test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starbase Skins Projects

tragamitestragamites Member Posts: 424 Arc User
Would it be possible to make some Fleet Projects that can offer us some Starbase skins? Maybe something like 4-6 alternate staircase appearances?

There are clearly many starbase models at least on the Fed side like ESD, K-7, starebase 82 etc. that could be used to make them a bit different so they are not all the same.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by tragamites on

Comments

• ameristamerist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I really like the idea.

Art assets for external -- for good or interesting looking stuff going on in system -- and different types of interiors would be quite fun.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yaaay!!! More 200k+ dilithium projects for useless things!!!!!!

On a serious note though.

I like this idea. When S6 launched, we were promised full customized starbases. These didn't turn out to be DS9-esque or Cylon Basestar-like starbases (for the latter, see the other starbases in the Sol system that aren't space mushrooms).'We ended up with fish tanks, banners, tables and tribbles.

So yeah, the customization first suggested is still welcome in-game. Just not sure how a certain skin can be selected that the entire fleet can agree on. And I"m not looking forward to another 768574635576878 dilithium project.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    When they announced Starbases, I was hoping we could get to choose what type of Starbase we could have or be stationed at. Or the type of starbase depended on your fleet's size. Instead, we ultimately got the STO version of the Legion of Doom's headquarters. :P