test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mouth movement and teeth

captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Hi everyone,

I've recently created a ferengi character, and I noticed that my ferengi doesn't move his mouth.
If I use emotes like yawning, his mouth is closed.

I don't know if other races have the same problem, but I do know that some have teeth and the ferengi doesn't. Could this be fixed please?

Do other races or aliens have this same problem?
Post edited by captainkenny1 on

Comments

• captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sorry to bump this, but nobody has this problem?
  • vtbmac07vtbmac07 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The character models in STO don't have moving mouths. None of them. STO isn't like Skyrim or other games of that ilk where such detail is necessary.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    vtbmac07 wrote: »
    The character models in STO don't have moving mouths. None of them. STO isn't like Skyrim or other games of that ilk where such detail is necessary.

Not true. There are quite a few places where the characters will move their mouths.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Not true. There are quite a few places where the characters will move their mouths.

Just in very unrealistic ways.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ok, I noticed that if you use the Khan emote, the character moves his mouth and also seems to have teeth, but not everyone has that emote. So it seems possible?

As compromise Me and many others are pleased if there was a talking emote, even if the movement is basic like some npc do.