test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Mk XII TRIBBLE..."

walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
We've had a number of UI refreshes over the years, and the latest is a big improvement. That said there are still too many instances of important text being hidden by ellipses.

The Dyson reputation store with a long list of "Mk XII Pist..."Mk XII TRIBBLE...".

The character sheet with "U.S.S. X...", "(No Offi...", "Task Force O...".

Even the episode lists with "Featured Epi...", "Romulan Mys..." and "Cardassian S...".

From talking to a few players I've tried (with varying success) to get into the game, this kind of obfuscation plays a large part in making STO hard to pick up.

Anyone else think we need to obliterate every instance of this from the game?
http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
Post edited by walshicus on

Comments

• anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Don't forget "Hamlet Prince O..." in the doffs. lol
    But yes I hate it. I tried to slide the ships names window more to the right but it can't.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Would a "Mk XII TRIBBLE..." be tight and perfectly rounded, and Mk I be of the badonkadonk variety - or the other way around?

All I know is that when my connection starts lagging like crazy, I get "Mk XII Pist..."

:D
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Would a "Mk XII TRIBBLE..." be tight and perfectly rounded, and Mk I be of the badonkadonk variety - or the other way around?

All I know is that when my connection starts lagging like crazy, I get "Mk XII Pist..."

:D

I lol'd more than I should have.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I lol'd more than I should have.

That makes two of us. :D

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dalolorn wrote: »
    That makes two of us. :D

Three now :)
  • redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    Got room for one more? The Mk XII should be very fine, and ultra rare, not too big, not too squishy, not to small, just right ;)
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm sorry I was busy trying to translate the opening post with my oxford dictionary. Which langague are you typing in because none of that matches English.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    I'm sorry I was busy trying to translate the opening post with my oxford dictionary. Which langague are you typing in because none of that matches English.

Telling the OP that his English stinks is very constructive criticism. :rolleyes:
    At least he tries. Practice makes perfect.

...and btw, what does 'langague' mean. I can't find that in your Oxford dictionary. :rolleyes:
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Every ship should be required to have "Mk XII TRIBBLE..." on board in plentiful supply. Fed, Romulan, KDF- all of them. Mandatory.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is your Mk XII TRIBBLE.... purple or blue?
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    Is your Mk XII TRIBBLE.... purple or blue?
    White.

I can't jump.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • trycksh0ttrycksh0t Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »

I might as well jump the count to 4. And I'm at work, so now everyone is staring at me like I've grown a second head..
  • lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    trycksh0t wrote: »
    I might as well jump the count to 4. And I'm at work, so now everyone is staring at me like I've grown a second head..

Five. That mark XII TRIBBLE...
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Every ship should be required to have "Mk XII TRIBBLE..." on board in plentiful supply. Fed, Romulan, KDF- all of them. Mandatory.

Yeah, I've got a couple of those 'Mk XII TRIBBLE...' on my bridge. ;) Why do you think the designers of Star Trek and the devs at Cryptic bothered to make all those catsuits? :D
    HQroeLu.jpg