test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Orbital assimilation

hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Romulan Discussion
I created a Romulan character a couple weeks ago. One of the earlier missions where you have to fight 2 galor's and an orbital weapons platform, I kept hearing the audio file (We are the Borg. Prepare for assimilation. Resistance is futile) when I was fighting it. No borg in the map at all. I heard it again when I had to save that D'ehlan warbird from that cardassian base. The Cardassian orbital weapon platforms kept saying they were borg. Severe identity crisis much?
The Grate Lorde Cheesus
Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
Kirks Prot

Comments

• Options
    iikkajarviiikkajarvi Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think the weapons incorporate Borg tech. The other possibility is that some of your crew were stealth-assimilated. Kill as many as you can to avoid danger.
    Current Server: Mindflayer
    History Class in the Realms: "Elves did it better first. Also, magic was probably involved somehow and maybe gods. Or godly magic. Now go outside so the orcs and bandits have someone to menace."
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That's a known bug. The devs are aware of it and the fix will probably be going live this Thursday.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone