test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bonus Marks Weekend

franc275franc275 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I know we will find out in a few days - but since this whole weekends event thing is new, what is everyone expecting the % increase in marks?

Similar to the Dilitihum Bonus Weekend? 50% on most, with 100% on a few events?

Just trying to plan accordingly.
Post edited by franc275 on

Comments

• Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It might be a bonus XP weekend instead.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    franc275franc275 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It might be a bonus XP weekend instead.

OH - Maybe I read the Calendar wrong (not in game right now, doing this from memory) - Bonus XP, though good for some, or maybe most with Rep and starbase projects sucking it up, would be a disappointment - I was looking forward to Marks.
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am not saying that is the case. I need to check the calendar myself. lol
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Bonus Marks Weekend. Just need to wait and see what events will be set at 50% or 100%.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    When this event will take place?, this last weekend we had nothing
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    When this event will take place?, this last weekend we had nothing

Friday to Monday. There was no weekend event last weekend, they are doing weekend events every other weekend.
  • Options
    priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited February 2014
    It's confirmed bonus marks. Hopefully I can farm enough to at least get a good chunk of Romulan done.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Will be farming NWS and store Fm for the next holding. All the other marks I would only convert to dil. 50% of 100% I'll be happier than without the boost.
  • Options
    happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    There was no weekend event last weekend, they are doing weekend events every other weekend.

Which is dumb as dirt.
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Which is dumb as dirt.

Except each 'weekend' is 5 days, so we in fact get more days by having it every fortnight, as opposed to a proper weekend, every weekend.
  • Options
    jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This whole weekend thing is TRIBBLE. So if I want to take advantage of the weekend boost I have to spend 5 days in mind numbing grind to stock up enough Marks, Dilithium, and other stuff to last me 2 or more months until the event rolls around again.

That is just plain stupid. They really must be in trouble if they need players to log in on the weekends.
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jrq2 wrote: »
    This whole weekend thing is TRIBBLE. So if I want to take advantage of the weekend boost I have to spend 5 days in mind numbing grind to stock up enough Marks, Dilithium, and other stuff to last me 2 or more months until the event rolls around again.

Or you could play as normal, and treat the bonus weekend as a bonus?
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Will be farming NWS and store Fm for the next holding. All the other marks I would only convert to dil. 50% of 100% I'll be happier than without the boost.

Gawd, I hope they don't give the bonus to NWS, then everyone will be playing NWS and nobody will be doing the normal events.

And with the NWS exploiting, the average NWSer by the end of the event will literally have Fleet Marks probablly in the 6-digits. :eek:
  • Options
    ladyinferno2010ladyinferno2010 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The switch from hourly events to bi-weekly events was one of the single worst decisions I've seen made here to date.
  • Options
    aarek1987aarek1987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The switch from hourly events to bi-weekly events was one of the single worst decisions I've seen made here to date.

I have mixed feelings on it. On one hand the events do last longer now and during the weekend, so we have more time to take advantage of them. On the other, because it's bi-weekly it could take a couple months just to see a bonus event cycle back around. While the hourly events were great for some people, Cryptic's stats apparently showed that only a minority of players were taking advantage of them. Because of that, we get bi-weekly events with extreme gaps between seeing the same bonus event again.
  • Options
    risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Multiphasic Search (or whatever it was called), Crafting, Officer Reports (once they took the FM's from it), and one other were essentially useless and I barely did any of them.

Mirror Incursion, Bonus Marks, and Mining I did when work allowed me to do it. Usually built up a nice reserve that disappeared over a couple of days.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • Options
    ladyinferno2010ladyinferno2010 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would be happier with every weekend.

I don't play daily anymore, because getting fleetmates to do a group event is difficult when there are no bonuses to be had. I expect on bonus marks that I will run STF's until my eyes bleed Borg green.

Double dilithium was okay because we still did the STF's just for the 1440 dilithium a run. And having some Mining Claims that gave up 10k each was useful.

But for the nearly two weeks between events everyone seems quiet and unmotivated. I haven't logged in since three or four days after the dilithium event.

It is not fun.
  • Options
    jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I use to go out of my way to run these missions during Bonus Hour because it was the extra bonus that made the grind a bit easier to swallow.

As most of us know running the same mission over a hundred times can get really old really fast, so when I run a mission I want to feel that I got my moneys worth?s and slowly but surely my Marks or whatever I?m grinding for is getting added to my daily total.

So to think if I only run the grind twice a day for only five days and now I will have to wait for 2 or more months to do it again is just plain stupid.
  • Options
    aarek1987aarek1987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would be happier with every weekend.

I don't play daily anymore, because getting fleetmates to do a group event is difficult when there are no bonuses to be had. I expect on bonus marks that I will run STF's until my eyes bleed Borg green.

Double dilithium was okay because we still did the STF's just for the 1440 dilithium a run. And having some Mining Claims that gave up 10k each was useful.

But for the nearly two weeks between events everyone seems quiet and unmotivated. I haven't logged in since three or four days after the dilithium event.

It is not fun.

I know what you mean. I'm on daily but running the same things repeatedly tends to get dull when you're doing it alone, especially when it comes to filling up the fleet projects. There have been times when I've been tempted to just find a new fleet, but I've already invested too much into this one to just leave it behind.
  • Options
    sulfrustriplesulfrustriple Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The impact of the weekends is serious for Fleet Marks, particularly for "small fleets." Fleet marks are needed every day, in large quantities. With the old system (to which fleet marks were added to HELP with the small fleet problem) the fleet marks bonus would happen twice daily. The cooldowns on Defera (a good source of daily fleetmarks) allowed you to run this daily and get a meaningful amount of marks.

Now, with weekend events, every other weekend, it will be lucky for fleet marks to be bonused once a month. Further, the Defera cooldowns will (likely) still exist, meaning you can only run it 4-5 times during the "bonus". This is equivalent to what you could earn in 5 days in the old system. This is a roughly 25 day "loss" to bonus fleet marks every month.

So, small fleets are facing a reduced inflow of fleet marks to fund their daily demands.

I can only see increasing fleet marks (and only fleet marks) returns permanently to "bonus" levels as a solution to this challenge.