test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please tell me Qmendations won't be needed again?

ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
I really don't want to do this 25 days per char+the FE, already did the Winter Event 35 days in a row on 8 characters, so, can someone confirm if the extra Qmendations one might gain if they do the FE+all 25 days are nothing but non-needed fluff?
Post edited by ericsonxx on

Comments

• Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ericsonxx wrote: »
    I really don't want to do this 25 days per char+the FE, already did the Winter Event 35 days in a row on 8 characters, so, can someone confirm if the extra Qmendations one might gain if they do the FE+all 25 days are nothing but non-needed fluff?

Well, considering Branflakes gave someone a reply about not being to slot the Anniversary ship project "until next year" if they waited too long, I'd say that Qmendations will be an annual thing just like Lohlunat Pearls and glossy autographed pictures of Q.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They have already stated they will reuse QMendations in the future.

And you only need to do the Party Event for 15 days to earn the ship - assuming you also did the FE.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    *dopeslap* Nose back to that grindstone, boy! :D
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They're saying that they do plan to reuse Qmendations, probably during future anniversaries.

And as a player who is grinding Qmendations up on 32 characters but only plan to claim the Science Destroyers on just a few, I sure do hope they're reused again.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    From what I heard you will need them again next year. As such, you can accumulate extra if you want and stock pile them for next year just like pearls and favors from the summer event, and Q glossies from the winter event.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Prior experience shows that once these genies are out of the bottle, it's impossible to cram them back in.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This seems relevant here.

But yeah, this seems to be the new standard for events. It's better than the first winter event where the ship prize was nearly unobtainable. But it's not as quick and simple as Temporal Ambassador.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg