test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there a new costumecreator code?

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,412 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Academy
So I had seen people walking around with mix matched outfits ingame but only looked it up recently. The old code does not work, is there a new one floating around?

And what is Cryptics position on this? Is it good or bad?
1e3sni150tar.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's probably people with outfits left over from the old code. By and large, I think Cryptic looks down on this kind of thing, since they patched it some time ago.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Every patch I try the code and hope it works again. *sigh* How I wish I could mix-match my outfits.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,412 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I saw 2 Romulans with khans outfit, TOS tall boots and Orion bikini bottoms... I think there is a new code.. :P lol And this was today.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's been patched for.. probably around a year or so now. The ones you see running around are legacy costumes. The biggest thing I miss was having access to off-duty outfits for my Boffs - thankfully I still have my one Vulcan Boff in their robes.

As far as I can tell, Cryptic prefers to keep the draconic restrictions in place, although I don't know how much/if that comes from CBS.
  • aarek1987aarek1987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    I saw 2 Romulans with khans outfit, TOS tall boots and Orion bikini bottoms... I think there is a new code.. :P lol And this was today.

You mean the two Romulan females on Drozana Station wearing the Khan top with the Orion bikini bottom and the TOS Romulan female tall boots? They like to hang around there and act like they're impressive for exploiting a bug in the game. Too bad Cryptic doesn't appreciate people abusing exploits, even if it is just to get more freedom on outfits.
    edited February 2014
    Romulans weren't out when the code was out, were they?
    If so another way must exist.
  • aarek1987aarek1987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gurluas wrote: »
    Romulans weren't out when the code was out, were they?
    If so another way must exist.

The code was patched before LoR was launched if I remember correctly. All the links on how to do it seem to back that up as well, so there's a new way that people have found and it looks like they're keeping it to themselves this time.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    It's probably people with outfits left over from the old code. By and large, I think Cryptic looks down on this kind of thing, since they patched it some time ago.
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    So I had seen people walking around with mix matched outfits ingame but only looked it up recently. The old code does not work, is there a new one floating around?

And what is Cryptics position on this? Is it good or bad?

If cryptic would like that you wouldn't need a code to do it.
    szerontzur wrote: »
    It's been patched for.. probably around a year or so now. The ones you see running around are legacy costumes. The biggest thing I miss was having access to off-duty outfits for my Boffs - thankfully I still have my one Vulcan Boff in their robes.

As far as I can tell, Cryptic prefers to keep the draconic restrictions in place, although I don't know how much/if that comes from CBS.

Yeah. Idiot I am I didn't know about the code until it was patched out. I'd SO like the costumisation for bos.
    edited February 2014
    Hopefully it gets out before it gets patched.