test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestions for Elite fleet equipment on Regent Class

mli777mli777 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Federation Discussion
Hello, I am currently running an anti-proton beam boat with a wide angel quantum torpedo. Aside from the Tactical Consoles, What engineering consoles and warp cores would one recommend? I typically do PVE and occasionally Kerrat.
USS Canada
N.C.C. 171867
Sovereign Class
Saint John Fleet Yard
"A Mari Usque Ad Mare"
Post edited by mli777 on

Comments

• Options
    ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mli777 wrote: »
    Hello, I am currently running an anti-proton beam boat with a wide angel quantum torpedo. Aside from the Tactical Consoles, What engineering consoles and warp cores would one recommend? I typically do PVE and occasionally Kerrat.

My usual ENG Console loadout on my Fleet Assault Cruiser is 2x Fleet Neutronium Alloy, Borg Assimilated Module (in combo with the KCB) and the Plasmonic Leech (those 2 are definitive must-haves).
    As for warp cores, i found myself enjoying W->X cores, since in any build i run high weapons power they have some kinda use (this way i can use it for most builds in most ships), if possible a fleet core with AMP mod, other than that, maybe the Obelisk Core in combo with the 360 deg beam array for the set bonus (though i'm not quite sure how effective it actually is Vs the AMP mod on fleet cores)

hope it helps ;)
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ltdata96 wrote: »
    if possible a fleet core with AMP mod, other than that, maybe the Obelisk Core in combo with the 360 deg beam array for the set bonus (though i'm not quite sure how effective it actually is Vs the AMP mod on fleet cores)

I don't know how the AP boost rates compared to 3 or 4 AMPs, but losing the X->X functionality and potential for EPS, Eff, SEP etc on your warp core is a big loss that has discouraged me from ever using the Obelisk's core, even on an Antiproton build.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Personal recommendations

Warp core: Preferably one with AMP and W>X

Engineering consoles: Neutronium with extra turn and an RCS with extra all resist.

You probably already have it, but I really recommend getting the elite fleet shield resB.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    orondis wrote: »
    You probably already have it, but I really recommend getting the elite fleet shield resB.

Why? I've heard of this a lot but I don't have access to Elite Shields yet, so what's their "thing"?
  • Options
    captaindecker12captaindecker12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ^ the [Adapt] modifier. It increases damage resistance against the type of incoming fire, up to 20%.
    Actual Join Date: Dec 2009 (Yes, that's pre-launch)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    What Decker said. Plus the Res B modifier gives an extra 15% shield damage resist to plasma, antiproton and disruptor on top of the [adapt] mod. That covers the KDF, Romulans, Cardassians, Borg, Voth and Undine.
    Previously Alendiak
  • Options
    mli777mli777 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Alright, to update everyone:

I decided to follow the general advice given by everyone, so:
    For my Sovereign -class it now uses:

Elite Fleet Reinforced Warp Core [SEP][W->S][SCap][AMP][SST]
    Now, my fleet doesn't have that much personal requisition provision, so I am holding off getting an Elite Shield until my fleet can get sufficient provisions.
    (I am using Assimilated Deflector Array and Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines)
    As for my Engineering consoles, I followed most of ltdata96's example with a neutronium alloys with [+Turn] and the enhanced RCS [+HullHP](I decided to go for this since I wanted to survive Kerrat PVPers.) Also, I am currently using a Mark XI Blue EPS regulator. I am trying keeping a second neutronium alloy, with my Plasmonic leech in a Sci slot.

Question: If I replaced a neutronium with that Plasmonic leech, any good recommendations for Science console?
    USS Canada
    N.C.C. 171867
    Sovereign Class
    Saint John Fleet Yard
    "A Mari Usque Ad Mare"
  • Options
    gwassalorgwassalor Member Posts: 164
    edited February 2014
    I don't know how the AP boost rates compared to 3 or 4 AMPs, but losing the X->X functionality and potential for EPS, Eff, SEP etc on your warp core is a big loss that has discouraged me from ever using the Obelisk's core, even on an Antiproton build.

Last time I tried the tooltip thing in system space, the Obelisk core was showing higher DPS then my Elite Fleet Core with [AMP] and all 4 powers over 75 (Eng toon). So I fly Obelisk core on my AP builds ever since, because I cannot guarantee 75+ on all powers all the time, but the AP bonus from Obelisk set is active all the time.
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I run one of the +threat Science consoles from the Embassy, though their function might be somewhat redundant since you'll have access to the 4th Cruiser command for that

Though i would still reccomend some of the available sci consoles from the embassy store
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    mli777 wrote: »

Question: If I replaced a neutronium with that Plasmonic leech, any good recommendations for Science console?

Field generator console, to boost you max shield capacity.
    Previously Alendiak
  • Options
    xingchoxingcho Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gwassalor wrote: »
    Last time I tried the tooltip thing in system space, the Obelisk core was showing higher DPS then my Elite Fleet Core with [AMP] and all 4 powers over 75 (Eng toon). So I fly Obelisk core on my AP builds ever since, because I cannot guarantee 75+ on all powers all the time, but the AP bonus from Obelisk set is active all the time.

As I understand it the Obelisk set adds it's +10% after other mods have been applied rather than to the base weapon dmg, making it better than fleet cores for AP builds.
  • Options
    redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2014
    Beam arrays: 3x fore and 3x aft Advanced Fleet Antiproton Accx2 Dmgx2. Those work really good for me.
    Shield Array: Elite fleet Resilent
    Engi consoles, Fleet neutronium highest mark available +turn or +Hull HP