=channel
Star Trek Battles is catered towards bringing some show accuracy (x2 maybe x3) into STO. I touch on this in my original thread but what I mean by accuracy is in the show you DO NOT see a ship like the Defiant take on a Cube solo rather it takes a whole team of ships working together bring down the Cube. You also DO not see ships park n' shoot, they fly around in circles going in and out... see clip in my original thread for basic idea. (Still a classic IMO). Here are some of the ideas I have to achieve this.
- Ships MUST be outfitted with their race specific weapons for example the Feds use phasers Klings Distruptors and so on.
- Ships MUST have torpedoes fore and aft, again race specific.
- No parking!, all ships must be flying at all times. (NO stopping unless engines are offline) EDIT: I have seen the Enterprise D take a defensive position where it was between the Ent C and incoming BOPs as well as someone mentioned seeing the bigger ships taking a parking position. Up to this point there has not been any issues with this guideline but if you saw it you can do it is my stance. I personally will fly my ships cause that's what makes it fun for me. Keep in mind tho you park your defence is lowered as most of you know.
- Any ship in the game may be flown, it does NOT have to be a canon ship, i.e. Avenger with phasers or Elachi with disruptors.
- Also I request that we ALL keep a level of HIGH respect to one another when using STB channel. No swearing or abusive comments, it will NOT be tolerated. This is meant to be fun and not a debate or a place to start taking shots to one another. If there is a misunderstanding and you cannot resolve it let me know and I will try to help as best I can.
- There are some RP elements such as mission briefing but nothing I would consider like UBER RP.. I may throw something like Engage or something like that. It's welcomed but NOT required.
- It also has become somewhat of a tradation for ships to meet up for warp out as well as after the mission but it is not enforced but sometimes the question will be asked for the sake of looking COOL! :cool: below are some examples.
- Meet up above earth orbit or DS9
- This is where we form up and "report" or discuss mission tactics/roles
- After a run we form up again "report" and warp out
STB POST DR thoughts
It's been a couple of weeks since the launch of DR. With the statement from Cryptic saying that the new Advance was the SAME as the old Elite.. I found no reason to change my builds. Experiencing it first hand though... THAT is NOT the case. With the current state of STO, meaning the amount of HP the NPC's have now in Advance, the previous DPS cap has been lifted for now. I was against the thought of upgrading my gear but saw the need to with my first experience with ISA. It took me a couple of tries but with the help of some people within STB I think we found a new formula that will help us complete the new Advance missions. Here are some of what I believe would help. (Based on ISA)
- At least 2 - 3 high dps ships around 10k + with the rest being support.
- SOME upgraded gear (I have only upgraded 2 Beam Arrays & 1 field gen console to MK XIII)
- Teamwork! I cannot put enough emphasis on this... you can't complete the mission that requires dps when one of your team mates are dead.
It is possible to do ISA, KSA & CSA in CANON loadouts with time so spare.
With the current mechanics of STO I also did have to change my build to more beams than torps.. Usually I go 1 Beam Array and the rest torps.. I have to go 2 Beam arrays & 2 torps fore & aft.. I still prefer the 1/3 mix but I think I can still go back to that with more upgraded torps.
Please do note tho that there is no one forcing anyone to upgrade but it is recommended but all can be obtained within good time. There is NO rush for STB to become #1 in dps but what I'd like to see is STB be good at just playing and having fun in STO.
There maybe more edits down the line but I think for now this will do.
I'd like to thank all the Captains who have joined STB, all of you have made it a game that I will STILL continue to enjoy the Star Trek way.
Special shout out and thanks to the following fleets that support the STB Channel
- Spartan Vanguard of the 11th Fleet STB
- Fed Alliance Fleet FED & KDF sides
- Apocolyptic Fleet
Here is a list of the Admins of STB.. feel free to contact them in game or myself.@reyan01
And of course myself @trizeo1
Captain Trizeo signing off!
EDIT: April 20, 2014 - Here are some vids taken by one of the admins @risingstar2009
- thanks Captain 07 (<--- salute)http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16383231&postcount=399