test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ship Rename Option: Missing?

psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Academy
The option to rename my ship (or ships) is no longer there, even if I'm at the shipyard. What's going on?
NJ9oXSO.png
"Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
-Thomas Marrone
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's been moved to a little pencil icon next to the ship name. Look at the top of your ship screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The option to rename my ship (or ships) is no longer there, even if I'm at the shipyard. What's going on?

I had the same trouble...

You must be on a ground map. Then go to your ship status page (the page you see the thumbnail picture of your ship and gear slots)

Look where your ship name is and on the left, by the first letter of your ship name, is a pencil icon, click on it and the name change window will appear.

Regards.

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Finally found it. Sucks that we have to be at the shipyard to do it now, but whatever. Thanks for the help.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I picked up a new ship to test out the new loadout system, and to see if the bug where Bridge Officers get unstationed when you switch ships was... uh... defeated... by the new loadout system. I'm still testing that, but... I can't seem to find the option to rename ships. I went to to the ship tailor to see if it got moved there, but I can't find it there either.

So, how do I change ship names now? Or is this a bug?
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There should be an edit button next to the ship name (to the left I think).

-K
    edited February 2014

-K
    Do you mean when I tap "U" and get my status window up, or in the Ship Tailor at a space dock? In either case there is no "Edit" button.
    edited February 2014

-K

Wait!... you are correct, but for clarity, it's not in the Status windows when you tap "U", nor is it in the Ship Tailor. You find it at the Ship Selector person where you "ready" your ship.
    Thanks!
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you are at say ESD press U and next to the ship name there is now a pencil icon
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wait!... you are correct, but for clarity, it's not in the Status windows when you tap "U", nor is it in the Ship Tailor. You find it at the Ship Selector person where you "ready" your ship.
    Thanks!
    Are you absolutely sure about that? because I just did it, and guess what? the option to change my ship's name is there.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't think you can rename your ship while you're in it. (anymore? I seem to remember the option was always there before)
  • nimrodskiynimrodskiy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have an Odyssey Star Cruiser that I changed the name of last year when I received it. The name has changed on the status page, but the graphic in game still has the original name on it. I have successfully changed the name of other ships prior to and after this one, so I find it strange that this one seems to be stuck. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I submitted ticket number 2,308,249 if that's of any help.

Thanks!
  • keria0macleodkeria0macleod Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Firstly, welcome to the forums. :)

To your issue:
    I used to have the same problem constantly, until I actually looked into it. Turns out the cause of this bug is renaming your ship when you are not at the ship chooser person. (Can't remember what they are called at the moment.) While it is not a consistent thing, it is the only time this has happened to me.

As a solution, simply visit said ship chooser person and rename your ship something else. Then simply name it again to what your intended change was.

Also, they locked renaming ships in space for what I can only assume is that reason. Hope it helps!
    ~Cheers!
    Fleet Admiral; MACO Advanced Recon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    Are you absolutely sure about that? because I just did it, and guess what? the option to change my ship's name is there.

Yes, I am absolutely certain. The icon for changing ship names did not show up until I went to the Ship Selector NPC. It didn't show up when I was out in ESD space, nor did it show up when I was at the Ship Customization NPC, nor the Ship Requisition NPC
  • nimrodskiynimrodskiy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You, Sir (or madam)...are a saint and a scholar! All is now well. Thank you!
  • keria0macleodkeria0macleod Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Me would be madam. Lol. Anyways, I'm glad I was able to help!
    Fleet Admiral; MACO Advanced Recon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maywynd1288maywynd1288 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The option used to be there no matter where you were, but the 8.5 patch notes clearly stated that you are no longer able to name your starship from space. You must be on the ground.

A pencil icon appears next to your ship's name on the character/stations sheet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Starfleet: Endar Telvanni (Main), Eight of Twelve (Delta), Three of Five, Parmaq Tera'vo'
    KDF: Lok'tar Ogar, Kasumi T'Soni (Delta)
    Romulan: Five of Seven
  • haglahayhaglahay Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm not sure if it's a bug or I am blind, but I have no option anywhere to rename a ship that I own. I've checked the ship selector officer, the ship customization officer, and my own stats window. There is no option that I can find to rename a ship. What am I missing?