test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Valentine's Weekend Events ?

slyism3003slyism3003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I get that it's still the Anniversary Event and all but no events on Valentine's Weekend? Not because it's my birthday and everything(shameless plug:D) but its about spreading the love. My toon will be the one wearing white/red Sierra with discoballs popping off. Just dance baby and Happy Early V-Day wherever you are!

VADM Malinda Leisha Ketchem,Federation Amabassdor,U.S.S. Orlando;)
Post edited by slyism3003 on

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Most of the time events are pulled from stuff within the show. Honestly though, I don't think Q would be hosting a party for this.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hearts And Minds, maybe.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Knowing the scary "romantic" things that happen in MMO's I think it should stay that way.
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Get a significant other and you can have a valentines "event" ;)
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Most people who celebrate valentines day probably won't be doing it on an online game. They will use that strange outernet thing. :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nagrom7 wrote: »
    Most people who celebrate valentines day probably won't be doing it on an online game. They will use that strange outernet thing. :confused:

The graphics are good, but game play sucks at times.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why does there need to be a Valentines event? What's the point? Especially with the Anniversary running all month long. If anything that is such an anti Trek spirit, what with the wanton commercialization of a religious feast day. That I just can't get behind.

Now if you want us to throw an epic birthday bash, I'd be only with that.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I say bring it on, we need more events in this game. Doesn't have to be an everyday grindfest, something fun that rewards like silly costumes or something.
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There should be a Bonus Expertice Weekend Event
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd be surprised if there isn't a Foundry mission entitled, From Orion with Love. Or at least a Vulcan Love Slave mission? If not, sounds like a fun Valentine's weekend mission to create. ;)
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I get why you may want one OP. You must be single and lonely like me.

:(

J/K!

Posting this from within the game care of ARC. Pretty cool,. but it may be breaking my PC as it running at over 1 MILLION memory K recently. Slows my PC down like TRIBBLE and makes it very loud.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As tempting as it would be to shoot Q in the posterior with archaic projectile weapons, I think I've had enough of Q to last me until the next winter event...
  • Options
    matrix0matrix0 Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hmmm shouldn't you guys go out and celebrate valentine instead of playing sto? lol.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    slyism3003 wrote: »
    I get that it's still the Anniversary Event and all but no events on Valentine's Weekend? Not because it's my birthday and everything(shameless plug:D) but its about spreading the love. My toon will be the one wearing white/red Sierra with discoballs popping off. Just dance baby and Happy Early V-Day wherever you are!

Don't read the forum much? CapSmirk is hold a live stream on Valentines day with a run through on Nimbus. There is also going to be prizes up for grabs
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I want a mini-mission with a Vulcan Love Slave Holo-BOff reward.
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They should add an event.
    For the next 25 days we get a daily that gives us q valentines and we get a new ship if we have 1000 of them out of the event rep.
    We need a new event immediately after all, since people are getting finished with the anniversary event and the is a high danger of them starting to play the actual game again soon.
  • Options
    ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    TBH if your lucky enough to have someone on Valentines day then you should not be playing this game, you should be spending time together in the real world..... unless you both play this.... then meh.

If your single then Valentines day means nothing to you.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    VR Pink Tribble or a Pink Epohh for the day for everyone
  • Options
    tabzentabzen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    I say bring it on, we need more events in this game. Doesn't have to be an everyday grindfest, something fun that rewards like silly costumes or something.

Problem with this is that everything they introduce is a grind now ... nothing is for the "fun" factor when people have multiple alts.
  • Options
    drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They should add an event.
    For the next 25 days we get a daily that gives us q valentines and we get a new ship if we have 1000 of them out of the event rep.
    We need a new event immediately after all, since people are getting finished with the anniversary event and the is a high danger of them starting to play the actual game again soon.

I actually thought you were serious until I got to the end. Well played.
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I personally CANNOT wait for the Summer Event. In my opinion, they made it a fun grind. Anyone agree? And a Valentine's day event is a really bad idea.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    slyism3003 wrote: »

You're looking for par'Mach in the wrong place. Go to ground PvP against Klingons.:D
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Valentine event: Do 55 touch a miniQ to gather 45 qmenvalentations to be able to retrieve one flower.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    depc101depc101 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There's nothing like showing how you love some one like spending you time on a computer playing an mmo. :o
    vqpJOX.gif
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Get a significant other and you can have a valentines "event" ;)

My Noble class starship will protect my virginity!

*throws toy starship at the legions of girls hot for my body*
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sorry to all the lonely and single guys here, but my Valentine's day will be spent with my wife. No STO, no Anniversary grind, no watching someone else play and giving out rewards... Nah, the rewards this weekend will all be in real life...

;)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    maoguinmaoguin Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Sorry to all the lonely and single guys here, but my Valentine's day will be spent with my wife. No STO, no Anniversary grind, no watching someone else play and giving out rewards... Nah, the rewards this weekend will all be in real life...

;)
    CM

Holodeck, end simulation and save for next year :)
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cryptic could issue a special mandate tomorrow and triple the amount of Qmendations, marks and dillithium for tomorrow.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua